First Edition colours - first-hand impressions...

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I really love Nimbus on the configurator Im hoping its more or less the same tone and same level of brightness / darkness. I understand it may have more dramatic liquid metal texture which is fine. These shots inside the factory are quite underexposed and under tricky lighting, not just a matter of adjusting the white balance I don't think.

Anyone who's seen Nimbus in the flesh, how does it compare to the Config?

Tough question, because Nimbus changes a lot even in the config. Sometimes it looks liquid metal, and sometimes it looks chalky. So I’m keen to see it in sunshine. I mean come on guys, I saw 4 of them yesterday and one was on wheels let’s roll it outside!

I’ve attached the angle/lighting from the configurator that I think most accurately portrays what I saw on the factory floor.

Edit:

To my eye it did very much look like the color on the Mazda MX-5 Spyder concept.

1651237185332.png

1651237227900.png

1651237251517.png

Attachments

• 30A0A161-4F74-4489-8A1D-7BC595200051.jpeg
    30A0A161-4F74-4489-8A1D-7BC595200051.jpeg
    99.3 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Tough question, because Nimbus changes a lot even in the config. Sometimes it looks liquid metal, and sometimes it looks chalky. So I’m keen to see it in sunshine. I mean come on guys, I saw 4 of them yesterday and one was on wheels let’s roll it outside!

I’ve attached the angle/lighting from the configurator that I think most accurately portrays what I saw on the factory floor.

Edit:

To my eye it did very much look like the color on the Mazda MX-5 Spyder concept.

View attachment 4955

View attachment 4956
View attachment 4957

@Griggsy you were there, do you agree?

OP
eclat2emira

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score

Edit:

View attachment 4955

View attachment 4956
View attachment 4957
I'd say the Emira image is much closer than the Mazdas - but needs to be a touch warmer.

Green

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I'd say the Emira image is much closer than the Mazdas - but needs to be a touch warmer.
Sorry but are you saying the factory Emira image or the configure Emira image. They look so different to me.

OP
eclat2emira

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Hi, clo
Sorry but are you saying the factory Emira image or the configure Emira image. They look so different to me.
Hi, closer to the Emira Factory image which was in the post I was responding to.

Autopsy

Emira Fan
Reaction score
From what the nimbus behaved on the flowform we know with artificial warm light it can be very warm you can even say it’s champagne or gold, yet when shined with a phone torch or brought under bright sunlight the travel becomes dramatically larger and most gold/champagne gone.

DrD

Emira Fan
Reaction score
So I've had another fettle with the DV pic in lightroom - to set your expectations a bit, it's a 3rd hand compressed JPG that I've tried processing, not a RAW file, there's only so much information you can pull out of the picture. The highlights are as low as they can go without creating artifact, I've de-saturated the picture as the Senecca was popping too much, however any more and the rest of the picture's colours are entirely off. Whatever phone was used to take the picture, and then when it was uploaded to instagram, has really skewed the balance of colour.

Take this more as something to enjoy and whet the appetite, rather than you know... a lotus press release.
Imagen PNG-11.jpg

Quantox

Reaction score
Damn I was all in for the Seneca blue with black pack top . But seeing the magma red without the black pack looks really nice too very classic reminds me of a Ferrari . Am I the only one liking them more without the black pack?
My first selection was Magma with the BP but repeated viewings on the config led me to appreciate the flowing lines of the non-BP vs the interrupted lines with BP. I just love the beautiful flow of double curvatures and imo they are better displayed without the BP. So, my pretty much final spec., when they call for it, is Magma, Ice Grey, no BP, Diamond Cut, unsure on privacy glass as I prefer light interiors and would like more engine visibility. A "must have" for me is aftermarket Lotus graphics on the sill panel in yellow of course. Cheers. Colin.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
For some reason this picture reminds me of Spitfires at dawn, lined up on a British airfield, ready to take off to take on the Germans. It's like deja vu all over again.

View attachment 4928

View attachment 4929

The Spitfire is my all-time favorite prop plane, and the Emira has that same feeling of long, flowing curves.

Technically it should be like US B-24 Liberator bombers lined up:

Porter's excellent video shows the transition from WW2 airfield to Lotus factory and test track really well:

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
So I've had another fettle with the DV pic in lightroom - to set your expectations a bit, it's a 3rd hand compressed JPG that I've tried processing, not a RAW file, there's only so much information you can pull out of the picture. The highlights are as low as they can go without creating artifact, I've de-saturated the picture as the Senecca was popping too much, however any more and the rest of the picture's colours are entirely off. Whatever phone was used to take the picture, and then when it was uploaded to instagram, has really skewed the balance of colour.

Take this more as something to enjoy and whet the appetite, rather than you know... a lotus press release.View attachment 4964
I have no clue about technology, but maybe the picture I posted of DV is better than Instagram. It was sent to me through WhatsApp from the original phone that took the picture. I saved it in my Mac, and then copy/paste in the thread.
Maybe you can check if you find any quality difference with the latest posted here from Instagram, which definitely was somebody that took it from our Forum to Instagram and then somebody posted back here. Funny how fast this social media goes!

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
You know this is the go-to forum for Emira news and info when you see our content re-posted on other social media and then posted back here!

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Looks like the First Edition badge has some nice 3D texturing within it. (y)

View attachment 4943
Compare the final badge to the dynamic prototype badge which looks like one of those vinyl jelly stickers stuck on a piece of aluminium.

I’m sure there will be lots of nice little details like this we will find once we get to see production spec cars.

6AE4C1CB-69FA-4429-BF25-12B995269D02.jpeg

CheshireCat

Reaction score
Appreciate the effort in post processing the DV image, but the sky blue/turquoise Emira on the off side withe the same colour Exige on the near side may indicate that the initial photo is way off in colour balance. Are there any other posts showing that the light blue cars are real colours?

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com

Latest posts