USA/Canada Delivery Thread

DF_Toronto

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Well, my car has been here since 12/29 and I still don’t have it or a date when I’ll get it.
That’s pretty wild, what’s the reason given for the holdup?

Did your car randomly show up as a lone car or two destined for your dealership and therefore sitting at the port waiting for a transport to carry a full load?

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Was this from lotus or your dealer?
My info came from my dealer. While my dealer had been short on info, they arent the type to speculate. When they don't know they just say they don't know. As soon as they had a Vin, they sent it to me. So I trust that they have good solid info from Lotus indicating that our cars will be here soon. Multiple dealers got the same alert so there are likely quite a number of cars on the shipment due to arrive by the end of this month.

robrmon

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
My info came from my dealer. While my dealer had been short on info, they arent the type to speculate. When they don't know they just say they don't know. As soon as they had a Vin, they sent it to me. So I trust that they have good solid info from Lotus indicating that our cars will be here soon. Multiple dealers got the same alert so there are likely quite a number of cars on the shipment due to arrive by the end of this month.
OK, thanks for the info, my assessment is that it might mean that the car is either on sky or sea? If it’s on sea, clearly it might be disrupted given what happened today.

Idalee07

Reaction score
That’s pretty wild, what’s the reason given for the holdup?

Did your car randomly show up as a lone car or two destined for your dealership and therefore sitting at the port waiting for a transport to carry a full load?
It’s at the dealership that refused delivery of the cars and they’re being stored at the port. It’s a small dealership so they’re only accepting a few cars at a time for release.

Idalee07

Reaction score
My car arrived on the 12/20 Atlantic Sun ship, and I'll get to take it home 4/13. Sometimes it just takes time...
True. I wonder if any dealership has had to deal with refunding a deposit after a death. It’s been about 3 years so statistically speaking it’s had to happen.

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
OK, thanks for the info, my assessment is that it might mean that the car is either on sky or sea? If it’s on sea, clearly it might be disrupted given what happened today.
Yep, they will likely land in NY or Norfolk if they are on the Sea. I am still holding out hope that they were on Sky.

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Well, it's official, Atlantic Sea is no longer calling in Baltimore.

1000007120.jpg

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Can they dock anywhere else to unload in the meantime? (Long Beach?)
Long Beach is all the way on the west coast. They would have to sail through Panama canal. No way they would do that.

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
So discharge at NY???
I am thinking more like Norfolk, because the cars are loaded with anticipated unloading order. Unless they can get everyone to agree to unload in NY, they would have to shuffle cargo around to get the cars out from those that are continuing onto Norfolk. So I am betting all the Baltimore cars gets unloaded at Norfolk. Norfolk is also very close to Baltimore - in fact the ship literally pass by Norfolk on its way to Baltimore.

Idalee07

Reaction score
Mine too. No idea when I’ll get it, perhaps in the next decade.
Which dealer are you at? I’m assuming it’s the same one. Have you heard anything other than the 2 “don’t call us… we’ll call you” emails?

Xroyalnavy

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Which dealer are you at? I’m assuming it’s the same one. Have you heard anything other than the 2 “don’t call us… we’ll call you” emails?
Cape Fear in Wilmington, NC. I stopped by there a couple of weeks ago and there was no update available. I don’t believe that they know what sequence the cars will arrive in. There were perhaps a dozen on their front lot so no availability for additional storage I’m thinking. No emails.

Idalee07

Reaction score
Cape Fear in Wilmington, NC. I stopped by there a couple of weeks ago and there was no update available. I don’t believe that they know what sequence the cars will arrive in. There were perhaps a dozen on their front lot so no availability for additional storage I’m thinking. No emails.
I’m at Gator, but it’s the same situation

4MIR3

Emira Fan
Reaction score
When will we get any info regarding the Baltimore situation?

Hope history isn't any indication... because we all know what that means.