Anyone received their 30 day notification yet?

Concrete guy

Reaction score
11th July deposit.yellow ,black, pack, v6 manual, tracker home link. November build

Attachments

• 55A088D5-7262-458E-9E93-FAA5E5FA2F06.jpeg
    55A088D5-7262-458E-9E93-FAA5E5FA2F06.jpeg
    208.6 KB · Views: 43

Tommyboy1986

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I am now October production (original order 8th July 2021 for Nimbus, auto, black pack, red leather, red callipers, no tracker and no homelink). I don’t understand why Lotus are saying “As your Emira completes the production process we will contact you” Why would they effectively build in a 30 day delay once the car is in build as they originally said that payment would be due 30 days prior to delivery.

I wonder what the timeframe is for building the car (start to finish), getting Unipart to take it to Oxford for PDI and then get it on transport to your home/dealer/back to Hethell for the collection options.

If they know that they are building the car in x weeks, they could surely be a great deal more efficient and get things in motion before the car is built. More importantly from a business and cashflow point of view, you would expect that they would like to have money coming in as soon as possible.

Unless I am missing something, I think that they way they have worded the e.mail leaves the door wide open for further delays, with no further contact promised from Lotus until they actually start building your car.

I understand the reason for parts delays, but my patience is wearing thin with the very poor customer experience from Lotus. I think the only thing that Lotus has achieved for me is to slowly strangle the excitement of getting my first brand new car in 40 years.
I’m thinking Late November / December delivery for mine . The email today said October build could be the last week in October will take a month to sort out all the shit no doubt then deliver end of November or Christmas .
Will be fun side ways in the snow any way 🤣🤣

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I have a 6 month £25k deposit on a Fezza 296GT
They asked for £20k from me. (Syntner)
Poverty spec. I liked the standard wheels and seats, added red stitching and embossed headrest, scud shields and, of course, Carbon drivers zone and came in just under my psycho target of £250k. I'd love the carbon seats. Driving it on track at Silverstone next month - wicked!!

11th July deposit.yellow ,black, pack, v6 manual, tracker home link. November build

You will at least have a bloody marvellous Xmas!!

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Good to see the Lotus website still says Spring 2022 for deliveries.

I feel sorry for Lotus, no cash flow coming in, wages to be paid and managing the logistics of builds with different parts missing must be a nightmare.
I’m so glad they have sent me a key fob, brochure, scarf, Emira mouse Matt and mug it’s really incentivised me to stay committed.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Good to see the Lotus website still says Spring 2022 for deliveries.

I feel sorry for Lotus, no cash flow coming in, wages to be paid and managing the logistics of builds with different parts missing must be a nightmare.
I’m so glad they have sent me a key fob, brochure, scarf, Emira mouse Matt and mug it’s really incentivised me to stay committed.

I'd honestly be happy to get a keychain at this point. Something.. Anything to show me I'm a valued customer.

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
I am now October production (original order 8th July 2021 for Nimbus, auto, black pack, red leather, red callipers, no tracker and no homelink). I don’t understand why Lotus are saying “As your Emira completes the production process we will contact you” Why would they effectively build in a 30 day delay once the car is in build as they originally said that payment would be due 30 days prior to delivery.

I wonder what the timeframe is for building the car (start to finish), getting Unipart to take it to Oxford for PDI and then get it on transport to your home/dealer/back to Hethell for the collection options.

If they know that they are building the car in x weeks, they could surely be a great deal more efficient and get things in motion before the car is built. More importantly from a business and cashflow point of view, you would expect that they would like to have money coming in as soon as possible.

Unless I am missing something, I think that they way they have worded the e.mail leaves the door wide open for further delays, with no further contact promised from Lotus until they actually start building your car.

I understand the reason for parts delays, but my patience is wearing thin with the very poor customer experience from Lotus. I think the only thing that Lotus has achieved for me is to slowly strangle the excitement of getting my first brand new car in 40 years.
you dont need to pay 30 days in advance of receiving the car, this has been mentioned to several of us, including myself, but its false. You would however be signing a contract 30 days before..and from then there is no turning back, but payment will be quite a bit closer, couple of weeks, to hand over.
I agree however, the email is poor and there is no common thread with CS and who ever is writing these emails... and I strongly agree, there is NO guarantee in this email when we will get our cars as I am sure they are still not that sure themselves....

ON WE GO..... the debacle continues

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Just had a chat with CS. They said "things are moving forward" and that "they are preparing to start making calls". Sounds promising guys. The only snag is the word "soon" was used quite frequently.🤔
This is a new level of nuance....... `preparing to make calls. `
A step up from the ever elasric `soon.`
Next in line is 'upcoming`

Better yet: Watch this space!

shaank

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Long time lurker, first time poster....

September build email arrived this morning.
Hethel Yellow, Manual, Silver wheels.

Seems to be most of batch one are delayed to Oct/Nov with a few in Sept based on what people are posting across various forums.

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

Seems to be most of batch one are delayed to Oct/Nov with a few in Sept based on what people are posting across various forums.
Nice way to make your presence known!
Congratulations and welcome.

Nick in Sydney

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Biggest disappointment: not one single customer production slot in August.

Only positive: Matt is on video saying that FE pricing will not change. FE could end up being a bit of a bargain.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I've looked on autotrader for the past hour,nothing for the proce range tickles my fancy,Lotus have got us by the balls....

Boxster spyder is the only possible option,with a pushback my end to the emira delivery. The only thing I can see keeping it's value in the interim...
I've gone back to looking at McLaren 12C as either a 6-12 month play or maybe a keeper if I can hold my nerve on maintenance/extended warranty. Have hankered after one for a while. Looked early last year but very few on the market and so got the Exige instead. A friend bought a 12C Spider at the same time and loves it.

Also now looking at Esprit S4S and Evora GT410 or GT430. Nothing that interests me in the £75-100k range with Porsche, Aston, Ferrari etc.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
It's about 12 hours of build from start to finish, so slightly longer than one day (10 hour shift) when production is running smoothly and efficiently.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Exactly this. The excitement has drained away into the ground, like a drought-stricken reservoir in a heatwave 🌞

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

Congrats. When was your original deposit? I assume you were previously Aug build and have no Homelink?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
From posts so far, it looks like Homelink is the contributing factor in this recent delay being 2 months rather than 1.

I'm surprised Lotus haven't given us the option to delete it and get the car a month earlier. I'd have thought losing £200 off the invoice value to get a £78k car delivered and paid for was worth asking people.

So far I've spotted 7 people with Sept build and (we assume) Oct delivery, which will be the first customer cars.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
…and topical, as we start a 4-day period of heatwave warnings and have hosepipe bans in parts of the country

60AFAB0E-3EAB-4877-BFDF-E877C57DD2A5.png