420 Sport officially teased on social media, full reveal on 26 May 2026

1000047578.webp
1000047582.webp
1000047584.webp
1000047586.webp
1000047588.webp
1000047592.webp
 

Attachments

  • 1000047580.webp
    1000047580.webp
    44.2 KB · Views: 221
Good effort - and the removable roof panel is a cool add on for those that want it. I imagine the V6 Manual final edition will be the collector car w/ the removal roof panel. I have no doubt the multimatic suspension is going to be a huge difference in feel. I would consider upgrading if they include Evija seats in the final V6 Manual version which I am sure will come out next year. Unfortunately I don't see the point of buying a DCT - when the new powertrain coming will be no doubt much faster.
 
I get massive ick vibes from the hood scoops and side intakes, the rest of the car looks good. Love the spoilers and side skirts.

I do kinda wish I had that removable roof panel. That being said, it probably just adds another point of possible water entry and it is unlikely I would take it off often. Every time I go somewhere and park I like to fully close the car up so taking that panel in/out is unlikely and you need a place to store it
 
I get massive ick vibes from the hood scoops and side intakes, the rest of the car looks good. Love the spoilers and side skirts.

I do kinda wish I had that removable roof panel. That being said, it probably just adds another point of possible water entry and it is unlikely I would take it off often. Every time I go somewhere and park I like to fully close the car up so taking that panel in/out is unlikely and you need a place to store it
They said it can be stored behind the seats.
 
They said it can be stored behind the seats.
Good info, but when I go on trips with it I’m utilizing most of the storage pretty well so I’d probably still just keep the panel on. Knowing myself, I won’t want to bother with constantly removing and finagling it into that little storage area and vice versa. It sounds great to me, but I just know I won’t remove it all that much. Looks cool though!
 
Well... I love the color. Too bad it's exclusive to the 420. Unless it's an illusion, it looks like the calipers are also Tangelo Orange? Overall, looks-wise this looks like an "I want to be a Corvette C8" package. The torque rating of 500 nm will certainly make a difference though. The rear lip spoiler only being on the rear hatch looks a bit odd. I wish they'd added more to it on the sides to smooth it into the hip line of the rear fenders. I like the satin gray finish on the wheels. I think the extraction vents on top of the front fenders would have looked better in the body color. The Lithium battery and titanium exhaust is what a lot of us did as our first mods lol. I really like the new exhaust tips though. The rear louvered hatch looks interesting. I wonder how much better it is at extracting heat, especially at speed. The accents for all the interior stuff looks more sporty, not bad. I don't care for the removal roof panel, but that's just a personal preference. I actually like the new interior accents, definitely jazzes it up.

Screenshot 2026-05-26 at 7.07.37 AM.webp


As a complete package, it's actually not that bad if you want to look like a street racer. The get-up-and-go performance should be pretty good with 369 ft lbs (500 nm) of torque. Much better than the 308 ft lbs mine came with. It's good to see they didn't just tack on extras, but paid attention to drag and cooling.

Now is all this going to be worth $123k U.S.? Not to me, but I'm sure they'll sell some, especially for those who want to be seen as much if not more than just "for the drivers". I prefer a more under-the-radar street approach. One thing that's clear; for those of us that got our FE's at the original quoted price, we got a heck of a deal.

It's good to see them paying attention to what we've been doing to our cars as we've posted it on the forum. Add a much-improved customer interface with the company, and now we're talking.
 
It looks like they got CF seats in the pics. Is there any more info on this? I'd love to get these into mine
 
I get massive ick vibes from the hood scoops and side intakes, the rest of the car looks good. Love the spoilers and side skirts.

I do kinda wish I had that removable roof panel. That being said, it probably just adds another point of possible water entry and it is unlikely I would take it off often. Every time I go somewhere and park I like to fully close the car up so taking that panel in/out is unlikely and you need a place to store it
Agree 100%. I like an open roof every so often. But after skin cancer I tend in my other car really only to use it for venting, which i don't even know whether you can do with the Emira roof. Also -- is it only on black pack cars?
 
same, I'm very interested, problem is the lithium battery might need a software upgrade (which older cars may never get) to charge properly, since the current i4 cars cannot use lithium batteries without being on a tender 24/7, otherwise I would have already swapped to one to drop weight.
I'm glad a few of you quickly caught on to this. Current i4's can't run Lithium Ion batteries due to the proprietary AMG charging cycle. However, the 420 Sport obviously had this charging logic changed which means Lotus finally got access and tweaked it.

Now here's the scoop, I travel for work a lot and drive my car intermittently when I can. So, I use the trickle charger a lot. I recently noticed that the last time I used it for travel, it when "Green" (Fully Charged indicator) like within a couple of hours (normally it's like overnight, 8+ hours). I also recently had all of the software updates done (in the last 30 days). Yup, you guys know what I'm implying, we may in fact have the logic already as part of the last SW update.

