The EmiraForum "The Hethel Arms" pub and chat

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Anyone doing anything exciting this weekend?
I will mostly be virtually cycling on Zwift in a moment, before going to the pub.
Tomorrow bit of work and then cleaning cars, gardening, diy.....
Sunday more biking in the AM and then polishing my driving shoes for Mondays test drive :love:

Mctaff

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I had the day off for my test drive and have just poured a glass of something sparkly. out with friends for dinner tomorrow. :)

... but I'll be spending most of the weekend surfing for Vantages and over analysing the likely benefit-risk ratio of buying and flipping!

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I had the day off for my test drive and have just poured a glass of something sparkly. out with friends for dinner tomorrow. :)

... but I'll be spending most of the weekend surfing for Vantages and over analysing the likely benefit-risk ratio of buying and flipping!
Enjoy.
I still don't think it's worth flipping, I will cancel mine if I don't like it on the test drive.
I think the cars will come thick and fast onto the used market soooon and settle at around 80-85k probably. We shall see though

Last edited:

Mctaff

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I can't see there being more than a handful UK used until Q2... have they even got 50 UK cars out yet? plus another couple of hundred per month?... so, maybe 600 UK cars by end of March... if 1% try and sell, that's a couple of used cars for sale per month... even if 5% sell, that's only 10 cars per month to skip an 18 month queue. Plenty of people with enough money to pay overs... if the car gets some follow up positive reviews sometime.... soooon.... and of course if the market doesn't collapse!

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Anyone doing anything exciting this weekend?
I will mostly be virtually cycling on Zwift in a moment, before going to the pub.
Tomorrow bit of work and then cleaning cars, gardening, diy.....
Sunday more biking in the AM and then polishing my driving shoes for Mondays test drive :love:

I'll be sitting in a visa office on Saturday morning trying to get my visa sorted for my impending business trip. Going with my daughter to Florence and the Machine at the O2 in the evening - she will sing along loudly! Sunday is our lovely Lotus owners breakfast meeting, with special guest Emira, then going to look at an Evora.

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I can't see there being more than a handful UK used until Q2... have they even got 50 UK cars out yet? plus another couple of hundred per month?... so, maybe 600 UK cars by end of March... if 1% try and sell, that's a couple of used cars for sale per month... even if 5% sell, that's only 10 cars per month to skip an 18 month queue. Plenty of people with enough money to pay overs... if the car gets some follow up positive reviews sometime.... soooon.... and of course if the market doesn't collapse!
I think you will see far more than 5% of cars delivered being put back up for sale within the next 12 months. However, once the next few years pass you will see less and less come up as they will inevitably end up in enthusiasts hands. Multiple reasons, mostly because flippers know to be first in first out in placing deposits and secondly many people that ordered blind without test drives may not like the vehicle. These two things together will see many Emira's in the re-sale market by next spring/summer I suspect.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I'll be sitting in a visa office on Saturday morning trying to get my visa sorted for my impending business trip. Going with my daughter to Florence and the Machine at the O2 in the evening - she will sing along loudly! Sunday is our lovely Lotus owners breakfast meeting, with special guest Emira, then going to look at an Evora.
That is a good mix for sure! Hope you sort the visa... been there and it is VERY rubbish.
Overall enjoy though 🍻

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I currently have money down as deposit or reservation on 5 vehicles.

- Emira
- 2nd Emira (assuming future, hotter version in ~2025)
- Cybertruck
- Rivian R1T
- Chevy Bolt

I decided to ask an AI to merge all of these into a single, perfect vehicle.

AF420E80-11FA-485B-9514-1414C2636006.jpeg

And the result? …

4826CAA7-CC89-4B63-B99C-0D99498133B8.jpeg

Apparently my dream car is the upcoming Corvette SUV.

Bartender, I’ll have another. 🍺

Edit: actually that last one isn’t far from a Lotus Eletre 🤔

6E73F951-CBFF-45CB-BF3C-500F07B90505.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Think of it more like a speakeasy than a pub … you have to know it’s behind that inconspicuous-looking door :)