• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Top Gear Photos with Chris Harris Track Testing

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Regardless of what happens on TG tonight I don't care, I bought into this a very long time ago and cannot wait. How your cars are going to be delivered / collected is what's next. Prizes for the most weird unloading / location video!!
I like this idea
I'm not bothered about Factory pick up, my local dealer isn't returning calls, so I'm all up for getting it delivered somewhere interesting 😅

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Jethro, Frankel, Harris and Sutcliffe are all journalist legends in my eyes. I don't believe they would say anything they didn't believe.
A new Lotus like the Emira is going to be such an emotive thing, so I'm not suprised the reviews are polarised. We will all have to make our own minds up whether it's the Lotus for us
maybe they all have different expectations, just as we do, but after those closing words from jethro, I wouldnt watch much else of his, that tone was for me just unpleasant and uncalled for, apart from the whole GT4 no permission to track crap he pulled.
As I have said before, there are ways to say something and ways to say something, neither way being sugar coating, but yes being upbeat and not downtrodden ..... oh well, we need to be realistic in what we expect and not expect something made for any one person individually or small group of enthusiasts, that wont keep them afloat. Lotus do not make the manual gear box and they can only do so much with it as well as the engine, and yet jethro and others expected some kind of brand new car from old parts bin and forgot it has to have a wide appeal.
Anyway... time to take the dogs out.... literally. I cant see you ending up in this car some how.... you are so on the fence, waiting to fall into a porsche, you may as well get on the autotrader site now. haha...
You wont be sad whatever you get I am sure....

mjw930

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
£20 says when EVO get a full sport spec car to re-review the outcome will be different though probably still not as glowing as Harry’s, and from the looks if it, Harris’ reviews because deep down I think Jethro wants it to be an Exige 410 replacement, not a modern sports car for the road.

If folks here want it to be a reborn Exige then please get your deposit refunds so those of use with different expectations can move up :cool:

kratedisease

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I think someone who bought and is paying for the car is the best one to review it..... not someone who is just asked their opinion.

I will accept criticism from owners who handed over their hard earned cash to LOTUS before I listen to any of these paid reviewers, looking for either click bait monetization or a magazine site looking for advertiser revenue.

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Harry's garage told it like it is in his review . He is objective and fair. No fluff. No sugarcoating, and on the other hand..... no rotten egg smell.

(besides He is 100% British.....lives in a mansion,....tons of expensive toys....and has classic BAD BRITISH TEETH !! )

View attachment 6607View attachment 6608
I dont see much wrong with them ... they are better than mine ;)

hes from a past generation and he doesnt care now I guess..and as a farmer, I doubt he ever did. I guess a cow or horse has knocked a few out over the years...

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
I think someone who bought and is paying for the car is the best one to review it..... not someone who is just asked their opinion.

I will accept criticism from owners who handed over their hard earned cash to LOTUS before I listen to any of these paid reviewers, looking for either click bait monetization or a magazine site looking for advertiser revenue.
Im sure I never will, but if I ever met harry, I would be asking his opinion on the Evo review... with all his connections and experience etc. I dont know why he sold / exited EVO ... maybe differences of opinion.... maybe they started to bend their reviews towards what the manufacturer wanted...or expected?
Harry has slagged off porsche a few times on the channel and yet he still gets their cars, quite surprising in a way....
And now, he finally owns one again...

Jonhklee

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Im sure I never will, but if I ever met harry, I would be asking his opinion on the Evo review... with all his connections and experience etc. I dont know why he sold / exited EVO ... maybe differences of opinion.... maybe they started to bend their reviews towards what the manufacturer wanted...or expected?
Harry has slagged off porsche a few times on the channel and yet he still gets their cars, quite surprising in a way....
And now, he finally owns one again...
To be fair, he has some flawed cars in his barn, but all of them collectible and worth a few bob. Cars don’t don’t have to be perfect 5/5, it just need to hit the right note in the heart of car collectors.

NSX, BMW Z8, BMW 8 series, most M-cars from 90s/00s, all Astons, all past Lotuses, every single SV Jaguars….. the list is endless. Nostalgia have a way of forgetting less favourable reviews….. current day flaws are future characters…. The only difference is 25 years to be precise. I wished I had kept some preciously flawed cars and have always wished I bought that manual NSX back in the 00s for £15k!! Not going to miss out on a future classic in the Emira, the only problem for me is which FE colour to choose!!
Oh, I wished I had ordered a GR Yaris too….. but there’s still time I guess

MCS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Are we still talking about British teeth?

1A181ADA-A027-4C9E-B9E3-371D1A620F63.gif

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
£20 says when EVO get a full sport spec car to re-review the outcome will be different though probably still not as glowing as Harry’s, and from the looks if it, Harris’ reviews because deep down I think Jethro wants it to be an Exige 410 replacement, not a modern sports car for the road.

If folks here want it to be a reborn Exige then please get your deposit refunds so those of use with different expectations can move up :cool:
Exactly this.
Based on not a great deal of Info from Lotus other than it would be 'For The Drivers' we all made our own assumptions about what this new Lotus would be like. I saw it as a true last Lotus ICE hoorah and was expecting the Sports Car equivalent of my Yaris. Jethros obvious disappointment meant he probably felt similar. Harry was probably thinking it would be a new Esprit ideal for road trips in comfort with some fun at the weekends on your local roads.
I wish they had called it the Esprit tbh would have spoke volumes about the nature of the car and would have been a nice historical tie back with the i4 cylinder

Jonhklee

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Exactly this.
Based on not a great deal of Info from Lotus other than it would be 'For The Drivers' we all made our own assumptions about what this new Lotus would be like. I saw it as a true last Lotus ICE hoorah and was expecting the Sports Car equivalent of my Yaris. Jethros obvious disappointment meant he probably felt similar. Harry was probably thinking it would be a new Esprit ideal for road trips in comfort with some fun at the weekends on your local roads.
I wish they had called it the Esprit tbh would have spoke volumes about the nature of the car and would have been a nice historical tie back with the i4 cylinder
I’m still flying the i4 flag…. #packlightforthedrive

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
Can someone kind enough summarize the review for those in the US after it plays later today? I don't know when will we get it here.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
The Top Gear Instagram account just posted this 2 minute preview clip of the upcoming Emira episode:

Also posted on the TG Facebook feed, if that's easier for some people to view.

Remember, they will have a DARK VERDANT car in the studio...

Last edited:

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Anyone see that redline? Looked like he hit 7k, not sure.
No, it's 6600 from what's showing on screen in the trailer. Surprising, as this is in Track mode so should be 6600+200

TG redline from trailer 2022-06-19.JPG