First Edition colours - first-hand impressions...

daveparky84

Reaction score
I've had a fiddle with the factory Nimbus pics, playing with the white balance, black pack and alloys. Not having seen the colour in the flesh, I'm not sure it's accurate, but in my head as the factory is a bit more balanced, the car should be too... Original below for reference.

I really love Nimbus on the configurator Im hoping its more or less the same tone and same level of brightness / darkness. I understand it may have more dramatic liquid metal texture which is fine. These shots inside the factory are quite underexposed and under tricky lighting, not just a matter of adjusting the white balance I don't think.

Anyone who's seen Nimbus in the flesh, how does it compare to the Config?

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Further proof that yellow is the way to go 😜

That's funny, because when I follow used car ads, the yellow cars always seem to take 2x or 3x as long to sell... I wonder if that's just a Canadian thing? 🤔

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
F****ing clouds!
Heh... exactly where my head went :)

grandpa_simpson_yelling_at_cloud10.jpg

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
While everyone's attention is on the Dark Verdant example (it may not even be real - doesn't have Lotus badging on the tail!), I think it actually makes the Seneca next to it pop really nicely...

OP
eclat2emira

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Anyone who's seen Nimbus in the flesh, how does it compare to the Config?
Hi, to answer your specific question relative to my comments at the start of this thread, I jumped on the config and I'd say that viewed first hand Nimbus is a touch darker and a touch warmer than it looks in the config. Bear in mind this is based on seeing 3 Nimbus Emiras in the factory and the light conditions in the config may be a reflection of how much it lightens up in strong light, and this lightening may somewhat reduce the warm tones.

Overall, I have to say they have done a great job with the configurator.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Looks like the First Edition badge has some nice 3D texturing within it. (y)

View attachment 4943
I remember in an interview way back when, Russell was explaining that the badges on the blue and gray show cars were not the final badges. He said the final badging would be more jewel-like. This actually looks like it may be the final badge. Doesn't look too bad. I've zoomed in with a photo program and the background does look like it may be carbon fiber, or at least a textured surface that looks like it.

I still wish it had a color Union Jack on it though.

OP
eclat2emira

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
While everyone's attention is on the Dark Verdant example (it may not even be real - doesn't have Lotus badging on the tail!), I think it actually makes the Seneca next to it pop really nicely...
It's real!!! I asked the guy sitting in it on Thursday morning, it's a final pre-prod non-customer car same as all the others ATM.

DV was darker than I thought it would be outdoors after seeing it inside the factory a couple of days before - BUT it was a very overcast day, I so want to see it in bright sunlight, which is, of course, how I'll see mine 365 days a year once it's in Scotland! :unsure: :ROFLMAO:

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
View attachment 4939
Hope there’s a way to remove the amber for us North America folks
I actually like it myself, but since it's encased in the headlight assembly, removing it might be a little difficult. Usually those are sealed.

It's a smart way to do it though. Instead of a completely separate fender with a lens and light fixture in it, and more wiring from the harness to get to it, this is just a lens and the wiring is part of what's already there.

Jonhklee

Emira Fiend
Reaction score

Jonhklee

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I had a little play with the Dark Verdant in light room, changed the alloys to black too. White balance is still a bit off, but I think it's a little more accurate representation of the picture. It's definitely a lot darker than I was expecting! But seemed to be the common theme from everyone who's seen it. Likewise, for those that have, does this look accurate to you?View attachment 4941
I actually prefer the design of the cast wheel…. And certainly in black

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I am so back to square one again! The highs and lows of Emira colours!!!
Lol really? These are the best views we've had of almost all of them so far. The only one missing for an outside shot is Nimbus, but I believe there's one more day (Friday) for this event, so hopefully we'll get more pictures.

OP
eclat2emira

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
UPDATE ON MY SENECA OBSERVATIONS

Hi, putting together my own observations with some other comments on the forum about how light or dark it is, I've come to the following conclusion:

When I saw Seneca cars and panels in the factory they looked darker than I remembered, when i saw it at the roadshow and most of videos and stills that we've all seen. When I saw it outdoors it did look lighter - more as I remembered it.

