North American Emira Problem Thread

Blackthought_

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Think this this might be related to the water? After reading several threads and posts it seems water is the cause of most of what we are dealing with. Take the heater resistor. I think it is the weak link in the system, so that is what is failing first, but the water intrusion is the main cause. In another thread I was reading water was getting to the ECU and I think O2 sensors...I think he had one replaced like three times and a new ECU fix it. All due to water (I believe rear hatch area).

In the A/C issue thread there is one guy in the UK the dealer has installed basically a gutter to keep the water out of the HVAC unit...under the hood. It is a pretty recent post, so it is easy to find. This is what I hope is being relayed to other dealers here in the US so we can get it implemented ASAP...otherwise the cars may have corrosion and electrical issues.

My build date is same as yours...absolutely nuts these issues not resolved before now. I am waiting to get mine back and share what's going on to maybe help others here out. Car has now been at the dealer more than in my garage, 3 weeks and counting.
Yeah I think it’s related to the water. Had it parked in the driveway and it unexpectedly poured over night too so in addition to my car wash it def got wet last night.

But yes also crazy that it’s occurring so I gotta believe that they’ll be a fix from lotus to water proof these things

seriously

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Agree with this but it’s mind boggling. How could waterproofing not be part of road testing the car? Plenty of rest cars have been driven through the rain. They must have come across this before releasing…