Anyone received their 30 day notification yet?

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Yes I literally canā€™t wait itā€™s been a long old wait and I havenā€™t had a manual car for years and years. Really hoping car is great Fun as she has big shoes to fill - she needs to drive as good as she looks, as really donā€™t what I would then get if she doesnā€™t hit the mark ( as donā€™t want to be spending an arm and a leg as car will be purely for w/e toy. But she sounds good so that one tick in the box. Canā€™t wait to get a test drive.
I am sure it will be fun. I had a test drive in a Evors 400 sometime ago and was very impressed. Obviously Emira has same engine. Hopefully test drive will be sometime this month. Having my test drive at Lotus Silverstone. I have got some fun local roads to play on with my Emira. Are there good roads in your neck of the woods?

Maurice R

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Nope šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚
EDABAF8F-0F5A-4EF3-9ADE-C737A980B354.jpeg

Parked it next the Evora šŸ˜‚

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
The first post of yours I recall was this one in this thread, where I noticed you'd just joined the forum about 60 days ago:

View attachment 7921

I actually do like British humor, which is usually subtle, dry and understated, but referring to Matt Windle as arrogant and incompetent didn't come across as humorous to me, which is partly what prompted my comments.

Thank you for the compliments with regards to my renderings, and other posts of mine. I read a lot and didn't recall your first posts.

As for approach, I'm not opposed to criticism, but I much prefer constructive criticism. With regards to what's going on at Lotus, we really don't know a whole lot because they aren't saying a whole lot, and all indications are they're not going to say a whole lot. It's their choice and right to be this way if that's what they choose. It's not what I would choose, and I'd hazard most in this forum wouldn't choose this approach either, but that's where we're at. It's been mentioned ad infinitum ad nauseam in here, so I'm quite sure they know how we feel. Continuing to go on about it, and insulting the people at Lotus I feel is counter-productive.

None of us know what it's like to be in Matt's shoes right now, or any of the other people in charge of things, or what they might be having to deal with from execs at Geely. I want Lotus to succeed, so my desire is to try and improve morale there instead of beating it down.

There's another issue at play here, and that's the forum itself. Whenever I log on, I've noticed there's usually a handful of members signed in, and at least 3 times as many 'guests', and sometimes there's even more than that. There are thousands of deposits in, and since this forum is the most active and best for activity about the Emira, it looks like a lot of people who are not forum members access and read the forum. What kind of an impact does some of the nastiness have, on whether or not people might like to join? How many people might be thinking of joining, but hesitate because of some of the aggression on display in here? For example, I make a post calling for civility and being classy, and E33MIRA pretends he's unblocked me long enough so he can volunteer to be the poster child for classless incivility. It doesn't bother me, but I wonder how it might affect potential new members. There may be people who would like to join and ask questions, but are afraid to because they think they might be attacked. Being civil and classy, even if we're criticizing, has absolutely no down-side.

Just as an example, you placed a deposit last year in July, but it took you until May 31 of this year to join the forum, and you stated that you had been viewing and reading it for some time. There has to be a lot of people like you who're doing the same thing, but haven't joined yet. It would be nice if they'd join and participate. We have some very talented people in here; there's no telling who might join if things were friendly. We've had a few Lotus employees join, identify themselves as employees, make a few posts then go silent. Why did they stop posting? Were they asked to stop by Lotus management, or did they see some of the hostility and decide maybe it was better if they didn't participate.

My request is that we who are the frequent commenters, do our best to keep things civil and classy. so we can encourage some of those many guests who are just watching to join the forum. By and large we've been doing pretty good until the last few months of frustrations caused by the delays.

Agreed on not having a fall out, and I assure you, if I were intending to censor or bully someone, they'd know it lol.

Maybe we can start a thread about what we're looking forward to the most in getting our cars (besides just getting them in the first place lol). Let's try and talk about something positive instead of dwelling on the frustrations of the delays and lack of definitive information about that. Vehicle manufacturers everywhere are having these same problems, so if we can just be patient, that will be less stressful I think. When Matt said in his video that Lotus would hold to the original pricing our deposits and orders were based on, that's a pretty good statement that Lotus does care about us, because I can imagine there was quite a conversation between Matt and Geely about the cost of doing that. Considering how bad inflation is right now, that's a pretty good commitment.

