• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

The EmiraForum "The Hethel Arms" pub and chat

JimH

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Can we have an “ignore thread” button please? 🤣

prestonc

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Starting this off-topic thread for forum members to chat while waiting for their cars.

This is for general chat. If you want to start a new thread about a new topic please go ahead. If you want to move the first few posts of a side conversation into that new thread please @ one of the moderators/admins and we will move them.
You have a garage @OUI131 ? Monday night's Halloween hooligans would worry the hell out of me!

JimH

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
You do realise by replying to it you've added it to your watched threads list? :)
Yes - I can unwatch (and probably will) but can’t ignore a thread to stop it appearing on the new posts page - which is my goto option on opening the forum…..

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Yes - I can unwatch (and probably will) but can’t ignore a thread to stop it appearing on the new posts page - which is my goto option on opening the forum…..
This! And it should work similar to the "ignore user" feature. :)

lion shf

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Be prepared for some of your more off beam posts to be moved into this one. With customer deliveries starting, we are seeing more members wanting to know about the cars. Threads getting filled up with off topic chat make it hard for people to follow the primary topic.

We generally apply light moderation on here and would appreciate people posting in the spirit of that. I also know we have some "characters" amongst our members and most people enjoy seeing people's personalities in their interactions on here. It's about having the right balance.
I got booted off C8 board for a week. I def learned the line

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I’ve already asked admins if that feature can be added 👍

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
so I was thinking, with interest rates for car buying reaching 10% and more.. there must be a business opportunity here...
I'll lend for 7.5 ;) but car in my name and a 30% deposit in cash.... unmarked notes..... :)

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
so I was thinking, with interest rates for car buying reaching 10% and more.. there must be a business opportunity here...
I'll lend for 7.5 ;) but car in my name and a 30% deposit in cash.... unmarked notes..... :)
I have a counter...
Let's buy one car between us and travel around the world fighting crime like Crockett and Tubbs in Miami Vice. Ur Tubbs obviously as you can't drive.. 😉

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
I have a counter...
Let's buy one car between us and travel around the world fighting crime like Crockett and Tubbs in Miami Vice. Ur Tubbs obviously as you can't drive.. 😉
You’re right I’m not a great driver. Black guy will always get the girls though ;). Cooler. And yes I could share a car

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
You’re right I’m not a great driver. Black guy will always get the girls though ;). Cooler. And yes I could share a car
This sounds like an epic plan being discussed in the best place 😉
I will take my chances as a handsome white man, I have no doubt you get the sexy south Americans though 😍🤩

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
This sounds like an epic plan being discussed in the best place 😉
I will take my chances as a handsome white man, I have no doubt you get the sexy south Americans though 😍🤩
Hence a road trip in the US … not many South Americans in the UK haha