Staff member
Reaction score
Imagine this version of the M139 in a hot Emira

Sounds like fun! I like the seats too.

blobid8.jpg

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I have never driven an ICE EV Hybrid. I would love to drive this. Seems like a great car.

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score

Yea, imagine is about all we can do... unfortunately...

The M139 isn't really producing 680HP here. The engine is "only" producing 476, and even that is due to the inclusion of a 48V electric-assisted turbo. The Emira will never get that.

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
I have never driven an ICE EV Hybrid. I would love to drive this. Seems like a great car.

Yea, it's an exceptionally well-engineered design. The new 4-cylinder hybrid C63 sedan was my planned next purchase until I learned about the Emira.

krist

Reaction score
as much as I would love this to be great I doubt it will. Drove a Porsche e hybrid recently, supposedly 450PS, in reality not that fast, and 10l/100km in really gentle country driving is not that great either. Turned out not to be what I expected, most drawbacks, with really small benefits. Fortunately was my mates car, and yeah, he's selling it after less than a year of ownership ;)

Pops68

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Ehhh, great engineering, great performance, nice interior but if you look at any Mercedes wagon it will be dated in just a few years. Not to mention the depreciation. Hard pass for me.

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score

To your original post. An Emira with a 450HP I4 would IMO be the best version of the car. The manual would make it close but I would have to do the I4. It's great to think about this as always. I am not including the Hybrid part.

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Yea, it's an exceptionally well-engineered design. The new 4-cylinder hybrid C63 sedan was my planned next purchase until I learned about the Emira.

Were you going to daily drive it?

OP
M

Matthaus

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Yea, imagine is about all we can do... unfortunately...

The M139 isn't really producing 680HP here. The engine is "only" producing 476, and even that is due to the inclusion of a 48V electric-assisted turbo. The Emira will never get that.

I'd take it at 476 in the Emira!

Reactions: ADC

KusaKusa

Reaction score
Like Nova is saying, the Emira won't be getting a lot of tech and performance in the Mercedes C43 or C63. The C63 achieves 476 HP with its electric turbo, which is actually bigger than the one in the C43 since it can utilize the 400V battery. I wouldn't be surprised if the engine and turbo combo are tuned in the C63 for more peak power and high boost since they don't have to worry about responsiveness with the electric motor, similar to what's done with the current gen Honda NSX. The C43 electric turbo uses the 48V mild hybrid system. And both engines are longitudinally mounted vs transverse mounted like the A45 and Emira, so there could be packaging limitations in putting the electric turbos into the Emira.

OP
M

Matthaus

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Like Nova is saying, the Emira won't be getting a lot of tech and performance in the Mercedes C43 or C63. The C63 achieves 476 HP with its electric turbo, which is actually bigger than the one in the C43 since it can utilize the 400V battery. I wouldn't be surprised if the engine and turbo combo are tuned in the C63 for more peak power and high boost since they don't have to worry about responsiveness with the electric motor, similar to what's done with the current gen Honda NSX. The C43 electric turbo uses the 48V mild hybrid system. And both engines are longitudinally mounted vs transverse mounted like the A45 and Emira, so there could be packaging limitations in putting the electric turbos into the Emira.

Maybe they don't let us open the bonnet for future upgrade considerations plenty of room in there for a big battery ;)

Tommyboy1986

Emira Fan
Reaction score
To your original post. An Emira with a 450HP I4 would IMO be the best version of the car. The manual would make it close but I would have to do the I4. It's great to think about this as always. I am not including the Hybrid part.
Of that power output was standard in the i4 I would of opted for it , still would never spec a manual car have no idea what it’s all about but if we was all the same we would
Be boring 👌🏽

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I'd take it at 476 in the Emira!
The point is it can't even get 476hp without the battery and electrical system to back it up.

The battery and electrical system powers both the extra drive unit AND the electrically assisted turbocharger.

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Were you going to daily drive it?

Yea absolutely. This would have been my daily driver, just as the Emira is going to be. It would have been a little sleepy for my tastes but the promise of 650+HP and the ability to drive for some miles with up to 200HP electric motor only would have given me some entertainment.

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score

Hmm, I moved away from studying the C63 after I became aware of the Emira. At that time it wasn't revealed what type of transmission it would have. I was shocked to read your post that the engine would be longitudinally oriented since we know that the M139 together with the 8G-DCT was designed for transverse orientation. Looks like it will be using a 9 Speed MCT like the big GT 4Door, instead of the 8-speed DCT. Makes sense since the GT 4Door also has a similar hybrid drivetrain available together with the M256 engine.

A truly attractive design. Makes me wonder if I shouldn't try to talk my wife into replacing her daily with one of these... :ROFLMAO: