Anyone received their 30 day notification yet?

Lots_Of_Trouble

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I think a lot of people will be reflecting on things based on this news and possible concerns this may not be the last of the delays, despite what Lotus are saying in this email about their level of confidence. Seems a similar level of confidence to when senior Lotus people looked me in the eye at Goodwood and said they had a high level of confidence I'd get my car in September or possibly late August.

I'm wondering whether I'll really get the use of my Emira in November and over the winter, so maybe defer until the Spring and run the Evora as my weekend fun car on nice days.

Part of the excitement was getting one of the very early cars and it now looks like I'm pushed into Month 2. Still early but not what I'd hoped for when I demonstrated my faith and loyalty by putting a deposit down before the car even had a name.

I'd recommend everyone do what I'm doing, which is to think about what to do but not act in haste.
I'm thinking just this , Tom, the excitement which was once there has now almost gone,I'm seriously considering delaying myself now and having something else in between, they can work to my terms for once

Pav

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Was thinking the same,they can kiss my arse for it being locked in for production
Yes ‘firmly’ irked me. Even when they get round to communicating the words are a bit off. I still love the car but this is more corporate tosh IMO.

9FDD4005-0402-497E-BB8C-1BA0132A60B8.jpeg

CDM1855

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Could be that no one sees a car much before Christmas

But if they are tweaking the car and improving things, then it may be a blessing. It’s just a crappy time of the year to take possession of a sports car

Den

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Could be that no one sees a car much before Christmas

But if they are tweaking the car and improving things, then it may be a blessing. It’s just a crappy time of the year to take possession of a sports
I agree, but at least it’s tucked up in the garage ready for Spring or the odd blast on a crisp dry winters day 😃

Lots_Of_Trouble

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I've looked on autotrader for the past hour,nothing for the proce range tickles my fancy,Lotus have got us by the balls....

Boxster spyder is the only possible option,with a pushback my end to the emira delivery. The only thing I can see keeping it's value in the interim...

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I've looked on autotrader for the past hour,nothing for the proce range tickles my fancy,Lotus have got us by the balls....

Boxster spyder is the only possible option,with a pushback my end to the emira delivery. The only thing I can see keeping it's value in the interim...
I think there is loads for the money! But depends what you want. 911s, AMG GT, Aston, McLaren, Maserati, other Lotus.....

richbrown

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
View attachment 8035
I now have a vague "produced in 2023" whereas the last email stated October delivery. My initial deposit was on 15th July 2021. I've been pretty relaxed until now but to say I'm not impressed by this update would be an understatement.
Same as you 14/7/21 although I elected for a deferred build to spring 23. Last email said oct 22.

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
If people can still change spec for November builds or even have recently changed spec on cars with a September build then great for them but for those with an October build who were unexpectedly locked into a provisional spec at 2nd deposit time (now 12 months before build month) and then told they could not change it without incurring a significant delay it doesn’t come across

That’s the problem nothing else really floating my boat - as I certainly wouldn’t get a Porsche

Lots_Of_Trouble

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I think there is loads for the money! But depends what you want. 911s, AMG GT, Aston, McLaren, Maserati, other Lotus.....
The problem is I've had most of them 🤣
Ferrari is the one left to tick the box,Mclaren I'd love but avoiding like the plague with potential issues and costs.

Ideally I'd want something that would hold its value whilst being a toy for 6-9 months if I was to switch to an i4 delivery next year for example....

Again,will sleep on it,just sick of these delays and don't trust that this will be the last either

a.s_

Reaction score
I must say I'm surprised at the September emails - we received a bulletin email at work including the variations of emails being sent to customers (I.e. October, November & 2023). Was no mention of September ones at all 🤔

And sadly for me, no mention of any demonstrator arrivals either...

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
That’s the problem nothing else really floating my boat - as I certainly wouldn’t get a Porsche
Same here. Nothing else excited me...

The Aston Vantage is awesome and you can get the hardtop coupe with the 7 speed manual, but it's easily $50k more than the Emira FE and w/o many options.

Then there's the 3 pedal Supra coming out (or out already?) for like $40k less than the Emira FE and a ton of potential and aftermarket support.

Flashback

Reaction score
I'm also now November production, with locked in spec':

FAA97665-5F18-48BB-8C4F-A8D172C567EF.jpeg

Previous email (on 12th July) stated a delay from August to October:

5E2DD2F6-6732-445F-899B-C66FBF5F440A.jpeg

My original deposit was 11th July 21.

(No Tracker or Homelink, manual 'box.)

PhilCP

Reaction score
I must say I'm surprised at the September emails - we received a bulletin email at work including the variations of emails being sent to customers (I.e. October, November & 2023). Was no mention of September ones at all 🤔

And sadly for me, no mention of any demonstrator arrivals either...

To be fair my September confirmation doesn't say which year :D

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
The problem is I've had most of them 🤣
Ferrari is the one left to tick the box,Mclaren I'd love but avoiding like the plague with potential issues and costs.

Ideally I'd want something that would hold its value whilst being a toy for 6-9 months if I was to switch to an i4 delivery next year for example....

Again,will sleep on it,just sick of these delays and don't trust that this will be the last either

Do it!
The one saving grace for me is my impulse decision to buy the Ferrari. It has taken the place of the Emira for the joy factor. Bloody love it.

I would highly recommend any F430 - it is the one to make the next big move.
Coupe F1s are a similar price to the Emira - though I concede you need to have your eyes fully open.

I have a Ferrari related event booked in every weekend up to October!