I won't be getting a test drive (my dealer is 500 miles away). I'm just looking forward to my car being delivered (I'm having it delivered by covered carrier). That will be the first time I see an actual Emira, and the first time I get to sit in and drive one; and it will be mine. I'm greatly looking forward to the first few owners getting their cars, and reading about their impressions and experience.

So you're trying to encourage people to join. But take aim at someone whose opinions you disagree with and specifically reference their low post count and being a recent joiner, implying that makes their posts less valid? Seems kind of unwelcoming.

You tell people not to express opinions criticising Lotus unless it's constructive, because poor old Lotus is having a tough time and we should cut them some slack? I think customers expressing their frustrations at how they feel they're being treated is fine on a forum. If it goes on ad infinitum that's because Lotus has failed to meet those customers' expectations. That's not a small minority, is a recurring theme across this and every other Lotus forum and Facebook group. But you think we shouldn't talk about it because it's somehow unfair to the Lotus people who are actually responsible for this situation? It's their job to manage this and yes, some of it is very difficult due to external factors - but there's a stack of stuff they can control, including comms to customers.

They've been told about customer concerns multiple times (you wrote to Matt - did you get a reply?) and despite saying they are taking action to improve customer service, literally nothing has changed. You're trying to defend the indefensible - supply chain issues we can all appreciate, but the fundamental issues are about how that is being handled by Lotus. Suggesting that we shut up, live with it, go away and come back when cars are ready and then be grateful for the opportunity to receive a car is completely back to front thinking.

By and large the discussions on here are friendly, considered and well-reasoned (and sometimes funny or sarcastic). Recently there's been an understandable increase in the level of frustration, because Lotus has left a massive comms vacuum and failed to deliver on promises made regarding updates. The delays to cars we can all understand; the delays to comms we're much less sympathetic about.

Suggesting things have deteriorated on here and that somehow people are put off joining by citing a couple of outlier examples is disingenuous. The admins on here do a great job behind the scenes to deal with the problem posts and people, largely without anyone realising. What they don't do is police the tone of the discussion. That's not for you to do either. Everyone who has registered can post on here and can post what they like, within the (fairly broad) forum rules. If some posts tick you off, you can scroll past or reply, but you don't get to censor what people post or tell them what they can and can't say. If people have chosen to lurk as a guest for whatever reason that's fine and up to them. If they subsequently register and participate, then we welcome them unreservedly into the forum membership.

You and anyone else can start a thread about topics you feel are more positive. This thread (barring a few tangents) is about the 30 day notification and the closely-related lack of comms from Lotus. It's pretty damning that it's 39 pages long and has had 768 replies and 40,000 views ... but no one has yet had the promised delivery date update or 30 day notification.

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I am sure it will be fun. I had a test drive in a Evors 400 sometime ago and was very impressed. Obviously Emira has same engine. Hopefully test drive will be sometime this month. Having my test drive at Lotus Silverstone. I have got some fun local roads to play on with my Emira. Are there good roads in your neck of the woods?
Iā€™m Durham so unfortunately donā€™t have a Lotus dealer anywhere near me, Iā€™ve have to travel to Glasgow or Leeds. I am travelling with work next week and will no so close to Colchester as was hoping to do test drive then as will save me a 5-6 hr round trip but alas demos delayed. When I did speak to a dealer was not lovin some of the things he was saying with regard to test rides he said Lotus say they have to strictly keep to a designated route and few other things giving me impression itā€™s going full of rules which will spoil test ride to fullest

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
View attachment 7944
Parked it next the Evora šŸ˜‚
Your Evora looks a lovely colour are you trading her for the Emira - wonder how much difference Evora owners will feel with the Emira. - is it not a big wedge of šŸ’°for not a massive difference/ gain . Itā€™s my first Lotus purchase and I havenā€™t ridden an Evora - just curious šŸ§ I saw a 22 plate Evora with <2k miles for Ā£65k is the Emira worth extra Ā£15k ?

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Iā€™m Durham so unfortunately donā€™t have a Lotus dealer anywhere near me, Iā€™ve have to travel to Glasgow or Leeds. I am travelling with work next week and will no so close to Colchester as was hoping to do test drive then as will save me a 5-6 hr round trip but alas demos delayed. When I did speak to a dealer was not lovin some of the things he was saying with regard to test rides he said Lotus say they have to strictly keep to a designated route and few other things giving me impression itā€™s going full of rules which will spoil test ride to fullest
Thet is a bit of a drive to a dealer for you. Lotus Silverstone is 95 miles from me, so not exactly that local for me. I am on the list for a test drive as i am a first batch deposit holder. So hopefully not to long now. I am only using Emira as a fun/track car as i have a runabout car for the more mundane chores. Looking to do a track day as soon as i can with Lotus On Track. But will spend i think the first few months taking friends and family out in it.

