AMG Emira now summer 2024?

Interesting / farcical if true

Must admit I'm a little out the loop.. My deposit was day after reveal on 7/7/21 and after learning a year ago it would be summer 2023 for the AMG I bailed

Given it was early to place a deposit would it really have ended up summer 2024?!

Yes it's pretty.. but cmon Lotus you're supposed to be taking people like me away from Ze Germans and you've f*cked this so badly

PsymonR

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Interesting / farcical if true

Must admit I'm a little out the loop.. My deposit was day after reveal on 7/7/21 and after learning a year ago it would be summer 2023 for the AMG I bailed

Given it was early to place a deposit would it really have ended up summer 2024?!

Yes it's pretty.. but cmon Lotus you're supposed to be taking people like me away from Ze Germans and you've f*cked this so badly

It's been well discussed on the race to the first I4 thread.

The interesting point to me in that article is that it says all in the UK with orders should have been contacted, well that's definitely not true, I haven't heard anything from Lotus yet...

Martylemoo

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

The interesting point to me in that article is that it says all in the UK with orders should have been contacted, well that's definitely not true, I haven't heard anything from Lotus yet...
I have not heard a thing either, although they have processed my refund today so that’s it for new I4. Maybe I will px the V6 when it eventually lands.

Cutting42

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score

Me neither, and this process has nearly pushed me over the edge

gdotp

Reaction score
I’ve not been contacted either. I’m a July ‘21 deposit holder with my final order locked in and lotus holding 5k of my cash. Customer service is way beyond poor with lotus and I’m now seriously considering a year old 911 instead.

Medic518

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Not only have I not been contacted, but I accidentally notified my dealer as the the GM was out of town and not on the "big" US Dealers/Lotus call where they dropped that little nugget - but for us in the US the schedule has moved to 2025.

Bear Dalton

Reaction score
Yes, they expect CARB compliance to go through early (January) 2025.

We wanted to share an important update on your Emira i4 and thank you for your patience as we process your delivery. Please be aware that we are doing everything we can to get the keys in your hands as soon as possible.

Lotus, like many others, was affected by global supply chain constraints, which impacted manufacturing in the UK. As a result, we’ve had knock on effects on our vehicle program and delivery timelines for the Emira four-cylinder variant.

Certain checks and certifications must be finalized before the keys can be handed over to you. Significant progress has been achieved, and we anticipate commencing the delivery of Emira i4 to customers in early 2025.

Medic518

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Yes, they expect CARB compliance to go through early (January) 2025.

We wanted to share an important update on your Emira i4 and thank you for your patience as we process your delivery. Please be aware that we are doing everything we can to get the keys in your hands as soon as possible.

Lotus, like many others, was affected by global supply chain constraints, which impacted manufacturing in the UK. As a result, we’ve had knock on effects on our vehicle program and delivery timelines for the Emira four-cylinder variant.

Certain checks and certifications must be finalized before the keys can be handed over to you. Significant progress has been achieved, and we anticipate commencing the delivery of Emira i4 to customers in early 2025.
Yep, got the same.. Funny others have mentioned a "gift" and a "no gift" version. Guess I should expect a gift?

Attachments

• EmiraUpdate.jpg
    EmiraUpdate.jpg
    221.5 KB · Views: 51