USA/Canada Delivery Thread

My 2 cents (I ordered Mist White, so take that into account)

Dark Verdant probably will be far easier to resell later, because people tend to like green on Lotus.

Mist White is likely going to be one of the lesser chosen colors (Someone posted these pie charts previously, which is why I think this to be true).

So if you want the more traditional Lotus type look maybe DV. If you want a rarer color that might be harder to resell later maybe Mist White.

I haven’t seen a bad color yet on this car, so I don’t think you can go wrong.

View attachment 31392

Not knowing the history of Lotus I originally picked DV in August 2021 because I liked it and because I thought it would be rare. However, the mist white with the black pack is a great look. I have always loved white cars with back roofs. No plans to sell the car.

Has anyone tried contacting Lotus CS and asking about the Mist white paint / sending better pictures of a planform? Is it metallic or flat? Would be great to get some better idea with color samples. I have a feeling that Mist might be very similar to BMW mineral white. Which is a fantastic white IMO. Very difficult decision @Pegasi.
Mist White is simply an "off white" color correct? Like a pearl or antique white?

Has anyone tried contacting Lotus CS and asking about the Mist white paint / sending better pictures of a planform? Is it metallic or flat? Would be great to get some better idea with color samples. I have a feeling that Mist might be very similar to BMW mineral white. Which is a fantastic white IMO. Very difficult decision @Pegasi.
IMG_9393.jpeg

This was posted elsewhere for the new colors.

Did anyone ever get the chance to make changes to their 1.0 order like Lotus suggested would be able to be done?
The changes you could make, as well as the timeframe for making changes was limited. I made one small change without issue.

Made even MORE difficult by the lack of bonafide color charts at NA dealers.

Seriously…. Has Lotus always been like this? Requesting configs with little to no color samples to refer to?

Made even MORE difficult by the lack of bonafide color charts at NA dealers.

Seriously…. Has Lotus always been like this? Requesting configs with little to no color samples to refer to?
Would appear so.

My Understanding is the dealers in North America have to pay to have the samples. Many choose not to invest it seems? In the UK the dealers have samples, no idea why Lotus North America makes it so difficult and unpleasant to buy a 100K car.

My Understanding is the dealers in North America have to pay to have the samples. Many choose not to invest it seems? In the UK the dealers have samples, no idea why Lotus North America makes it so difficult and unpleasant to buy a 100K car.
Absolutely correct re: your latter point. Ridiculous.

As to your former point, I haven’t a clue if it’s the norm to pay for color samples from a manufacturer but, again, ridiculous that it isn’t mandatory based on what I can only assume is a modest investment. How about professionally photographed videos and pics showing all the colors in various lighting posted by the manufacturer? Wasn’t there some bullshit attributed to either Matt or some other higher up at Lotus years ago about the reason they didn’t release any professional pics of “DV” was because it “didn’t photograph well”?

W…T…F….

Last edited:
I have found an Ariel that I am bidding on. Wish me luck.

Reactions: vdr
Did anyone ever get the chance to make changes to their 1.0 order like Lotus suggested would be able to be done?
My dealer told me that I was not able to make any changes to my FE 1.0 order…When the 2.0 colors came out, I asked if I could select a 2.0 color.

My dealer told me that I was not able to make any changes to my FE 1.0 order…When the 2.0 colors came out, I asked if I could select a 2.0 color.
My understanding is that you could request minor changes, that would have included suspension, caliper colours, tire choice. but not something significant like body colour. And I don’t believe that and FE v1 car will be allowed one of the new colours.

Yes I did, a few months ago. Changed interior color, calipers and steering wheel. Was told it was a very limited window and accepting changes wasn’t guaranteed, but they ended up allowing my particular request.

My understanding is that you could request minor changes, that would have included suspension, caliper colours, tire choice. but not something significant like body colour. And I don’t believe that and FE v1 car will be allowed one of the new colours.
You are absolutely correct…I was unclear in my post - I meant with respect to color.

.......Seeing a car with amber headlights at a factory tour is a good indicator but not 100%. N/A is not the only place on earth that uses those but we are the largest user by a huge margin. Unfortunately I have seen them in parts of Asia. Whether or not they were imported that way I can’t say. A more seasoned traveler to those parts could chime in.

I'm think I'm in alignment here...... yet request confirmation. The US Emira's may NOT have visibly Amber Side Markers (internal to the headlights). I believe that the regulations state that the Turn Signal Marker be Amber in Color when Activated, not when off. Thus you can have a clear Turn Signal Marker that lights up Amber when activated - just like the videos of the Left Hand Drive Emiras that I have viewed.

So looking at the Emiras going down a Factory Line may show nothing regarding the Turn Signal Side Marker, as they may be clear when off.

Any correction to this thought process would be welcome. (y)

I'm think I'm in alignment here...... yet request confirmation. The US Emira's may NOT have visibly Amber Side Markers (internal to the headlights). I believe that the regulations state that the Turn Signal Marker be Amber in Color when Activated, not when off. Thus you can have a clear Turn Signal Marker that lights up Amber when activated - just like the videos of the Left Hand Drive Emiras that I have viewed.

So looking at the Emiras going down a Factory Line may show nothing regarding the Turn Signal Side Marker, as they may be clear when off.

Any correction to this thought process would be welcome. (y)
You are correct for the light emitting markers. But the US requires reflectors that must reflect in amber, so they are going to be pretty visible as an amber strip in the headlight module or a hideous reflector probably glued to the wheel arch.