Porsche announces new manual 911 T, looking pretty comparable to Emira (sub 100k before options)

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Why the 992.2 over the t?
I wanted the updated face lift model 992.2 that is released the end of this year, the current T will be the old shape come 2024 so went for the S model which has more power and I think it will come out before the face lift T. I could be wrong so it is a bit of a guessing game.

The problem with Porsche is if you decide to change model you go straight to the back of the queue.

Current queue time an average of 18 months.

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
I wanted the updated face lift model 992.2 that is released the end of this year, the current T will be the old shape come 2024 so went for the S model which has more power and I think it will come out before the face lift T. I could be wrong so it is a bit of a guessing game.

The problem with Porsche is if you decide to change model you go straight to the back of the queue.

Current queue time an average of 18 months.
I like the current generation with the front design bumper (the standard one is kind of lame). I drive a Base and concluded it was really sufficient power for me. I'm thinking about the T. My dealer says I can order and get it by fall...sounds optimistic.

~el~jefe~

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I wonder how long the 911 T will be available. IF this emira thing falls through, I would want to order a T. I would get a fast allocation as well as I just bought a severely optioned Boxster T from the sales guy.

Balboa

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I put an deposit on a Carrera T in Oct 22 as a hedge. They said 1-2 year wait. I placed my Emira deposit in Oct 2021. We'll see which one shows first- Id be happy with either at this point

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Here in the UK all build slots for the T are taken so any deposits put down for the T from now on go on to the 992.2 version, that could be well over 2/3 years away. Thats why I switched my T order to an S so hoping for a Q3/Q4 2024 delivery.

New to Lotus

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Wonder how many t models are coming to the UK if sold out all allocations in a couple of months. Only 160 991.2 models were delivered in the 🇬🇧.

Concept24

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
If you don't care about looks.........

Really, 911s and variants are a dime a dozen in Southern California. You could park one anywhere and not get any comments about the car. I know because I rented a 911 4S Cabriolet for 24 hours and took it everywhere. Teslas are similar in that they blend in. Sometimes, that's a good thing. It may be like a movie star in disguise - a wealthy, talented person whom no one recognizes as such.