• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Anyone received their 30 day notification yet?

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The thing is if they don’t know when just say we don’t know when, I can sort of live with that. They can give us the issues, supply, shipping, type approval and so on.

My issue is this…..
July 10th 2022 an early Saturday Morning.
Deposit day, so when do you think I will get my Emira?

April/May time sir
Then
End of June
Then
July build august delivery
Then
August build September delivery
Then the latest one
October build November delivery

None of the above is an exaggeration and if I’m honest I’m pretty sure in my head I won’t get a car in November either :-(

Lotus really need to learn from this as this car has been one of the cars I’ve been most excited about and it’s turning into a really bad experience.

I have an Eletre on order and I’m definitely interested in the Type 135 but Lotus really need to up their game.

So Lotus here this…. Delays excepted but not your not your continuous inaccurate build delivery dates.
Those time frames may have been the ones they were being given by the suppliers they were waiting on. If Lotus learns anything from this, it would be to have more than one supplier for critical parts if possible.

If this were a manufacturing issue due to their performance at the factory, you'd be right about Lotus needing to up their game, but in this case it's not them. They're ready; they just can't get reliable delivery of parts. I'm sure Lotus is learning all kinds of things through all of this. Hopefully the bottlenecks will open up soon and they can get the production line moving.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I **Think** I am number 10 on the build line so I'll let you know when I get a call.
Based on previous experience, people with pre-reveal dealer deposits won’t be called first!

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
With my "current" (not been informed otherwise) July build/August delivery, I was hoping to get a 22 plate so that when I come to sell it in 50 or so years time the 22 plate will certify it was one of the first few hundred on the road!
I was thinking that my Emira would be a 72 plate, given that I have been told August build for September delivery. Still, disappointed I am not getting it this month as originally quoted. 😪

Exige2000

Reaction score
Has any body recieved the 30 day before delivery call yet ?
Just like everyone I was hoping for to collect my Emira in June / July given my deposit date ( 7-7-21 ) , I am currently enjoying my S1 Elise and have now excepted it will be more like Aug/Sept/Oct before I collect the car I have decided to just be patient . not my normal default position !!!!!!

Newnameneeded

Reaction score
Had an update call yesterday, ONLY because they'd seen a post of mine, tagging Matt Windle, expressing my disappointment with the lack of updates.

Mine was originally a June delivery that I'd been informed in April would be a July car.

Advised now it will be a September build for October delivery.

He did say they were struggling to get updates from Lotus (clearly haven't had access to the information that had been available at Goodwood).

He name dropped Goodwood a few times as though the expectation from Lotus was that if you wanted an update on your car it was perfectly logical that you would have asked there.

He also said that my delivery period included both manual and automatic cars and in his view there didn't appear to be the significant delays to autos that we've seen rumoured.

He suggested opting for factory collection may cause delays as it has been a very popular choice and they are limited to how many handovers they can do each day. If you want your car as soon as possible he advised dealer/home delivery.

He expected test drives to be available to allow customers with the earliest deliveries to have a test drive before taking delivery.

OP
J

jpizzle

Emira Fan
Reaction score
CS have confirmed this morning my July build/August delivery has now been moved to October delivery. Even though expected it is gutting, I just hope for some semi-decent UK Autumn weather before the Winter sets in!

freefall_junkie

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
CS have confirmed this morning my July build/August delivery has now been moved to October delivery. Even though expected it is gutting, I just hope for some semi-decent UK Autumn weather before the Winter sets in!
Curious to know if they called you or if you contacted them? We have been told an update for the June/July batch was imminent for a while now.

roundincircles

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
The Mclaren dealers in the UK have no idea when deliveries or demos of the Artura will start.......orders started 18 months ago iirc. They are tearing their hair out as most long-term customers will not commit to ordering without a test drive due to the non-hydraulic suspension.

At least Lotus is now confirming the delivery month.

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
You can imagine the corresponding financial pressure that some dealers are currently under: Delayed deliveries = no cash flow from new car sales. Unless they are brand diversified this will be a tough time for them too.

EM33RA

Emira Fan
Reaction score
You can imagine the corresponding financial pressure that some dealers are currently under: Delayed deliveries = no cash flow from new car sales. Unless they are brand diversified this will be a tough time for them too.
I walked into an Audi dealer today, actually the biggest in Australia. The GM was tearing her hair out, saying almost no cars to sell. A whole business/team to run, Interest rates have gone through the roof, so when cars arrive customers simply will not upgrade mostly due to interest rates moving from circa 3% to 6.5% currently, and set to rise 3 times over again this year.

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I walked into an Audi dealer today, actually the biggest in Australia. The GM was tearing her hair out, saying almost no cars to sell. A whole business/team to run, Interest rates have gone through the roof, so when cars arrive customers simply will not upgrade mostly due to interest rates moving from circa 3% to 6.5% currently, and set to rise 3 times over again this year.
Wish i could dump some money into an Australian savings back at 6.5%

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I rang CS today as hadn’t had a call so I’m August for September delivery ( originally June for July h/o ) They would not tell me circa my no. as they said they are not allowed as I don’t know when I am as I took a cancellation. I sold my car when I had a good offer and so I’ve been car less for a year now ! at this rate maybe 🤔 I shouldn’t even bother getting another car 🚗 at all, it’s been that long……….😞

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Sad reading all around.
It seems FE now means Frustrating Edition.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com

Latest posts