The EmiraForum "The Hethel Arms" pub and chat

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Starting this off-topic thread for forum members to chat while waiting for their cars.

This is for general chat. If you want to start a new thread about a new topic please go ahead. If you want to move the first few posts of a side conversation into that new thread please @ one of the moderators/admins and we will move them.

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Oh sure, you SAY we're encouraged to have off-topic conversations, but then when I want to talk about climate change the thread gets immediately locked... 🙄😉

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Some topics you might talk about down the pub are not suitable for the forum, per the T&Cs - including politics and religion. So yes, some topics and individual posts will get deleted or locked. There are other forums where those topics are welcome to be discussed. 👍

Mctaff

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Some topics you might talk about down the pub are not suitable for the forum, per the T&Cs - including politics and religion. So yes, some topics and individual posts will get deleted or locked. There are other forums where those topics are welcome to be discussed. 👍

We seem to spend all day discussing lotus’ politics!!

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
LOL now you watch; @Leonard and @emiraspain who probably account for half the posts in the majority of threads, probably won't use this one at all.
I didnt even know it existed and it shall continue that way while I continue to infiltrate the regular "intelligent", "Informative" and "accurate" threads with my crap... while at the same time annoying the man from Toronto and the East midlands....I know where I would prefer to live..... although it was below freezing on May 3rd 2014 or so, when I was last in Toronto....!

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Oh sure, you SAY we're encouraged to have off-topic conversations, but then when I want to talk about climate change the thread gets immediately locked... 🙄😉
You don't wanna be THAT guy at the pub 🤣 🍻

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Can I post tons of C8 content here?
There is already a C8 thread but if you want to start another one in Off Topic that's possible. Bear in mind this is an Emira forum, so the existing thread has been allowed as it's a possible alternative to the Emira. Same with the Porsche threads and posts.

If it gets out of hand we reserve the right to ask you to take the discussion to a C8 forum or general car forum. Fair?

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I didnt even know it existed and it shall continue that way while I continue to infiltrate the regular "intelligent", "Informative" and "accurate" threads with my crap... while at the same time annoying the man from Toronto and the East midlands....I know where I would prefer to live..... although it was below freezing on May 3rd 2014 or so, when I was last in Toronto....!
Be prepared for some of your more off beam posts to be moved into this one. With customer deliveries starting, we are seeing more members wanting to know about the cars. Threads getting filled up with off topic chat make it hard for people to follow the primary topic.

We generally apply light moderation on here and would appreciate people posting in the spirit of that. I also know we have some "characters" amongst our members and most people enjoy seeing people's personalities in their interactions on here. It's about having the right balance.

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
haha, but I am sure she kept you warm during your visit :ROFLMAO: