420 Sport officially teased on social media, full reveal on 26 May 2026

1000047578.webp
1000047582.webp
1000047584.webp
1000047586.webp
1000047588.webp
1000047592.webp
 

Attachments

  • 1000047580.webp
    1000047580.webp
    44.2 KB · Views: 221
Unfortunately EU regulations have killed any chance of a higher performance V6. The V6 manual was barely passing emissions in 2024. I wish the US was a bigger market share so we could get a higher performance model in the US since emissions aren’t as stringent here, but that is unfortunately not the case and doesn’t make financial sense for Lotus. Which is also why we’re getting a new powertrain in the next few years.
I'm not an expert but I have looked at Euro7. From what I can tell I think existing powertrains have an exemption for a couple years.
 
I'm not an expert but I have looked at Euro7. From what I can tell I think existing powertrains have an exemption for a couple years.
Right, but why would you spend R&D on a powertrain with current exception that can only stay a few more years? They’re going to focus it on the replacement so they can keep selling beyond a few years from now, especially with their hard pivot out of EVs. They don’t have a replacement now that they originally did.
 
Dealer in Europe just confirmed to me that the 420 Sport is only available with the i4
This makes perfect sense, they're likely trying to offload as many i4 AMG engines as possible with what they have left before a full shift to the Horse engine for next year...the V6 is the lion's share of Emira sales so they probably a) don't have as many Toyota engines lying around and b) it's far less cost and effort to tune the i4 + add trim + add huge markup while clearing inventory as opposed to having to do additional testing/work with the V6.

I'm not at all tempted to 'upgrade' to another variant of the i4 Emira before the Horse Hybrid 2nd generation engine most likely, but I would be jealous of the front fender vents if they actually look good, lol (though I suppose I can just have it done third party next year when the warranty is out on my FE).
 
Right, but why would you spend R&D on a powertrain with current exception that can only stay a few more years? They’re going to focus it on the replacement so they can keep selling beyond a few years from now, especially with their hard pivot out of EVs. They don’t have a replacement now that they originally did.
You could say that about either engine. It looks like they're both going away.
 
From my sources only AMG 4 cylinder is available for the Emira. Toyota V6 is being phased out. Type 135 will get the new hybrid V8 from Horse but Emira will not get a new powertrain.
 
Its already confirmed by lotus that Emira gets the hotse v6🤷🏻‍♂️
 
Can't tell if the terrible front wing vents are optional or just missing in some pics?

I like the rest of it but not those, very tacky
 
1779790344505.webp


I like the rear lip spoiler and the front splitter but the side sills, intake scoop and the front fender/wheel vents are a pass for me.

The stock side sill/skirt is already perfect imo, the intake scoop is a bit too Corvette-y and stock actually looks a lot better with the car's natural lines/curves standing out as opposed to a scoop muting the curves and grabbing the attention and the front wheel vents are larger and much closer to the headlights than what I would have preferred, it just looks odd.

I'd love to see one in person and have a more informed opinion but these extra trim enhancements look like afterthoughts because they are, lol. Very similar to a number of third party options available already.
 
that looks great! I'm really digging all the new aero pieces, I may be the outlier here, but those side skirts are fantastic, and the side scoops are nice, reminiscent of the exige side scoops (and added elise side scoops that you guys dont seem to mind at all), I've been wanting vented fenders on the emira for a while now, so now hopefully I can get the OEM parts and cut/install them myself.
 
Interesting for me would be prices for the carbon louvered tailgate and Lithium ion battery as these are OEM parts.
 
View attachment 82349

I like the rear lip spoiler and the front splitter but the side sills, intake scoop and the front fender/wheel vents are a pass for me.

The stock side sill/skirt is already perfect imo, the intake scoop is a bit too Corvette-y and stock actually looks a lot better with the car's natural lines/curves standing out as opposed to a scoop muting the curves and grabbing the attention and the front wheel vents are larger and much closer to the headlights than what I would have preferred, it just looks odd.

I'd love to see one in person and have a more informed opinion but these extra trim enhancements look like afterthoughts because they are, lol. Very similar to a number of third party options available already.
I love the side skirts. So much better than the current after market versions out there. Same with the front lip 👍 the vents on the wings are a hard no for me, as are the side air intake add ones. Not decided on the rear spoiler as yet. The colour is awesome though!! 👍👍👍
 
Interesting for me would be prices for the carbon louvered tailgate and Lithium ion battery as these are OEM parts.
same, I'm very interested, problem is the lithium battery might need a software upgrade (which older cars may never get) to charge properly, since the current i4 cars cannot use lithium batteries without being on a tender 24/7, otherwise I would have already swapped to one to drop weight.
 
same, I'm very interested, problem is the lithium battery might need a software upgrade (which older cars may never get) to charge properly, since the current i4 cars cannot use lithium batteries without being on a tender 24/7, otherwise I would have already swapped to one to drop weight.
This is my concern as well after reading the same thread(s) you're referencing.
 
+16bhp (they rounded up) and -25Kg (mostly from the battery swap) are pretty meaningless.
They claim 0.1s faster. In the real world you will never notice the performance difference.

The AMG engine is capable of so much more power. This is an almost pointless uplift just for bragging rights/sell a new model.
The CF parts that look like stick on Chinese accessories don't impress me either.

The highlights for me are actually the lowered adjustable dampers and (controversially) the sunroof!

This is apparently the first of a few special editions before the V6/AMG are replaced by the Chinese V8 Hybrid, and they will become the collectors edition versions of the Emira down the line. So there's some value in that.
 
It's all a bit 'try hard' for me and it all looks after market. The vents in wings look like a stick on carbon dummy vent from aliexpress, would it really have been that hard to cut them into the panel? The tailgate spoiler on the central lid only looks a little odd and unblended. Side skirts are okay, front chin spoiler equally okay but I wouldnt want it on mine due to the proximity to curbs and speed bumps. I'd be interested in teh louvred hatch and see how it blends into the black roof. The concern I had about the Jubu one was the contrast between the two body parts being a different colour.
 
The Multimatic dampers sound interesting. I am assuming they're software adjustable? In a similar vein it is a shame there are no pictures of the interior. The article mentions of a couple interior parts are made from CF on this new edition that make the geometries "more aggressive".

I am curious about how many of these parts can be retrofitted to the existing cars, though I imagine parts pricing will be bonkers.

EDIT: Just seen there's exactly 1 picture of the new interior bits, scratch the previous comment.🤦‍♂️
 

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Supporting Vendors View all →
Back
Top