I'm pretty sure what is a happening is the very fine metallic component in Seneca is lightening the whole hue when it has plentiful light, so it will appear lighter a good bit of the time. I don't ever read the blue as light enough to be a "baby blue" to use someone else's terminology, or in any way not a masculine colour (with apologies to the ladies on the for me as it is most definitely not all about the blokes, neither should it be!)

It still reminds me of the French national motorsport colour, French Racing Blue (like British racing Green) a seen on old F1 cars, Gordinis, Alpines and the like - and that is a great-looking, classic, timeless colour - with a modern twist from the Lotus Design gurus: Peter Horbury, Russell Carr and their great team.

freefall_junkie

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
UPDATE ON MY SENECA OBSERVATIONS

Hi, putting together my own observations with some other comments on the forum about how light or dark it is, I've come to the following conclusion:

When I saw Seneca cars and panels in the factory they looked darker than I remembered, when i saw it at the roadshow and most of videos and stills that we've all seen. When I saw it outdoors it did look lighter - more as I remembered it.

I'm pretty sure what is a happening is the very fine metallic component in Seneca is lightening the whole hue when it has plentiful light, so it will appear lighter a good bit of the time. I don't ever read the blue as light enough to be a "baby blue" to use someone else's terminology, or in any way not a masculine colour (with apologies to the ladies on the for me as it is most definitely not all about the blokes, neither should it be!)

It still reminds me of the French national motorsport colour, French Racing Blue (like British racing Green) a seen on old F1 cars, Gordinis, Alpines and the like - and that is a great-looking, classic, timeless colour - with a modern twist from the Lotus Design gurus: Peter Horbury, Russell Carr and their great team.
I have ordered Seneca, so those are very interesting observations. The colour does seem to look very different depending on lighting, and photos can be misleading. Here is a pic I took at the Parks roadshow, and my first reaction when I got home was that the colour was nothing like the car I had been looking just an hour before. I think the bright spot lights and the silver fleck fooled the camera into making it a few shades lighter than it appeared in person.
20211016_154528 (1).jpg

This photo is more as I remember it, but there are plenty of pictures where it looks much darker still.
img_1382-30-jpg.195

Excited to see it again for real next week. I'd really like to get to see one with my choice of black wheels - fingers crossed!

OP
eclat2emira

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I have ordered Seneca, so those are very interesting observations. The colour does seem to look very different depending on lighting, and photos can be misleading. Here is a pic I took at the Parks roadshow, and my first reaction when I got home was that the colour was nothing like the car I had been looking just an hour before. I think the bright spot lights and the silver fleck fooled the camera into making it a few shades lighter than it appeared in person. View attachment 4953

This photo is more as I remember it, but there are plenty of pictures where it looks much darker still.
img_1382-30-jpg.195

Excited to see it again for real next week. I'd really like to get to see one with my choice of black wheels - fingers crossed!
Your two photos highlight the extremes of the variation perfectly; the brighter the light, the lighter Seneca gets. Both look great to me!

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The linked article suggests some of it is related to popularity vs rarity, so yellow is rare and worth more whereas silver is popular and worth less.

Those Nimbus Emiras are going to be the most common, so it figures they’ll be worth less on resale than the other colours.
(just kidding, Nimbus folks :) )
that's why I put the black pack on my Nimbus.
Only to increase the resale value!!! 🤣🤣

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I had a little play with the Dark Verdant in light room, changed the alloys to black too. White balance is still a bit off, but I think it's a little more accurate representation of the picture. It's definitely a lot darker than I was expecting! But seemed to be the common theme from everyone who's seen it. Likewise, for those that have, does this look accurate to you?View attachment 4941
Love the black wheels, but that Seneca blue is way off, so that photo may need further adjustment.

PaulP

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Camera auto white balance and auto exposure strikes again. Not accurate