Emira Addict
Reaction score
touche

according to
"Dr Chris van Tulleken"
sounds extremely english doesn't he??
The chuffington post, or the BBC....
take your pick
and why is chris harris not british? He is more british than I am in fact. Anyone born in the UK is, and his father is to my knowledge and his teeth would have been treated by British dentists I imagine.
Did you read the article I sent? I think it merits a read before "shooting" something back and don't get us Brits started on gun laws.... we could argue all day, outside of glamorous teeth, but this is a Lotus forum and I have been to several times, and know enough people from NY to also know its not a good idea to .... argue.

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Anyone see that redline? Looked like he hit 7k, not sure.

Either way - suck it Jethro! Maybe the Evo guys just needed a RHD car to feel right?

kratedisease

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
according to
"Dr Chris van Tulleken"
sounds extremely english doesn't he??
The chuffington post, or the BBC....
take your pick
and why is chris harris not british? He is more british than I am in fact. Anyone born in the UK is, and his father is to my knowledge and his teeth would have been treated by British dentists I imagine.
Did you read the article I sent? I think it merits a read before "shooting" something back and don't get us Brits started on gun laws.... we could argue all day, outside of glamorous teeth, but this is a Lotus forum and I have been to several times, and know enough people from NY to also know its not a good idea to .... argue.

Its a good thing that guns are illegal in the UK...... because I was just kidding !! OMG, ( don't shoot !!)

Comedy (ridicule) is meant to offend..... unless you have NO sense of humor.

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Its a good thing that guns are illegal in the UK...... because I was just kidding !! OMG, ( don't shoot !!)

Comedy (ridicule) is meant to offend..... unless you have NO sense of humor.
unless you have NO sense of humor.

is also a joke?

maybe my humor is darker than yours ;)

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
I can see an Anchorman style stand off happening next time all the car mags meet at a circuit 😆
Ultimately you have the ex boss/founder of EVO giving his opinion as someone who doesn't need to please ANYONE with his opinions on cars and doesn't really need to sell his channel and certainly not the magazine any more, against the guy he hired tot he magazine years ago.... who cannot say any of the above and needs to keep his job. Well now he does top gear USA maybe he doesnt and maybe just keep a high profile...
Either way, for the moment I like Harry more than ANY reviewer, Rory I also have time for..... the rest IMO I can take, but more likely leave.....
I like harris too yes, but still, I dislike top gear and hence hardly watch him there, but maybe make an exception for 10 mins this evening...

kratedisease

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Harry's garage told it like it is in his review . He is objective and fair. No fluff. No sugarcoating, and on the other hand..... no rotten egg smell.

(besides He is 100% British.....lives in a mansion,... on a huge massive classic estate.....has .tons of expensive toys....and has classic BAD BRITISH TEETH !! )

Screen Shot 2022-06-19 at 11.51.16 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-06-19 at 12.03.17 PM.png

Last edited:

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Ultimately you have the ex boss/founder of EVO giving his opinion as someone who doesn't need to please ANYONE with his opinions on cars and doesn't really need to sell his channel and certainly not the magazine any more, against the guy he hired tot he magazine years ago.... who cannot say any of the above and needs to keep his job. Well now he does top gear USA maybe he doesnt and maybe just keep a high profile...
Either way, for the moment I like Harry more than ANY reviewer, Rory I also have time for..... the rest IMO I can take, but more likely leave.....
I like harris too yes, but still, I dislike top gear and hence hardly watch him there, but maybe make an exception for 10 mins this evening...
Jethro, Frankel, Harris, Catchpole and Sutcliffe are all journalist legends in my eyes. I don't believe they would say anything they didn't believe.
A new Lotus like the Emira is going to be such an emotive thing, so I'm not suprised the reviews are polarised. We will all have to make our own minds up whether it's the Lotus for us

Last edited:

vision

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Jethro, Frankel, Harris and Sutcliffe are all legends journalist legends in my eyes. I don't believe they would say anything they didn't believe.
A new Lotus like the Emira is going to be such an emotive thing, so I'm not suprised the reviews are polarised. We will all have to make our own minds up whether it's the Lotus for us
Regardless of what happens on TG tonight I don't care, I bought into this a very long time ago and cannot wait. How your cars are going to be delivered / collected is what's next. Prizes for the most weird unloading / location video!!