420 Sport officially teased on social media, full reveal on 26 May 2026

1000047578.webp
1000047582.webp
1000047584.webp
1000047586.webp
1000047588.webp
1000047592.webp
 

Attachments

  • 1000047580.webp
    1000047580.webp
    44.2 KB · Views: 221
base price is
105,900 pounds
or
141,437 USD

this does NOT include any of the following:
Lightweight Handling Pack - 12900 pounds
Multimatic 2-way adjustable spool‑valve dampers​
Titanium exhaust and finishers​
Carbon fibre louvre tailgate​
Lithium-Ion battery​
Lotus Track Performance APP​
Removeable Roof - 5000 pounds
Lower Carbon Fiber Pack with Black Roof - 8500 pounds

Standard v6 SE base - 96,500 pounds
Standard Turbo SE base - 89,500 pounds
Even the base price difference between the v6 and the i4 (which is roughly 10k USD) is way too much (given the same base specs). I don't know in the USA, but here in Italy the price difference between the two engines is not even close.
That being said, 200k usd/eur for this car is just nonsensical from a product standpoint. Then if we factor in the product placement, the marketing, whatever other shit you wanna load in, then...it's nonsensical.
 
The i4 is the higher performance version because of the transmission, not the engine.

And that’s a compromise that a lot of people are quite happy to make.
the i4 has 44 lb-ft more torque ... that isnt nothing
 
I didn’t say it was nothing.

But I bet if you put an 8 speed DCT on the V6 the difference would be infinitesimal.
 
I didn’t say it was nothing.

But I bet if you put an 8 speed DCT on the V6 the difference would be infinitesimal.
Mate, I fucking LOVE that word- infinitesimal!! 🤣🤣
 
A 14.5% increase is very notable in a 3200lbs car. Can't say I agree that's infinitesimal. DCT or not
 
Last edited:
Damn that lip and those side skirts look good. Hope we can retrofit the front side grilles, hate cleaning the leaves out of those pockets that is on the current design
 
The aero does look really good
 
I guess lotus liked my car so much they copied my styling. Let’s hope they solved the heat issues so those who buy it don’t go into limp mode when tracking.
I have some mod surprises coming by the end of next week. Let’s hope when everything gets put back together that the computer codes don’t spit out like the tickers during the Great Depression!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1371.webp
    IMG_1371.webp
    268.4 KB · Views: 126
Looks good do you have the Jubu Louvers?
 
Did you manage to have a chat with the bloke?
Say much?
It wasn't me but a friend who first sent me the rear view photo. I told him to immediately take more photos! He did speak to the chap, who is a Lotus test driver, and friendly enough. If it was me I would have asked many questions. The car is heading back Friday (today!) if you want to stake out Harwich Ferry terminal. :)


p.s. if he didn't go on the overnight ferry and got in at 6:30 am this morning he'll be arriving on the 19:45 pm one this evening.
 
Last edited:
I havent changed my mind on the front spoiler or the side skirts, too aggresive for me and a bit McLaren. Like the rear louvred hatch though.

Also not keen on the arch vents or the spoiler. I think its all a bit too 'try hard'.
 
I havent changed my mind on the front spoiler or the side skirts, too aggresive for me and a bit McLaren. Like the rear louvred hatch though.

Also not keen on the arch vents or the spoiler. I think its all a bit too 'try hard'.
I don't know do you feel that way even if it's functional. That's not trying to look cool, that's making a car perform better
 
Last edited:
I havent changed my mind on the front spoiler or the side skirts, too aggresive for me and a bit McLaren. Like the rear louvred hatch though.

Also not keen on the arch vents or the spoiler. I think its all a bit too 'try hard'.
I get what you mean with some of the bits- like the wheel arch vents and side scoops on the doors. Not my cup of tea at all. Also, I've never been a fan of the aftermarket side skirts that are currently about. However... The 420 ones are something else!! I love them, and the front lip. The rear window is chef's kiss 👍👍

Each to their own 👍👍
 
Everything looks great on this car. Especially the carbon stuff in body color makes it look much better. Ill put my name down if this ever comes with a stick and a v6
 

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Supporting Vendors View all →
Back
Top