420 Sport officially teased on social media, full reveal on 26 May 2026

1000047578.webp
1000047582.webp
1000047584.webp
1000047586.webp
1000047588.webp
1000047592.webp
 

Attachments

  • 1000047580.webp
    1000047580.webp
    44.2 KB · Views: 221
is that what it is?!? Why didnt they just go with the GT vented bonnet.

I have to say, it just looks like a bit of an after market, parts bin special. Hatch spoiler from CT Carbon, rear louvres from Jubu (might have to get that though), Jubu ohlins etc.

I dont see whats really unique about it.
 
Looks very interesting, and great to see Lotus developing the Emira at last, especially as the entire future of the Hethel plant was looking precarious not that long ago. But if it ain't got buckets instead of the standard over stuffed armchairs I'm going to be disappointed :)
It looks like it will have new (and better) seats…

IMG_2562.webp
 
It looks like it will have new (and better) seats…
Call me Thomas, but I need a bit more to believe. Seriously hoping for a better factory or aftermarket seat option. Tillett looks amazing for it's purpose (i.e. the other end of the spectrum) but I'd still pay for a solution somewhere between that and stock. I mean, are we doomed to be forever jealous of Evora GT owners? 😆
 
Call me Thomas, but I need a bit more to believe. Seriously hoping for a better factory or aftermarket seat option. Tillett looks amazing for it's purpose (i.e. the other end of the spectrum) but I'd still pay for a solution somewhere between that and stock. I mean, are we doomed to be forever jealous of Evora GT owners? 😆
I just want seats that have the airbag. I’d buy Tilletts if they did. Hopefully we get more seat options because it’s my number 1 issue with the car
 
I just want seats that have the airbag. I’d buy Tilletts if they did. Hopefully we get more seat options because it’s my number 1 issue with the car
Same and I don't like the idea of not having side airbags. Wish they did door mounted side airbags.
 
That could be either Tangelo or Chrome Orange on the calipers and body?

Be interesting to see if it's a limited edition like the Isotope Green (60) or Jim Clark (don't know how many) or the 3 limited metallics colors: Ember Orange, Autumn Brown/Bronze and Green (forgot the color - Forest?).

They have denied us Chrome Orange since day one. But they teased us with the other oranges: Ember and Tangelo.

I have not seen an Ember Orange in person nor in any photos. I saw a poor-quality factory photo that appeared to be an Ember Orange Emira on the assembly line. And there was great sadness not seeing one.
 
It looks like it will have new (and better) seats…
I sure hope so. I'm not trading an auto i4 for my V6. The seats are the only interesting thing about this new car. I would, however, buy the seats from an owner who upgraded or maybe even from Lotus.
 
85%? Are you just counting V6 sales? With the I4 sales I think it’s closer to 70%. Still, your point is made and I agree.
You're probably right on the %.
 
We know Lotus can do a 420hp version on the v6 (look at Evora) and I think Lotus wants to, but unfortunately EU emission standards are killing any chance of a higher performance version of the current V6.
 
Wasn’t there some interior shots a few weeks back and they were just standard seats?
Yes and no mention of it in the highlights, but they were early release photos. They didn’t have the fender vents for example. One can still hope.
 
Old leaked shots were very placeholdery, I would take those with a grain of salt, that said, I also believe it'll have the same standard seats.

Old leaked rumors also mentions 420 sport for both engines, but they only officially teased with the amg. Sound difference in the exhaust could be from the factory titanium exhaust that was also mentioned.

I guess we'll find out more tomorrow.
 
Old leaked rumors also mentions 420 sport for both engines, but they only officially teased with the amg.
Not sure where you saw that. The now deleted pages clearly states it's exclusive to the 2.0L.
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot-2026-04-07-at-09-21-42-Lotus-Cars-Official-Site.webp
    Screenshot-2026-04-07-at-09-21-42-Lotus-Cars-Official-Site.webp
    49.3 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:
Not sure where you saw that. The now deleted pages clearly states it's exclusive to the 2.0L.
There were leaks in Lotus engine codes that had a 420hp v6 from vin decoders about 4-5 months ago.
 
There were leaks in Lotus engine codes that had a 420hp v6 from vin decoders about 4-5 months ago.
That engine code has been around since the launch of the car in the parts catalog. Perhaps that was the plan before emissions changed things (if true). Would be cool if I was wrong though, because maybe you could ecu swap and get more power.
 
That engine code has been around since the launch of the car in the parts catalog. Perhaps that was the plan before emissions changed things (if true). Would be cool if I was wrong though, because maybe you could ecu swap and get more power.
Unfortunately EU regulations have killed any chance of a higher performance V6. The V6 manual was barely passing emissions in 2024. I wish the US was a bigger market share so we could get a higher performance model in the US since emissions aren’t as stringent here, but that is unfortunately not the case and doesn’t make financial sense for Lotus. Which is also why we’re getting a new powertrain in the next few years.
 

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Supporting Vendors View all →
Back
Top