Emira i4 AMG 2.0 Videos on Chinese Track

yohc88

Reaction score
All signs point to this video being a real i4, the ADAS sensor pod can clearly be seen. I think it sounds better than it did at Goodwood FOS

Google Translate is your friend ....

1690203639615.png

Last edited:
OP
yohc88

yohc88

Reaction score
More pics of i4's arriving in China .... yellow TDC and stitching on the steering wheel looks good

820_Chtk3WSnvViABLufAAIVVkAl0fE235.jpg
820_Chxky2SnvVGAUqx3ABWf5MrJMvI372.jpg

1690205364434.png

Last edited:

JimH

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The car in the video I would put money on not being an i4. Manual gear change...
I had to use a VPN with a Chinese PoP to get the video to play (very slowly and jumpy), but that sounds like a DCT gearbox with auto-blip on down changes to me.... "Local" copy attached, with full credit to Autohome China.

The ADAS pod is shown in the video thumbnail but it's a shame there's no interior shot of the gearchange or steering wheel to fully confirm that it's an i4....

Last edited:

JClem

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I had to use a VPN with a Chinese PoP to get the video to play (very slowly and jumpy), but that sounds like a DCT gearbox with auto-blip on down changes to me....

The ADAS pod is shown in the video thumbnail but it's a shame there's no interior shot of the gearchange or steering wheel to fully confirm that it's an i4....
Agree about the auto blip on the downshifts but the up-shifts don't sound very DCT like. The DCT on my 2020 C43 were much faster than this

JimH

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Agree about the auto blip on the downshifts but the up-shifts don't sound very DCT like. The DCT on my 2020 C43 were much faster than this
Yes - I've had a few VAG DCT's that were quicker than that too - it could even be an Auto V6 in the video - it's a conundrum..... :ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
Yes I would agree with that being a manual.

My auto V6 upshifts way faster than that.

DaaS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Going by engine/exhaust sound alone, to my ears, it does not sound like the V6. There is no supercharger whine either.

CHEESE

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Maybe the I4 comes with a yet-to-be announced, "make people think I'm driving a manual" mode

Toomanyloti

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The upshifts are very clearly a manual -- if you bought a dct with upshifts that slow, get your money back.
oooh you beat me to it

Also too long legged between shifts. The DCT will be shifting up/down more regularly surely

'slow as balls' was part of my reply (whatever that actually means)

Toomanyloti

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Yes I would agree with that being a manual.

My auto V6 upshifts way faster than that.
so does mine and again with I4 having so many gears it would have shifted way more times or at least 1 maybe 2 gears?

Third to Fourth is a loooong way and the speed is really piling on.

I would say it was in second coming out of the turn and just got to fourth and quickly came out of the throttle

GlobalPilot777

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
im going to shanghai on saturday.. if you guys have any info for me to go see talk anyone from lotus more than happy to do that! Even will try to squeeze a test drive if the i4 is available

valentinewang

Reaction score
im going to shanghai on saturday.. if you guys have any info for me to go see talk anyone from lotus more than happy to do that! Even will try to squeeze a test drive if the i4 is available
Welcome to Shanghai, but no i4 could be test drive until right now, U could visit Lotus Centre in Pudong district, Very Modern.