The Big Trip

IanO

Reaction score
As third phone calls come in and production dates get confirmed delivery of your new Emira suddenly seems tantalisingly close. Who’s already planning their first big trip and what will it be?

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I'm having a bit of a wobble with a change of circumstances.
But if I can still make it all work, I'm off for a Covid tour of Europe Aug/Sept! 🌍

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
If I don't plan on getting out of the car for at least a week, does that count as one trip?

I'm hankering to get up north to Scotland and do the North Coast 500 or something... but my delivery is not likely to be until the weather has gotten cold again :(

EDIT: would also love to do a trip around Ireland again, but the idea of taking my new baby on narrow roads with stone walls either side gives me an ulcer!

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
If I don't plan on getting out of the car for at least a week, does that count as one trip?

I'm hankering to get up north to Scotland and do the North Coast 500 or something... but my delivery is not likely to be until the weather has gotten cold again :(
You could get some amazing weather in Scotland Sept - Nov!

• Useful
Reactions: ADC

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Ireland is booked end of July!! if Emira arrives in time (I've been told July!) it's going if not it will be a 21 year old Elise! Either will be great!! :)
Ooo Ireland is a good shout. That West Coast and then all way round South to Cork is amazing. Got me thinking now

Yachtie

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Ooo Ireland is a good shout. That West Coast and then all way round South to Cork is amazing. Got me thinking now
Won't be able to do the whole West Coast as sailing in Cork, but will do a bit of it!!

Yachtie

Emira Fan
Reaction score

EDIT: would also love to do a trip around Ireland again, but the idea of taking my new baby on narrow roads with stone walls either side gives me an ulcer!
Did Scotland in the Elise last May it's brilliant but to be honest the 500 is over-rated (so many campervans etc.) there are so many better areas, West Coast and Islands for instance.

OP
I

IanO

Reaction score
I’m thinking best of Britain - Peak District, Yorkshire dales, Pennines, Northumberland up to the Cairngorms, back down through the lakes and north wales.

PhilCP

Reaction score
If u haven't done it before round as far as Dingle would be great

Not been down to the west coast of Ireland but would like to.
Any particular routes you'd recommend, must do roads?

OP
I

IanO

Reaction score
This is one of the quickest routes home from the dealer for me, and just so happens to also be one of the best driving roads in the country. Not quite a "big trip" but well worth the extra 10 mins on the journey!

https://www.evo.co.uk/features/14421/old-military-road-scotland-ultimate-driving-destinations
That’s ideally where I’m aiming for. I drove it summer 2020 in the brief period between lockdowns and it is a fantastic road.

It might not be a big trip for you but it should be big fun to drive and is a welcome addition to the post👍

Yachtie

Emira Fan
Reaction score
This is one of the quickest routes home from the dealer for me, and just so happens to also be one of the best driving roads in the country. Not quite a "big trip" but well worth the extra 10 mins on the journey!

https://www.evo.co.uk/features/14421/old-military-road-scotland-ultimate-driving-destinations
Yup did that one and just fab! You are very lucky with the roads up there, we will be up there regularly after last years 3200 mile trip in the Elise as a scouting mission! Our stop offs in the attached!.

Attachments

• F336CE8F-911B-4FBE-B734-8821A1A4E3FB.jpeg
    F336CE8F-911B-4FBE-B734-8821A1A4E3FB.jpeg
    340.8 KB · Views: 49

scoates

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Yup did that one and just fab! You are very lucky with the roads up there, we will be up there regularly after last years 3200 mile trip in the Elise as a scouting mission! Our stop offs in the attached!.

Wow, that's a heck of a trip, looks brilliant! I've done a few of the roads, but even living so close, never been north of Inverness! That will change once the Emira arrives for sure though.

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I am planning to join a few of you in The Isle of Man all the way from Spain with the wheel on the wrong side if my Emira gets delivered in July, beginning Aug: might do pit stop at Hethel for oil change !

LotusAmateur

Reaction score
Wow! That is a lot of great ideas. NC500, Best of Britain, Ireland - and best, sounds like lots of this forum to grab coffee/ a pint along the way. Now, just need to plan ...