If anyone has an i4 and has had all recent updates and has access to a lithium ion battery, I think it's time for an experiment. Let's face it, we all know an Anti-Gravity battery will be a lot less than any Lotus OEM Lithium Ion battery (if in fact the charging logic has in fact been updated).

@docron @Kaz You guys still have that lithium Ion lying around? Experiment time...
 
I think it looks super "busy". I love contrast but there are so many carbon bits that contrast the color of the car it looks a bit odd. I think in a darker color it would look better. Don't like the scoops over the air intakes which were a great looking part of the Emira design. I like removable roofs but I'd like to understand how that one works (just on or off or does it tilt). I had a C8Z06 and only took the roof off once; if it tilted I would have used it every day.

I like the interior bits but I have to wonder if you check all the boxes what the price will be.
 
Wonder when we can order one with a sunroof here in the US. I’ll be very curious on the price. Also in the UK configuration the V6 automatic was brought back. Wonder if it’ll return to the US. If so I may upgrade my 25 V6 auto.
 
Looks like they updated the steering wheel paddles. Hope they’re more tactile.
 
Fingers crossed for some backwards compatibility on parts. I'd take the hatch in carbon, side skirts and front lip in gloss black, plus the exhaust and leave the rest. Curious to know if future i4 updates will have the charging logic to support Li-ion batteries as I'd swap to an Anti-Gravity one if it didn't tie me to a trickle charger in perpetuity.

In some of the press release photos it looks like they opened up the two sides of the front bumper using mesh instead of the large gloss black piece in first editions. Do we think this is for brake cooling or is there a radiator behind that?
 
I'm glad a few of you quickly caught on to this. Current i4's can't run Lithium Ion batteries due to the proprietary AMG charging cycle. However, the 420 Sport obviously had this charging logic changed which means Lotus finally got access and tweaked it.

Now here's the scoop, I travel for work a lot and drive my car intermittently when I can. So, I use the trickle charger a lot. I recently noticed that the last time I used it for travel, it when "Green" (Fully Charged indicator) like within a couple of hours (normally it's like overnight, 8+ hours). I also recently had all of the software updates done (in the last 30 days). Yup, you guys know what I'm implying, we may in fact have the logic already as part of the last SW update.

If anyone has an i4 and has had all recent updates and has access to a lithium ion battery, I think it's time for an experiment. Let's face it, we all know an Anti-Gravity battery will be a lot less than any Lotus OEM Lithium Ion battery (if in fact the charging logic has in fact been updated).

@docron @Kaz You guys still have that lithium Ion lying around? Experiment time...
Does yours go that quickly to flashing green or solid green?

Mine goes to flashing green pretty quickly and it hasn't had an update since delivery late last year. It does take a while to get to solid green though. Taking it in for service in the next few weeks so will keep an eye out if any updates change the charging time!
 
I'm glad a few of you quickly caught on to this. Current i4's can't run Lithium Ion batteries due to the proprietary AMG charging cycle. However, the 420 Sport obviously had this charging logic changed which means Lotus finally got access and tweaked it.

Now here's the scoop, I travel for work a lot and drive my car intermittently when I can. So, I use the trickle charger a lot. I recently noticed that the last time I used it for travel, it when "Green" (Fully Charged indicator) like within a couple of hours (normally it's like overnight, 8+ hours). I also recently had all of the software updates done (in the last 30 days). Yup, you guys know what I'm implying, we may in fact have the logic already as part of the last SW update.

If anyone has an i4 and has had all recent updates and has access to a lithium ion battery, I think it's time for an experiment. Let's face it, we all know an Anti-Gravity battery will be a lot less than any Lotus OEM Lithium Ion battery (if in fact the charging logic has in fact been updated).

@docron @Kaz You guys still have that lithium Ion lying around? Experiment time...
I don't have it anymore but...I can keep an eye on the AGM charging logic. My antigravity charger is doing some weird things so waiting for a replacement then I will test with the current battery and see if it does the weird 70% thing still.

On the new 420, it looks awesome! OEM+ but it comes from the OEM, really cool.
 
As a complete package, it's actually not that bad if you want to look like a street racer. The get-up-and-go performance should be pretty good with 369 ft lbs (500 nm) of torque. Much better than the 308 ft lbs mine came with. It's good to see they didn't just tack on extras, but paid attention to drag and cooling.
We all already look like a street racer the Emira is a very unique "fast" looking car...with or without wings, canards, etc. Those are only things us car nerds even see. To 99.9999% of the population we are already driving a boy racer car :devilish:. The new bits are basically the things we've added like CF aero etc. Did they publish a photo of the GT wing? I thought I read somewhere they will have a wing...
 

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Supporting Vendors View all →
Back
Top