Anyone received their 30 day notification yet?

freefall_junkie

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
. I actually feel a bit sorry for the scheduling team, I expect they’re about to get a lot of calls..
Yes I think they are going to get a load of calls from people wanting to defer until spring. Even if they would agree to this, which I doubt, the risk then would be that spring turns into summer or autumn next year. The supply chain issues could persist well into 2023 or even beyond.

PhilCP

Reaction score
Had my email confirming build in September.
Surprising as I made a spec change not too long ago that they said would push me back to 2023. Either it was a threat or the change hasn't been saved.
I'll need to contact CS and confirm my spec is correct.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Yes I think they are going to get a load of calls from people wanting to defer until spring. Even if they would agree to this, which I doubt, the risk then would be that spring turns into summer or autumn next year. The supply chain issues could persist well into 2023 or even beyond.
They won't allow that on an FE, but they should allow you to hold your position and default to a base.
Lots of hassle still! But if they don't do it then there will also be a lot of cancellations I'm sure.

scoates

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Got my email today as well, September production, no homelink or tracker so that might have something to do with some builds being pushed back another month?

I like at the end of the email it says "we will be in touch again very soon to confirm delivery details". Seems now there is another phrase to add to the "soon" and "next week" in the Lotus dictionary :ROFLMAO:

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Just swap it out for a Base car.
If they won't let us do that and be front of the queue for that model, then they aren't the Brand for me
Leonard yearh thinking 🤔 of this may be way to go - I think Lotus are going to get a lot of requests now as don’t think many UK customers fancy getting new car in winter 🥶 to sit in garage. We’re not getting them early so the appeal of being within the first deliveries is not there anymore. Are there any attractive buys on autotrader ……

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Just got a similar email.
Production in September. Not sure what that means for delivery.
I don't know, I'm in Edinburgh right now roasting is insane heat. Anything could happen, and it actually is!
What was your previous production month and your deposit date? Does your spec include auto gearbox, tracker or Homelink? Just wondering what's pushing some into Sept and some later into Oct.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Got my email and is October build now (order was 11th March 2021). :(
Anything in your spec that might be a factor, such as Homelink or tracker?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I got my email with "Your Emira is estimated to be produced in 2023 and we will confirm a production and delivery timing very early in the year". Last I heard from Customer Services was December build and January delivery.
Was that a V6 or i4?

duff

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
If people can still change spec for November builds or even have recently changed spec on cars with a September build then great for them but for those with an October build who were unexpectedly locked into a provisional spec at 2nd deposit time (now 12 months before build month) and then told they could not change it without incurring a significant delay it doesn’t come across well.

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I think a lot of people will be reflecting on things based on this news and possible concerns this may not be the last of the delays, despite what Lotus are saying in this email about their level of confidence. Seems a similar level of confidence to when senior Lotus people looked me in the eye at Goodwood and said they had a high level of confidence I'd get my car in September or possibly late August.

I'm wondering whether I'll really get the use of my Emira in November and over the winter, so maybe defer until the Spring and run the Evora as my weekend fun car on nice days.

Part of the excitement was getting one of the very early cars and it now looks like I'm pushed into Month 2. Still early but not what I'd hoped for when I demonstrated my faith and loyalty by putting a deposit down before the car even had a name.

I'd recommend everyone do what I'm doing, which is to think about what to do but not act in haste.
Tom pushing your delivery back is a massive risk as you would literally be rolling the dice and could end up with your car be delivered ridiculously late. Take the car while you can.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Tom realistically will Lotus let us defer our cars to Spring ? Let’s face it they not very accommodating. My enthusiasm for this car is well and truly waning driven by Lotus as a company how I have felt in this extremely long never ending journey. I will wait until test drive until I make any decisions but getting a car in winter doesn’t excite me at all. Mind you could ask to change brake calliper colour and I’ll be 2023 anyway 🤣
I'm not sure they will. A few months ago they'd said they'd let people defer from August to September to get the new registration but 3-4 months deferral is a different issue.

Part of the reason they were locking specs, telling people +6 months for any changes etc was to avoid loads of people making changes and them having to keep re-scheduling production. I'm guessing they'll be having a lot of calls to ask about this, so will need to make a clear statement.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
View attachment 8035
I now have a vague "produced in 2023" whereas the last email stated October delivery. My initial deposit was on 15th July 2021. I've been pretty relaxed until now but to say I'm not impressed by this update would be an understatement.
That seems to be a massive extra delay. Anything unusual about your spec - auto gearbox?

PhilCP

Reaction score
Had my email confirming build in September.
Surprising as I made a spec change not too long ago that they said would push me back to 2023. Either it was a threat or the change hasn't been saved.
I'll need to contact CS and confirm my spec is correct.

Mine has tracker, but no homelink.

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I’m no tracker no homelink but do have the autobox Oct build

Exige2000

Reaction score
I think a lot of people will be reflecting on things based on this news and possible concerns this may not be the last of the delays, despite what Lotus are saying in this email about their level of confidence. Seems a similar level of confidence to when senior Lotus people looked me in the eye at Goodwood and said they had a high level of confidence I'd get my car in September or possibly late August.

I'm wondering whether I'll really get the use of my Emira in November and over the winter, so maybe defer until the Spring and run the Evora as my weekend fun car on nice days.

Part of the excitement was getting one of the very early cars and it now looks like I'm pushed into Month 2. Still early but not what I'd hoped for when I demonstrated my faith and loyalty by putting a deposit down before the car even had a name.

I'd recommend everyone do what I'm doing, which is to think about what to do but not act in haste.

OP
J

jpizzle

Emira Fan
Reaction score

I agree, I wanted some summer driving so if possible might see if can defer until February/March

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Got my email today as well, September production, no homelink or tracker so that might have something to do with some builds being pushed back another month?

I like at the end of the email it says "we will be in touch again very soon to confirm delivery details". Seems now there is another phrase to add to the "soon" and "next week" in the Lotus dictionary :ROFLMAO:
I dont get this....
IF that is the case these parts are minor! Call the customers and give them the option!!!!