• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

New member from UK - Emira on order

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Thanks yes I have looked there, and considering options.

I was told yesterday by 2 different Lotus CS staff no V6 delivery until 2026. One did say production would re-start end 2025. But neither knew anything certain. It could very well change backwards or forwards.
Personally I find it unbelievable that Lotus won't build V6 Emiras in the latter half of 2024 and all of 2025. That's 18 months of no V6 builds.

My bet is the reverse. Lotus will churn out as many V6 cars as they can across 2025 and into 2026 before Toyota stop making new V6 2GR-FE engines.

JimH

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Personally I find it unbelievable that Lotus won't build V6 Emiras in the latter half of 2024 and all of 2025. That's 18 months of no V6 builds.

My bet is the reverse. Lotus will churn out as many V6 cars as they can across 2025 and into 2026 before Toyota stop making new V6 2GR-FE engines.
No more V6's FOR THE UK MARKET until 2026 - other territories may differ.....

Beardedbradley

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
No more V6's FOR THE UK MARKET until 2026 - other territories may differ.....
Oh well looks like I won’t be parting with any money then, I was told twice by CS that final orders of First Edition V6 would be completed in 2025.

Speedy Emira

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Oh well looks like I won’t be parting with any money then, I was told twice by CS that final orders of First Edition V6 would be completed in 2025.
You can never believe anything they say because I was told V6 orders were stopping later this year.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Toyota sold the rights to manufacture the engines.

Beardedbradley

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
You can never believe anything they say because I was told V6 orders were stopping later this year.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Toyota sold the rights to manufacture the engines.
They may have already stopped for good who knows, customer service has been great for me personally but I feel they don’t know what’s happening. On two separate occasions they have told me Lotus is committed to completing the First Edition V6 orders in 2025 one stated it might be sooner