Reaction score
Posted by Top Gear as a teaser for this weekend's upcoming episode:

1655536963065.png

1655536973190.png

1655536981785.png

1655536988542.png

1655536994587.png

1655537002208.png

Article: https://www.topgear.com/car-news/top-gear-tv/new-top-gear-tv-hgv-heroes-and-lotus-emira-tested-track

So he is the only one driving the white car, so it could be a slightly different experience than the others, apart from the crappy weather.
One, Evo, say the gear change is not good..... poor even, another, autotrader, say it is great and never miss a shift......
could it be a bad batch evo's...
We will learn more tomorrow....
I dont like white much myself...

That car diffinately seems to be sitting 10 or 15 mm lowered than most Emira's I've seem.
The stance looks alot more aggressive, let's hope that's the height there'll start rolling out the factory🤞🏼

Bear in mind it was filmed back in March and the car is a validation prototype. It’s a similar spec to the white VP007 used for the “prototype” test reviews in March and April by TG and others. It’s not the same car. And it’s not the latest spec as seen in last week’s reviews.

Last edited:
It's not going to be a proper full review on Sunday anyway. Just Harris initial impressions with a lot of sideways. I'd say being an actual prototype and fimed in the wet will bode well for the best initial review possible.
Not saying Harris won't give the production car a glowing review in the dry, but you get the point.

<<==== I agree but been there, done that - happy with Hethel Yellow/Black Pack for my Emira..... ;)
Don't get me wrong I am totally happy with my current choice Hethel Yellow / Black Pack . But..... maybe just a thought as I love white cars :)

Maybe if white was a choice, there will be 80% of new FE coming on white , then I will be worried with my choice is the same like the others

Diversity is good 😂

Right from the beginning I was in for DV, and that's my order. I always loved British Racing Green from the old MG's, Jaguars, Bentleys, etc. DV isn't quite that shade, but I think it's going to look great.

If it's the validation prototype from a few months ago, Chris should love it. Like even in the written review by Jethro in Evo, he said the previous prototype had balanced on-limit behavior that was surprisingly better than the most recently reviewed cars.

So unless Chris got access to a recent car, his review shouldn't absolve the Emira of those most recent on-limit handling criticisms. I'm just wondering why their handling seemingly went backwards. It wasn't just Jethro either; many other reviews mention that in some way, like mentioning understeer, lacking front grip, lacking playfulness, or even as a positive like the super high amount of rear grip.

Last edited:
Can't help but wonder the same... is this a matter of prototype vs final version differences? alignment? Tour vs sport? Michelin vs GY? Or specific to the suspension and tire combination?!

Last edited:
The production validation car, VP007, was touring suspension with Goodyear tires and no ability to go into ESP off mode. EVO’s car was sport suspension, alignment and Goodyear tires and I assume he turned off all traction control. Apples and Oranges, it’s impossible to draw any conclusion other than this combo was not optimal. Stop trying to read more into it.

Though it does beg the question to Lotus, “if I order Goodyear tires with the Sport suspension does that change the alignment specs?”.