Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
we won't know 100% until the configurator is updatedSo whats happening to the V6 model for 2027? Does it stay the same or is it getting the refreshed look?
The rest of your comment depicts the opposite but fair critique.Got to give it to them, at least they're trying...
The rest of your comment depicts the opposite but fair critique.
No option for carbon fibre doors or rear quarter panels - damn!if it has a better bib, we need the part #
Did they add weight somewhere? It feels like the carbon hatch, titanium exhaust, and Li-ion battery should net savings of more than 25kg? The glass roof is optional so I'm assuming that wasn't part of their headline weight savings statement• 25kg lighter and 25kg more downforce than the Emira Turbo, with the Lightweight Handling Pack, and delivering 420PS, 500Nm and 0–62mph in 3.9 seconds.
2027 V6? Do you mean the Horse V6 Hybrid? That's not coming until 2028 is it?So whats happening to the V6 model for 2027? Does it stay the same or is it getting the refreshed look?
Did they add weight somewhere? It feels like the carbon hatch, titanium exhaust, and Li-ion battery should net savings of more than 25kg? The glass roof is optional so I'm assuming that wasn't part of their headline weight savings statement
Ngl, I don't think this is a hot take at all...I agree with you that the 420 Sport exists to offload the i4s they likely have committed to before the Horse transition, but I don't think it's an "oh shit" moment...My hot take...
This mirrors my thoughts as well. Will be awaiting the configurator update.After reading all the details, "my hot take" is the following...
The mark-up to what the base Turbo costs essentially covers the same amount we would spend to get all of the aftermarket crap that several of us have added (including a "light tune") yet we have it with a full factory warranty. So, for a much as we like to complain as Lotus owners, I actually think this is a deal when you consider you get it all straight from Lotus, warranty included and largely get to spec it as you want.
Now if they would just cut the green wire from the factory, man they would sell millions...
I get the sentiment but some of us got really good deals on our i4 Emiras, it's not as cut and dry as that unless people are out there really dropping essentially $30k on aftermarket aero bits and a tune (the difference i'd be paying for a 420 Sport over how much I got my FE with 1800 miles on it for).After reading all the details, "my hot take" is the following...
The mark-up to what the base Turbo costs essentially covers the same amount we would spend to get all of the aftermarket crap that several of us have added (including a "light tune") yet we have it with a full factory warranty. So, for a much as we like to complain as Lotus owners, I actually think this is a deal when you consider you get it all straight from Lotus, warranty included and largely get to spec it as you want.
Now if they would just cut the green wire from the factory, man they would sell millions...
As did I. In fact, I'm on my second i4 (don't ask about the first), both purchased new at ridiculous pricing (thanks to patience and relentless negotiation...). With that said, this will absolutely bring in some that were on the sideline given the advantages previously mentioned. In fact, true Lotus aficionados know that this is part of every Lotus product life cycle (release a tricked out version at the end). There's a whole population of Lotus enthusiasts that specifically wait for this at the end.I get the sentiment but some of us got really good deals on our i4 Emiras, it's not as cut and dry as that unless people are out there really dropping essentially $30k on aftermarket aero bits and a tune (the difference i'd be paying for a 420 Sport over how much I got my FE with 1800 miles on it for).
I agree they'll still move some but also, those 'aficionados' you're referring to are or were likely waiting for a manual 'Final' edition of an Emira, not a 420 Sport variant of the i4.As did I. In fact, I'm on my second i4 (don't ask about the first), both purchased new at ridiculous pricing (thanks to patience and relentless negotiation...). With that said, this will absolutely bring in some that were on the sideline given the advantages previously mentioned. In fact, true Lotus aficionados know that this is part of every Lotus product life cycle (release a tricked out version at the end). There's a whole population of Lotus enthusiasts that specifically wait for this at the end.
So yeah, I think they'll move a few...
So after checking all the details, I am a bit torn. In generell the car looks quiet good, but too busy. I like the louvre but hate the fenders and skirts, it just looks tacky, like they just slaped on some aftermarket parts, the more the better… and it is absolutely beyond me that lotus is selling the 420 Sport without a proper seat option.
In the end, i can sleep well and take delivery of my V6 SE manual tomorrow, cant wait!