USA/Canada Delivery Thread

GrahamClark_60-68

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I was originally told December. Then March. Those from my dealer. Then it turned out I didn't have an allocation and they were blowing smoke up my ass. Order finalized the first week of January but by that point I was talking to Hethel. Got my day of production at the beginning of this month including what time of day.. 1pm on the 7th. That's slipped now to the 15th of May and it's the 14th of 27 cars to be built that day so afternoon again but closer to noon.
Geez, not only down the exact day but the exact hour! Quite a contact you have there!
As a point of reference for anyone who cares to this level, my order was finalized first week of Dec, so about a month before yours. I was told "March/April for build start. I asked my dealer for status on March 14 and was told my status was "locked" meaning my build is underway. Unfortunately I hadn't asked for that info previously so no idea when my build actually started. But in a worst case scenario, if my build started on that day, March 14, then it started 3 months and 1 week after I finalized my order. In your case, it looks like it will be more like 4 months and 1 week after order finalization. So yep, continuing the Lotus tradition of no rhyme or reason.
So my last question, if I can push this at bit further is, it's been roughly guided to me that production is taking approx 2-3 months. Do you or your contact know if production is actually taking closer to 2 months or closer to 3? Or something else?

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Geez, not only down the exact day but the exact hour! Quite a contact you have there!
As a point of reference for anyone who cares to this level, my order was finalized first week of Dec, so about a month before yours. I was told "March/April for build start. I asked my dealer for status on March 14 and was told my status was "locked" meaning my build is underway. Unfortunately I hadn't asked for that info previously so no idea when my build actually started. But in a worst case scenario, if my build started on that day, March 14, then it started 3 months and 1 week after I finalized my order. In your case, it looks like it will be more like 4 months and 1 week after order finalization. So yep, continuing the Lotus tradition of no rhyme or reason.
So my last question, if I can push this at bit further is, it's been roughly guided to me that production is taking approx 2-3 months. Do you or your contact know if production is actually taking closer to 2 months or closer to 3? Or something else?
My build will start on the 15th and finish on the 16th. I'm hoping to try and catch as much of it as I can, just for fun.

Drambeenie

Reaction score
My build will start on the 15th and finish on the 16th. I'm hoping to try and catch as much of it as I can, just for fun.
This gives me hope that my car is probably already built. I had a Dec 23/Jan 24 build date but haven’t heard anything since

3A3968M

Reaction score
There was an incident in Baltimore port involving a large ship that collided with a bridge destroying it. Terrible news for those who lost their loved once as a result of this.
We might wait for our cars a bit longer.

Last edited:

robrmon

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
There was an incident in Baltimore port involving a large ship that collided with a bridge destroying it. Terrible news for those who might have lost their loved once as a result of this.
We might wait for our cars a bit longer.
Indeed very serious and sad for those families affected. Rescue Divers are in the water now, wishing them the best.

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
This is the most unbelievable footage I have ever seen. I've driven over that bridge a hundred times, that's Interstate 695 that bypasses downtown Baltimore. It has active traffic 24 hours a day! 😳

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
This is the most unbelievable footage I have ever seen. I've driven over that bridge a hundred times, that's Interstate 695 that bypasses downtown Baltimore. It has active traffic 24 hours a day! 😳

Absolutely insane. I've never seen anything like this. I've crossed that bridge many times as well. 🤯

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
This is tragic news. I worked for many years in the White Marsh area and have crossed that bridge many times. I hope they recover the victims to bring their families some peace.

Porter

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
My fear of bridges has been amplified, those poor people.
There was also apparently a construction crew working on the bridge at the time. I can't imagine how horrific it must have been.

I'm just aching for all of these poor people. It's a busy bridge even at night, I fear the "20 vehicles" figure they are quoting may be optimistic.

Porter

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
FYI: Current status of the Atlantic Container Line ships that typically carry Lotus shipments to the US:

Atlantic Sky - Docked in Norfolk, VA. Left Baltimore yesterday.
Atlantic Sea - Docked in Halifax, NS. Was due to dock in Baltimore on April 1. Will likely be diverted.
Atlantic Sun - Docked in Liverpool, UK. Was due to dock in Baltimore on April 8. Will likely be diverted.
Atlantic Sail - Docked in Antwerp, Belgium. Was due to dock in Baltimore on April 14. Will likely be diverted.
Atlantic Star - Left Halifax, en route to Hamburg, Germany.

FYI in 2021 Baltimore handled 824,000 autos through the port. That's 1/3 more than the next closest port by volume (Brunswick, GA). It's going to be a nightmare to divert that volume of cars to other east coast US ports.

Last edited:

Porter

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
MarineTraffic stats on the Atlantic Sky indicate that it left Baltimore yesterday evening (10pm) and docked in Norfolk this morning.

robrmon

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
MarineTraffic stats on the Atlantic Sky indicate that it left Baltimore yesterday afternoon and docked in Norfolk this morning.

Agreed i misinterpreted some data. When I looked it looked liked it was stuck the wrong side of the bridge