Top Gear Photos with Chris Harris Track Testing

Honeywell

Reaction score
I am just not sure why they chose to focus on its track side when it's a car like a Cayman which rarely see a track as a percentage of cars out there.

The reality is I know 2 Caymans owned by middle to retired age women who use them mostly to go to the country club, spa and coffee mornings. I know a dozen guys at work who use them mostly as their second or third car and try to keep the mileage down to 6000 miles a year and would be horrified at the prospect of shaving 6000 miles of rubber of the wheels in a single track day.

This is a luxury two seat sports car with an exclusive brand and image an is often bought for the badge. It has to work tootling through traffic getting hone from work, it has to look really great, it has to feel as well built as their other Audi and BMW.

I would imagine track performance would be of interest to no more than 15% of the Emira customers who actually buy the car.

That's why I liked Harrys review so much. We got to see it dancing down a Cotswold B road with the chassis performing its magic and the steering writhing with feedback. The absolute limit of front end turn in at 100mph on a circuit is kinda - meh.

sslater006

Reaction score
I am just not sure why they chose to focus on its track side when it's a car like a Cayman which rarely see a track as a percentage of cars out there.

The reality is I know 2 Caymans owned by middle to retired age women who use them mostly to go to the country club, spa and coffee mornings. I know a dozen guys at work who use them mostly as their second or third car and try to keep the mileage down to 6000 miles a year and would be horrified at the prospect of shaving 6000 miles of rubber of the wheels in a single track day.

This is a luxury two seat sports car with an exclusive brand and image an is often bought for the badge. It has to work tootling through traffic getting hone from work, it has to look really great, it has to feel as well built as their other Audi and BMW.

I would imagine track performance would be of interest to no more than 15% of the Emira customers who actually buy the car.

That's why I liked Harrys review so much. We got to see it dancing down a Cotswold B road with the chassis performing its magic and the steering writhing with feedback. The absolute limit of front end turn in at 100mph on a circuit is kinda - meh.

Absolutely spot on - couldn’t agree more. Exquisitely put.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
It's Top Gear so they want some car-based entertainment. It's not an in-depth car review like Harry, or even TG online or in the magazine.

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
Because its a Lotus
And because if all you want is a comfortable daily driver then there are many other options. There is an aspirational element of knowing the car capabilities are high, even though most of us cannot exploit them. Same with GT3s and the like, albeit with much higher capabilities. If buyers want limited mileage and drive them at 30pct of their potential, will the "street" review make any difference?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Well I’ve got a bottle of red wine open for Fathers Day, which will help pass the time until the Emira part 🍷

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Well I’ve got a bottle of red wine open for Fathers Day, which will help pass the time until the Emira part 🍷

Hoping the clip will be on YouTube soon after for those of us outside the UK.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Okay, well those of you watching live, give us a running update.

Stsainj

Reaction score
14CDDF6C-FBD9-43E5-93F0-A77831452785.jpeg

It’s time!