Colors other than FE colors

Rapture

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Very nice work.

I'd love to see Porsche Grey-Black and Audi's Mocha Latte.

Thanks,

dgrace

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
HighresScreenshot00007.png

HighresScreenshot00006.png

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
@Eagle7 any chance you could do one up in Ferrari's metallic midnight blue or inozetek's supergloss metallic midnight green? 🙏

No other preferences though not the black pack.

OP
Eagle7

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
@Eagle7 any chance you could do one up in Ferrari's metallic midnight blue or inozetek's supergloss metallic midnight green? 🙏

No other preferences though not the black pack.
This was my guess at the upcoming Atlantis Blue, which is pretty close to midnight blue. I'll see what I can do about the other color.

Atlantis Blue 1.png

Atlantis Blue 1b.png

Atlantis Blue 1c.png

OP
Eagle7

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
That other color you requested is a vinyl wrap, and I'm having a heck of a time trying to get the renderer to match the look of a vinyl surface. It's either too dark or too light. I'm probably not using the right settings (I'm a hobbyist, not a pro with this software).

I'm trying to match the look of these real-car images to get the same color shift. I'll keep chipping away at it to see if I can figure this out.

WeChatImage_20200801154444-3046682651.jpeg

WeChatImage_20200801154514-1149802149.jpeg

Concept24

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
That does look similar to DV. Lexus/Toyota has a "Nordi Green" that looks somewhat drab under cloudy skys, but is intriguing under direct sunlight.

Last edited:

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
That other color you requested is a vinyl wrap, and I'm having a heck of a time trying to get the renderer to match the look of a vinyl surface. It's either too dark or too light. I'm probably not using the right settings (I'm a hobbyist, not a pro with this software).

I'm trying to match the look of these real-car images to get the same color shift. I'll keep chipping away at it to see if I can figure this out.

View attachment 25332
View attachment 25333
Yeah I can understand why it would be difficult. Here's an example of how much it pops.

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I know very little about 3D rendering and love your work here. The photographer in me sees these and thinks they're super close, they just need a little bump in contrast and/or exposure offset. Wheels are a little overcooked in my edit below but I think it gives the paint that extra bit of realism.

atlantis-blue-1b-png.25219

1681868442994.png

OP
Eagle7

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I know very little about 3D rendering and love your work here. The photographer in me sees these and thinks they're super close, they just need a little bump in contrast and/or exposure offset. Wheels are a little overcooked in my edit below but I think it gives the paint that extra bit of realism.

atlantis-blue-1b-png.25219

View attachment 25356
I like this... a lot! Anything can be adjusted in the program, you just have to know what to adjust and how to do it. I'll play around with the color shader and see what it would take to get that look. It may be a combination of the paint color and the light intensity.

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I like this... a lot! Anything can be adjusted in the program, you just have to know what to adjust and how to do it. I'll play around with the color shader and see what it would take to get that look. It may be a combination of the paint color and the light intensity.

Are they allowing you to take the "picture" with camera settings? I know some render programs let you adjust aperture, shutter speed, ISO, etc. If so, underexposing a little might help.

OP
Eagle7

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Are they allowing you to take the "picture" with camera settings? I know some render programs let you adjust aperture, shutter speed, ISO, etc. If so, underexposing a little might help.
Yes you have full control of cameras. Being a purist, I try and adjust everything else instead of the cameras, assuming it's something I'm doing or not doing that needs adjusting.

Spent some time tweaking things and I've gotten pretty close to your image:

Screen Shot 2023-04-19 at 7.45.56 AM.png

Drlonline

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Yes you have full control of cameras. Being a purist, I try and adjust everything else instead of the cameras, assuming it's something I'm doing or not doing that needs adjusting.

Spent some time tweaking things and I've gotten pretty close to your image:

View attachment 25424
@Eagle7, can you render this in black please? Assuming they offer that in the future, this would be my preferred spec(black with tan interior and yellow calipers)

OP
Eagle7

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
@Eagle7, can you render this in black please? Assuming they offer that in the future, this would be my preferred spec(black with tan interior and yellow calipers)
Looks like Lotus has beat me to it. Black is now up on the configurator.

Drlonline

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Looks like Lotus has beat me to it. Black is now up on the configurator.
Yes, thanks for tiding us over with your renders while we waited for the configurator to be updated with the new colors.