USA/Canada Delivery Thread

robrmon

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
There was an incident in Baltimore port involving a large ship that collided with a bridge destroying it. Terrible news for those who might have lost their loved once as a result of this.
We might wait for our cars a bit longer.
Indeed very serious and sad for those families affected. Rescue Divers are in the water now, wishing them the best.

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
This is the most unbelievable footage I have ever seen. I've driven over that bridge a hundred times, that's Interstate 695 that bypasses downtown Baltimore. It has active traffic 24 hours a day! 😳

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
This is the most unbelievable footage I have ever seen. I've driven over that bridge a hundred times, that's Interstate 695 that bypasses downtown Baltimore. It has active traffic 24 hours a day! 😳

Absolutely insane. I've never seen anything like this. I've crossed that bridge many times as well. 🤯

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
This is tragic news. I worked for many years in the White Marsh area and have crossed that bridge many times. I hope they recover the victims to bring their families some peace.

Porter

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
My fear of bridges has been amplified, those poor people.
There was also apparently a construction crew working on the bridge at the time. I can't imagine how horrific it must have been.

I'm just aching for all of these poor people. It's a busy bridge even at night, I fear the "20 vehicles" figure they are quoting may be optimistic.

Porter

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
FYI: Current status of the Atlantic Container Line ships that typically carry Lotus shipments to the US:

Atlantic Sky - Docked in Norfolk, VA. Left Baltimore yesterday.
Atlantic Sea - Docked in Halifax, NS. Was due to dock in Baltimore on April 1. Will likely be diverted.
Atlantic Sun - Docked in Liverpool, UK. Was due to dock in Baltimore on April 8. Will likely be diverted.
Atlantic Sail - Docked in Antwerp, Belgium. Was due to dock in Baltimore on April 14. Will likely be diverted.
Atlantic Star - Left Halifax, en route to Hamburg, Germany.

FYI in 2021 Baltimore handled 824,000 autos through the port. That's 1/3 more than the next closest port by volume (Brunswick, GA). It's going to be a nightmare to divert that volume of cars to other east coast US ports.

Last edited:

Porter

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
MarineTraffic stats on the Atlantic Sky indicate that it left Baltimore yesterday evening (10pm) and docked in Norfolk this morning.

robrmon

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
MarineTraffic stats on the Atlantic Sky indicate that it left Baltimore yesterday afternoon and docked in Norfolk this morning.

Agreed i misinterpreted some data. When I looked it looked liked it was stuck the wrong side of the bridge

CHEESE

Emira Fan
Reaction score
FYI: Current status of the Atlantic Container Line ships that typically carry Lotus shipments to the US:

Atlantic Sky - Docked in Norfolk, VA. Left Baltimore yesterday.
Atlantic Sea - Docked in Halifax, NS. Was due to dock in Baltimore on April 1. Will likely be diverted.
Atlantic Sun - Docked in Liverpool, UK. Was due to dock in Baltimore on April 8. Will likely be diverted.
Atlantic Sail - Docked in Antwerp, Belgium. Was due to dock in Baltimore on April 14. Will likely be diverted.
Atlantic Star - Left Halifax, en route to Hamburg, Germany.

FYI in 2021 Baltimore handled 824,000 autos through the port. That's 1/3 more than the next closest port by volume (Brunswick, GA). It's going to be a nightmare to divert that volume of cars to other east coast US ports.

Hmm, so the only one of those that is not currently docked is on its way to Germany?

Many of us received news over the weekend that our CARB cars are "on a ship en route" or "on the water." I would assume this means that they aren't just docked. Could they possibly have made it to the Baltimore port and already unloaded?

Porter

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hmm, so the only one of those that is not currently docked is on its way to Germany?

Many of us received news over the weekend that our CARB cars are "on a ship en route" or "on the water." I would assume this means that they aren't just docked. Could they possibly have made it to the Baltimore port and already unloaded?
Very possible. The Atlantic Sky just unloaded at two different terminals in Baltimore starting on Sunday, and left the second bound for Norfolk last night, so it had a busy two day offload.

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
It's still possible that Emiras were on Sky, but it's looking unlikely. Atlantic Sea was supposed to arrive on 4/1 but it was making better progress and was slated to arrive at Baltimore 3/30 and at Dundalk RoRo on 3/31. This matches what the emails communicated to us.