USA/Canada Delivery Thread

CHEESE

Emira Fan
Reaction score
FYI: Current status of the Atlantic Container Line ships that typically carry Lotus shipments to the US:

Atlantic Sky - Docked in Norfolk, VA. Left Baltimore yesterday.
Atlantic Sea - Docked in Halifax, NS. Was due to dock in Baltimore on April 1. Will likely be diverted.
Atlantic Sun - Docked in Liverpool, UK. Was due to dock in Baltimore on April 8. Will likely be diverted.
Atlantic Sail - Docked in Antwerp, Belgium. Was due to dock in Baltimore on April 14. Will likely be diverted.
Atlantic Star - Left Halifax, en route to Hamburg, Germany.

FYI in 2021 Baltimore handled 824,000 autos through the port. That's 1/3 more than the next closest port by volume (Brunswick, GA). It's going to be a nightmare to divert that volume of cars to other east coast US ports.

Hmm, so the only one of those that is not currently docked is on its way to Germany?

Many of us received news over the weekend that our CARB cars are "on a ship en route" or "on the water." I would assume this means that they aren't just docked. Could they possibly have made it to the Baltimore port and already unloaded?

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hmm, so the only one of those that is not currently docked is on its way to Germany?

Many of us received news over the weekend that our CARB cars are "on a ship en route" or "on the water." I would assume this means that they aren't just docked. Could they possibly have made it to the Baltimore port and already unloaded?
Very possible. The Atlantic Sky just unloaded at two different terminals in Baltimore starting on Sunday, and left the second bound for Norfolk last night, so it had a busy two day offload.

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
It's still possible that Emiras were on Sky, but it's looking unlikely. Atlantic Sea was supposed to arrive on 4/1 but it was making better progress and was slated to arrive at Baltimore 3/30 and at Dundalk RoRo on 3/31. This matches what the emails communicated to us.

4MIR3

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Talk about a logistics nightmare. Curious what they will do? The port will be out of commission for quite a bit of time.

DF_Toronto

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
There was also apparently a construction crew working on the bridge at the time. I can't imagine how horrific it must have been.

I'm just aching for all of these poor people. It's a busy bridge even at night, I fear the "20 vehicles" figure they are quoting may be optimistic.
Would have been 50/50 crossing that bridge on my upcoming road trip. The Jays are playing the Orioles on the 15th and I’ve been contemplating driving to Baltimore on day 1 of the trip to go to that game and spend the night on the harbour then get up early and drive to Blue Ridge mile post 0.

DF_Toronto

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
FYI: Current status of the Atlantic Container Line ships that typically carry Lotus shipments to the US:

Atlantic Sky - Docked in Norfolk, VA. Left Baltimore yesterday.
Atlantic Sea - Docked in Halifax, NS. Was due to dock in Baltimore on April 1. Will likely be diverted.
Atlantic Sun - Docked in Liverpool, UK. Was due to dock in Baltimore on April 8. Will likely be diverted.
Atlantic Sail - Docked in Antwerp, Belgium. Was due to dock in Baltimore on April 14. Will likely be diverted.
Atlantic Star - Left Halifax, en route to Hamburg, Germany.

FYI in 2021 Baltimore handled 824,000 autos through the port. That's 1/3 more than the next closest port by volume (Brunswick, GA). It's going to be a nightmare to divert that volume of cars to other east coast US ports.
Just had a chat with my dealer about something else and he just heard back from Lotus about Canadian shipments…no Canadian cars on the water or the ship that just docked, they plan to ship a “small number” of Canadian cars sometime in April. Not important right now but on a lighter note of “so Lotus”, the dealership is doing PDI/PPF delivery prep etc on a bunch of FE 2s that will be on the road any day while FE 1s that at my dealership were all early 2021 deposits spoken for before the unveil are still sitting at Hethel 🤦‍♂️.

CoryC

Emira Fan
Reaction score
So at this point, is it known whether there were a load of Emiras on the boat that unloaded over the weekend? VIN list pending?

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
So at this point, is it known whether there were a load of Emiras on the boat that unloaded over the weekend? VIN list pending?

If there were cars on Sky, they were unloaded on 3/25, and today is 3/26, and ImportInfo's data on the Atlantic Sky is running 2 days behind - it's updated until 3/24. None of the 3/25 activities are showing up yet. So we may see something tomorrow if there were Lotus cars on this ship.

DF_Toronto

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
If there were cars on Sky, they were unloaded on 3/25, and today is 3/26, and ImportInfo's data on the Atlantic Sky is running 2 days behind - it's updated until 3/24. None of the 3/25 activities are showing up yet. So we may see something tomorrow if there were Lotus cars on this ship.
Based on info about Canadian & CARB Cars (if accurate), they are likely all USA non CARB if any…

DF_Toronto

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Huh? How do you know they are all USA *non* CARB cars, if any?
Just speculating - I thought I heard from a lot of the earliest CARB buyers that they just got word in the last few days that there cars were finally put on the water. That being said my dealer in Canada got a lot of FE 2s while awaiting FE 1s. I tend to think logically but I guess it’s all random.

Also, spoke to my dealer this morning and he had finally just heard back from Lotus this morning right before we spoke that no other Canadian cars are currently in transit but they hope to ship a small number sometime by the end of April :/. The first cars to leave the lot will be FE 2s :).

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Just speculating - I thought I heard from a lot of the earliest CARB buyers that they just got word in the last few days that there cars were finally put on the water. That being said my dealer in Canada got a lot of FE 2s while awaiting FE 1s. I tend to think logically but I guess it’s all random.

Also, spoke to my dealer this morning and he had finally just heard back from Lotus this morning right before we spoke that no other Canadian cars are currently in transit but they hope to ship a small number sometime by the end of April :/. The first cars to leave the lot will be FE 2s :).
Oh okay. I took a break from this forum while waiting for news of cars being shipped. I, among several others, received notification in the last few days that our cars would be here "by 3/31".

4MIR3

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Oh okay. I took a break from this forum while waiting for news of cars being shipped. I, among several others, received notification that our cars would be here "by 3/31".
I received the 3/31 email as well. 🤦🏻‍♂️

DF_Toronto

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Oh okay. I took a break from this forum while waiting for news of cars being shipped. I, among several others, received notification in the last few days that our cars would be here "by 3/31".
I’m hope I’m wrong and purely speculating but the timeline suggests the majority of CARB FE 1s are currently on the water…