420 Sport officially teased on social media, full reveal on 26 May 2026

1000047578.webp
1000047582.webp
1000047584.webp
1000047586.webp
1000047588.webp
1000047592.webp
 

Attachments

  • 1000047580.webp
    1000047580.webp
    44.2 KB · Views: 221
...Again, i love the idea of the 420 Sport but stripping a majority of the features that make this variant "bespoke" just to make the price "reasonable" defeats the purpose of this variant entirely.
That's the thing, you really aren't stripping it down. All the features sans the sunroof and color in the pics are included in the base price. The only "real" stuff you need is that handling package that adds the updated suspension, Lithium battery and titanium exhaust which is where the bulk of the weight savings comes from.

Again, bulk of the colors are free, bulk of the wheel options are free as is the bulk of the nicer alcantara interior. Just like the current "Racing Line" version, several items are included that are selectable (for free). Sorry, but the suggested spec when considering all the other options that are included (for free) hardly makes this a stripped down base model.
 
That's the thing, you really aren't stripping it down. All the features sans the sunroof and color in the pics are included in the base price. The only "real" stuff you need is that handling package that adds the updated suspension, Lithium battery and titanium exhaust which is where the bulk of the weight savings comes from.

Again, bulk of the colors are free, bulk of the wheel options are free as is the bulk of the nicer alcantara interior. Just like the current "Racing Line" version, several items are included that are selectable (for free). Sorry, but the suggested spec when considering all the other options that are included (for free) hardly makes this a stripped down base model.
At this point just let the people in this thread rant. It'll be the narrative until the car is done with production.
 
Seeing as this is a 'new model' I wonder if they've got a permanent fix for the water membrane issue on the fusebox instead of the shitty rubber sheet they've given the rest of us!!
 
To each his own. There is a reason why the i4 is being use on the 420 not the V6
Of course, I was just expressing my primary reason for purchasing an Emira. I wanted one of the last modern sports cars available with a manual. We have two other sports cars with PDK and Tremec DCT already.

It's absolutely a matter of personal preference, and I was simply expressing mine.
 
Just popped in to see what was going on. I bailed on an i4 back just before they were released as I was fed up with the waiting, price increases and general Lotus nonsense.

I still love the Emira shape and concept but was hoping for a bit more from the 420 sport. I was hoping for 450 - 500PS really but quite like the body kit and handling kit stuff. Seats are still a concern but I do know Steve Tillett so that can be fixed :cool:

The wait to get into an Emira continues I think.
 

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Supporting Vendors View all →
Back
Top