Magma

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Nice, but considering how much detail you put into describing little Johnny, I wonder if that's who you identify with; who of course does NOT like to be disciplined in any way, shape or manner.

Quite often, the only difference between civil and hooligan is discipline, or the lack thereof. There are a lot of things we have no control over in our lives, but there are two things we all do have control over; our attitude and behavior. Choose wisely.
Lol...you are kidding me right? I RARELY post anything anymore. But I do keep up with the comments. Which I have to say have gotten quite tiring and repetitive at this point....

Your posts have always been in blind defense of Lotus, who can do no wrong and always has something to blame and they're trying their hardest with what they have and demand is so high, blah blah blah. It seems very odd after a year. Even TomE, who probably knows more than any of us has revealed his frustrations from time to time.

But carry on...

Maurice R

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Will the Emira replace the Evora, or are you keeping the Evora?
Going to keep both. That was not my intention when I bought the Evora GT
But for me personally it is an incredible handling car. Old school. Every time I take out on back roads I like it better than the last time
Just hope the Emira will be as much fun to drive at the limit

Maurice R

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Your Evora looks a lovely colour are you trading her for the Emira - wonder how much difference Evora owners will feel with the Emira. - is it not a big wedge of šŸ’°for not a massive difference/ gain . Itā€™s my first Lotus purchase and I havenā€™t ridden an Evora - just curious šŸ§ I saw a 22 plate Evora with <2k miles for Ā£65k is the Emira worth extra Ā£15k ?
Thank you. Not going to trade it. Keeping both. The Evora for and the way I like to drive is a great car. Basic analog no bells and whistles.
The Emira is imo bring Lotus into making a car that is more appealing to a lot more people. But I hope and think it willbe a great car. You will love it
Wife want to kill me as she says I have too many cars. Lol. So just bought her new this week

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Going to keep both. That was not my intention when I bought the Evora GT
But for me personally it is an incredible handling car. Old school. Every time I take out on back roads I like it better than the last time
Just hope the Emira will be as much fun to drive at the limit
Yes, i have seen many positive reviews of the Evora GT on YouTube. No wonder you want to keep it. I had a S2 Elise 111S and am looking forward to the arrival of the Emira.

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Thank you. Not going to trade it. Keeping both. The Evora for and the way I like to drive is a great car. Basic analog no bells and whistles.
The Emira is imo bring Lotus into making a car that is more appealing to a lot more people. But I hope and think it willbe a great car. You will love it
Wife want to kill me as she says I have too many cars. Lol. So just bought her new this week
I didn't think it was possible to have to nany cars.

Maurice R

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I didn't think it was possible to have to nany cars.
Agree but wife does not. She will come around. Think sheā€™s not happy only because she cannot drive a manual transmission. Not going to teach her as she will then make it hers šŸ˜‚

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Agree but wife does not. She will come around. Think sheā€™s not happy only because she cannot drive a manual transmission. Not going to teach her as she will then make it hers šŸ˜‚
I like your thinking. Then you have Emira all to yourself.šŸ¤£

NickR

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Except they haven't taken this approach. They told people at various stages over the last 12 months they'd provide different types of info and various updates. Then utterly failed to do what they promised. Repeatedly. Last autumn, before Christmas, in January, March, June and every week of the last 7 weeks.

If they'd just stayed silent we'd have shrugged and got on with other things. If they'd said we'll update you every 8 weeks and then done so, we've have been fine. But instead we get bait and switch. And inside Lotus there are people at various stages of frustration and annoyance because they want to tell customers more, but aren't being given the info or are being kept out of the loop. Customer Care have been trying to get an email out to UK Batch 1 for 5 weeks now, but it keeps being re-reviewed by "the factory".

Some of the situation is due to Covid, Russia/Ukraine, supply chains etc. But a far larger part is entirely due to Lotus and their chosen approach.
Didn't I read somewhere that Lotus have been on shut down for the last few weeks which I guess is why no communication has come from the factory?
Lotus comms is of course shocking but it might be a reason for total inactivity recently