420 Sport officially teased on social media, full reveal on 26 May 2026

1000047578.webp
1000047582.webp
1000047584.webp
1000047586.webp
1000047588.webp
1000047592.webp
 

Attachments

  • 1000047580.webp
    1000047580.webp
    44.2 KB · Views: 221
Just popped in to see what was going on. I bailed on an i4 back just before they were released as I was fed up with the waiting, price increases and general Lotus nonsense.

I still love the Emira shape and concept but was hoping for a bit more from the 420 sport. I was hoping for 450 - 500PS really but quite like the body kit and handling kit stuff. Seats are still a concern but I do know Steve Tillett so that can be fixed :cool:

The wait to get into an Emira continues I think.
The reality is all 2027 models should just have had 416HP base and the price should have only increased per inflation. I think its a bit odd that the 420 has exactly 416HP which is the number the outgoing Evora GT had in the US, even though its 2 different powertrains. Its like they planned on the 420 to be both V6 and I4 but something happened. Otherwise why not just increase the I4 to an actual 420HP (or more)? I have to imagine the I4 can exceed 416HP and still get approval.

Honestly it kind of feels like the 30 year old V6 is starting to become an anchor around Lotus's neck with the Emira. They can't seem to increase HP on it and still get it approved in most countries anymore and even if they could they don't seem to trust the transmission over 416HP except for the limited Evora GT430 run in EU. It also seems they don't want the I4 to be far from the V6 in performance. I also think the V6 is also a problem because its confusing to the customer why an I4 would be the higher performance version. I really think Lotus is probably going to drop the V6 for 2028 and move the Emira to an I4 as the entry model and a V8 V6 hybrid as the premium performance option. Unfortunately I am sure both will be significantly overpriced.
 
Last edited:
The i4 is the higher performance version because of the transmission, not the engine.

And that’s a compromise that a lot of people are quite happy to make.
 
The reality is all 2027 models should just have had 416HP base and the price should have only increased per inflation. I think its a bit odd that the 420 has exactly 416HP which is the number the outgoing Evora GT had in the US, even though its 2 different powertrains. Its like they planned on the 420 to be both V6 and I4 but something happened. Otherwise why not just increase the I4 to an actual 420HP (or more)? I have to imagine the I4 can exceed 416HP and still get approval.

Honestly it kind of feels like the 30 year old V6 is starting to become an anchor around Lotus's neck with the Emira. They can't seem to increase HP on it and still get it approved in most countries anymore and even if they could they don't seem to trust the transmission over 416HP except for the limited Evora GT430 run in EU. It also seems they don't want the I4 to be far from the V6 in performance. I also think the V6 is also a problem because its confusing to the customer why an I4 would be the higher performance version. I really think Lotus is probably going to drop the V6 for 2028 and move the Emira to an I4 as the entry model and a V8 hybrid as the premium performance option. Unfortunately I am sure both will be significantly overpriced.
The V6 is on the way out. Toyota doesnt make them anymore. We dont know how many Lotus has but they are going to run out. The V6 manual also sells better than the i4 (at least in the US). The 420 as an i4 is likely to boost i4 sales more than anything. Theres nothing on that package that cant be applied to a v6 and they will almost certainly release a similar kit for the farewell of the V6 or just when they think the market will pay.
 
I really think Lotus is probably going to drop the V6 for 2028 and move the Emira to an I4 as the entry model and a V8 hybrid as the premium performance option. Unfortunately I am sure both will be significantly overpriced.
It is likely the Horse V6 Hybrid will be the premium option over the i4 - I doubt now there will be a V8 Emira as the V8 will go in the new model.
 
It is likely the Horse V6 Hybrid will be the premium option over the i4 - I doubt now there will be a V8 Emira as the V8 will go in the new model.
Yeah that is what I meant, I was confusing the new V8 car they teased and the V6 Horse rumors for the Emira.
 
Not shown in that clip but I've seen a prototype with the wheel arch vents and the extended side covers in body colour rather than black, looked very good.
Here's an "official" photo of the prototype that I saw with body colour wheel arch vents.

It's from the article in the Eastern Daily Press about The Hethel Performance Hub opening.

