Top Gear Photos with Chris Harris Track Testing

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
It won't be the same system as the Evora, slightly different physical layout and different emissions specs to be met.

I wouldn't jump straight into it, particularly if you plan on tracking the car, as you may find it then won't pass noise tests at some circuits.

• Useful
Reactions: Pav

frazzer

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Do we know for sure that deleting the last Cat will improve the sound, not just louder, though that might be the same thing :)

Is it the exact same system used on the Evora and Exige before it?
I might wait until I see how it sounds when others have done it before committing on it.
I don't know tbh. Actually I don't want it to be any louder, just fruitier.

All the reviews are vague on this point, not clear if not sounding as good as the Evora means it is simply quieter, or has less character, rasp etc.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I'm not being negative and it was a great Chris Harris first impression.
But I think we need to be able to take a bit of criticism about the Emira, without thinking that anyone giving anything less than a glowing review has an agenda.
Actually I wasn't specifically referring to anyone in particular. I myself have leveled a few criticisms at Lotus, and even went so far as to show them up over their configurator by doing that myself.

A "bit of criticism" is perfectly natural and expected honestly. When that changes, is when it becomes incessant (usually from the same people) who keep saying the same criticisms over and over and over about the same things, and then get snippy if you try and offset it with something that may give an explanation that's different from "they're failing". I can say as the other side of your coin, that "I think we need to be able to take a bit of positivity about the Emira, without thinking that anyone saying anything positive is a fanboy with an agenda." CONSTRUCTIVE criticism is always welcome, and often quite useful. Constant harping about the same things, and being negative doesn't really help anyone.

As for you? You're the forum's beloved Mr. Grumpy Pants! What's not to like? :D

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Actually I wasn't specifically referring to anyone in particular. I myself have leveled a few criticisms at Lotus, and even went so far as to show them up over their configurator by doing that myself.

A "bit of criticism" is perfectly natural and expected honestly. When that changes, is when it becomes incessant (usually from the same people) who keep saying the same criticisms over and over and over about the same things, and then get snippy if you try and offset it with something that may give an explanation that's different from "they're failing". I can say as the other side of your coin, that "I think we need to be able to take a bit of positivity about the Emira, without thinking that anyone saying anything positive is a fanboy with an agenda." CONSTRUCTIVE criticism is always welcome, and often quite useful. Constant harping about the same things, and being negative doesn't really help anyone.

As for you? You're the forum's beloved Mr. Grumpy Pants! What's not to like? :D
😅 appreciate the love ❤️ But I wasn't aiming that one at me or anyone else on the forum this time around, just that we need to be objective about the reviews. Not just say they "are Porsche biased" "scared of marketing repurcussions" "have a hatred of all things square 😉" etc
There will be solutions for most of these gripes, so better to understand them and look at solutions 🙂

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
😅 appreciate the love ❤️ But I wasn't aiming that one at me or anyone else on the forum this time around, just that we need to be objective about the reviews. Not just say they "are Porsche biased" "scared of marketing repurcussions" "have a hatred of all things square 😉" etc
There will be solutions for most of these gripes, so better to understand them and look at solutions 🙂
I never expect a mass manufactured car to be EXACTLY what I want it to be. I've always modded every vehicle I've ever had. Wheels, intakes and exhaust are the usual 3 areas I change. What I look for is if the vehicle has all the other things that I can't create/change myself.

At the moment, I really can't see or think of anything about the Emira I would change, although I may feel differently once I have one and driven it awhile. The only thing that possibly stands out in my mind is the gear oil in the trans. Depending on what comes from the factory, I may change it to something more exotic and super slippery to improve the shift feel if the feel isn't something I'm crazy about. I'm coming from a 2010 Camaro SS with a 6 speed manual and a Hurst short throw shifter installed though, so shifting the Emira is going to have to be pretty rough for it to bother me.

I'm really looking forward to this car, and for the same reasons that Harry and Chris have shown in their reactions. In one word? Fun!

Mickle

Reaction score
For anyone who’s been under a rock, the video is now on YouTube:

It does appear to be slightly cut down though!

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
That's the 2 minute teaser rather than the full segment. Hopefully they'll publish the whole thing too.

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Signed up for a VPN trial to watch the damn episode of TopGear, thinking it was a 30 day trial before payment. Turns out it was 1 week, so I got charged $99 to watch a show in low quality, when instead I can just watch the clip of the Emira for free on here. THAT SUCKS!!! I have no other use for a VPN, what a waste.