Alternate configurator renders of the other 4 FE colors

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
After being frustrated with the lack of accuracy and/or realism with the official configurator, I decided to buy a 3D model of the Emira and come up with my own. These are my 4 best guesses for Magma Red, Hethel Yellow, Dark Verdant and Nimbus Grey. Nimbus is the one I've been having the most trouble with believe it or not, even though Dark Verdant was a royal pain to get more or less close to the samples we've seen. I'm still working with Nimbus but this is where it's at for the moment.

This is in a simulated outdoor setting with natural sunlight. All 4 of these are the same other than paint color, i.e. Black Pack, tan leather seats, silver forged wheels, yellow calipers. I'll do some more with different caliper colors, black wheels, diamond cut, and different angles, etc. but this is to start. I'll also do some in a studio light setting, as well as maybe inside a parking garage or something like that.

The idea here is to give people a more realistic idea of how the other FE colors we haven't seen on a car might actually look on the car. I'm not claiming these are absolutely accurate, but I think they're not too far off.

(I should mention that the model was created by 3D SQUIR and I did all the textures, colors, etc.)

Magma Red.png

Hethel Yellow.png

Dark Verdant.png

Nimbus Grey.png

CheshireCat

Reaction score
Brilliant work. I have no idea how you can produce this by computer graphics but it is a joy to see the cars so well depicted and so much more realistic than the configurator. They all look fantastic but the nimbus grey model is the one that I was moving towards and this has really helped me firm up my configuration.

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
You utter bastard... this has cast me back in to complete doubt again!

If I had one criticism, it would be that there is too much sunlight in these renders to simulate UK viewing conditions accurately :)

(awesome work. these look amazing! :D)

SJR202

Emira Fan
Reaction score
You utter bastard... this has cast me back in to complete doubt again!

If I had one criticism, it would be that there is too much sunlight in these renders to simulate UK viewing conditions accurately :)

(awesome work. these look amazing! :D)
Haha, yeah can you do an overcast, drizzly, damp setting with the paint covered in road salt, maybe a cracked wheel rim from the huge pot holes the UK has ;)

But seriously, that is AMAZING work, think you've done an epic job replicating the car colours, based on the updated configurator those colours seem to be very close to the tone but much more realistic and life like (in your renders), that is the Green spec I'd choose, the Nimbus I've actually ordered already, but the newer colour views are making me only 60/40 on the Nimbus/Verdant.

Again amazing work - thanks.

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Guys. Look. This is all obviously a conspiracy. Lotus needs time to catch up on things so they have these expert master graphic designers posing as innocent forum members.

Their main priority is giving us too many choices (even though there are only 6 colors) so we don’t mind the delay.

Can’t you all see that? We can’t trust any of these amazing computer users! ;)

Also, yes, these are just causing me to buy another laptop dedicated to the configurator… Dang it.

supersix

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Excellent work! Have you thought about doing a white/black render?

Daz

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Stunning work, this is the exact red configuration that I’m going with….. but the nimbus does look nice . Definitely sticking with red, I mean nimbus no red

NickR

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Stunning work, this is the exact red configuration that I’m going with….. but the nimbus does look nice . Definitely sticking with red, I mean nimbus no red
Going with the same spec also. Classic sports car colours that won't date.

torstin

Reaction score
Ffs…
Back to square 1 choosing colour…
These all look fantastic.
Great work and much appreciated

Johnson

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Beautiful work. I’m still not convinced by the red, though… probably darker than that, even in sunlight. Which is a shame, as that orange-red is just gorgeous.

GarrethN

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I’ve had exactly the same dilemma, I was Nimbus originally, now it’s red but I still like the niimbus. So red it is then 🤔

OP
Eagle7

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Thank you all for your feedback!

Okay, after struggling to resolve an issue with rendering, I discovered that an important rendering setting was OFF, which should be on. I'm guessing since the model I bought was created in 3D Max and converted to Cinema 4D which is what I use, that setting somehow never came across. SO, now that I've turned that back on, the results are far more like they should be.

Basically ignore every image I've posted already; these are more realistic.

Magma is not an easy color to simulate due to the many changes in it's coloring depending on the light source and reflective surroundings (which is true for all the colors actually), but here's the latest.

Magma Revision 1 outdoors
Magma R1 outdoors 1.png

Magma R1 outdoors 2.png

Magma Rev 1 Studio
Magma R1 Studio 1.png

Magma R1 Studio 2.png