Emira 420 Sport body colour vents.webp
 
Here's an "official" photo of the prototype that I saw with body colour wheel arch vents.

It's from the article in the Eastern Daily Press about The Hethel Performance Hub opening.

View attachment 84003
Looks promising!
By the way, what colour is that? I recall seeing somewhere here on the forums, I love it!
 
Wasn't the online configurator scheduled to go live on the 26th? We didn't get any kind of special news on the 26th, right?
 
Also, there's a special matte blue Emira in that same article that looks very nice
 
I think it's called Tangelo Orange?
Yes correct thank you! Why it’s not available as an option is beyond me. I don’t think that’s ever been offered here in the EU as a bespoke edition? US-only?
 
Yes correct thank you! Why it’s not available as an option is beyond me. I don’t think that’s ever been offered here in the EU as a bespoke edition? US-only?
Yeah maybe. If I didn't have a Seneca blue one on the way, it would be this or isotope green for me 👍👍
 
Guys.... you know we all love lotus since we are all here, but I can't even defend this...... can ANYONE explain this???

I specced one out from curiosity, this configurator is Live on the UK site.

You read that right:
155,225 Pounds
or
207,283 USD

WHAT?

1783486373998.webp
 
Give
Guys.... you know we all love lotus since we are all here, but I can't even defend this...... can ANYONE explain this???

I specced one out from curiosity, this configurator is Live on the UK site.

You read that right:
155,225 Pounds
or
207,283 USD

WHAT?

View attachment 84609
Given we all like different options, a fair comparison will be the base retail price. Whats the comparison to base retail price for existing 4 and v6 models where you are.
 
All of a sudden, I don’t feel the urge to spec a new Emira.

No seriously, the new italian configurator (and the us one if I got it right) is not there, so could these be dummy prices as if they weren’t expected to go live yet?
 
Given we all like different options, a fair comparison will be the base retail price. Whats the comparison to base retail price for existing 4 and v6 models where you are.
base price is
105,900 pounds
or
141,437 USD

this does NOT include any of the following:
Lightweight Handling Pack - 12900 pounds
Multimatic 2-way adjustable spool‑valve dampers​
Titanium exhaust and finishers​
Carbon fibre louvre tailgate​
Lithium-Ion battery​
Lotus Track Performance APP​
Removeable Roof - 5000 pounds
Lower Carbon Fiber Pack with Black Roof - 8500 pounds

Standard v6 SE base - 96,500 pounds
Standard Turbo SE base - 89,500 pounds
 
All of a sudden, I don’t feel the urge to spec a new Emira.

No seriously, the new italian configurator (and the us one if I got it right) is not there, so could these be dummy prices as if they weren’t expected to go live yet?
no, they are real, just not Live in other regions, yet obviously this isn't going to be a 1 to 1 representation to YOUR specific region, but gives you a good reference point vs the 2 base models of the cars

here's the link to the UK configurator, have at it
 
base price is
105,900 pounds
or
141,437 USD

this does NOT include any of the following:
Lightweight Handling Pack - 12900 pounds
Multimatic 2-way adjustable spool‑valve dampers​
Titanium exhaust and finishers​
Carbon fibre louvre tailgate​
Lithium-Ion battery​
Lotus Track Performance APP​
Removeable Roof - 5000 pounds
Lower Carbon Fiber Pack with Black Roof - 8500 pounds

Standard v6 SE base - 96,500 pounds
Standard Turbo SE base - 89,500 pounds
ok, thats a bit too much of a delta for me when I see the base price for a base turbo SE (89,500) vs sport (105,900) - thats a 20% approx price bump.
 
ok, thats a bit too much of a delta for me when I see the base price for a base turbo SE (89,500) vs sport (105,900) - thats a 20% approx price bump.
this is absolutely what i mean, that 20% delta gets you.... 16hp, and non-carbon aero. If you want the rest you will need to cough up the additional 50% ON TOP of that 420 sport base price which is already 20% over standard car. this is insanity.
 
Im prefectly fine aftermarketing a better version of this 420 for a whole lot less. 475Hp and 3000lbs
 

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Supporting Vendors View all →
Back
Top