Top Gear Photos with Chris Harris Track Testing

mjw930

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I wish someone had the factory alignment specs. With the collective wisdom here I think things would become a lot easier to understand.

I will be somewhat disappointed if there are identical or, at a minimum, Lotus doesn’t publish “recommended” track specs.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I wish someone had the factory alignment specs. With the collective wisdom here I think things would become a lot easier to understand.

I will be somewhat disappointed if there are identical or, at a minimum, Lotus doesn’t publish “recommended” track specs.
How is this stuff not known to us directly from Lotus by now... Why are we still guessing and having forum members updating us on final specification 🤣😵‍💫😪

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

It’ll be in the handbook, like it’s been for previous cars.

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The Top Gear Instagram account just posted this 2 minute preview clip of the upcoming Emira episode:

Just watching that short clip makes me think Chris Harris was driving a very different car from Jethro. I'll await the full review however.

MCS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
As little as the sliding about helps me ‘review’ the car I do like watching Chris Harris and would love to be able to be even 10% of the driver he is 😎

mjw930

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Or maybe he’s just a better driver who understands what makes you smile when you drive? Seems he has no issues with the shifting or steering.

Of course it’s a different car in different conditions, that’s obvious, but he also has a different perspective about what’s important. Seems he has a lot more in common with Harry than Jethro does.

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
As little as the sliding about helps me ‘review’ the car I do like watching Chris Harris and would love to be able to be even 10% of the driver he is 😎
Enjoyed the clip, which has been a long time coming. The vibe seems positive, so hoping for a big thumbs up and a major endorsement. Then watch the mood in this forum shift.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Defo not going to be a bad review. In summary he is going to say its a grown up Lotus for the modern world (which it is)

xen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
The Top Gear Instagram account just posted this 2 minute preview clip of the upcoming Emira episode:

The concern though is that he’s driving a different spec car to the pre-production cars. Without knowing exactly what’s different (or if there isn’t a difference) you can’t make any dynamics comparisons

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
The concern though is that he’s driving a different spec car to the pre-production cars. Without knowing exactly what’s different (or if there isn’t a difference) you can’t make any dynamics comparisons
None of us are going to know until we sit in a production car and drive it ourselves. If there really are still set up differences between cars ie gear linkage adjustment etc (you would hope that isn't still a thing at lotus) then we won't know until we are sat in our own car driving off the lot

Last edited:

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
You can tell Chris Harris is not native to the UK,.......he has really good teeth !!
Surprised but ready for it:

we are not in the 1960's now

kratedisease

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
So you are saying the car has gotten worse over time? Is lotus risking a lawsuit by having the marketed product ve of different characteristics than the delivered one?