Problems of my 2024 Emira FE

LastICE

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hi All, I am new the forum and thank you for having me here.

I picked up my Magma Red Emira FE on 4/20 from Boardwalk Lotus (supposedly the 1st one rolled out their lot, I waited 30 month since I placed my $5K deposit) and I have complied of list of problems I have encountered so far. Please see photos in this thread. I will be dropping off my car tomorrow to have the dealer to look into these issues and I will come back to give everyone an update thereafter.

Please take look at the yours to see if you have the same fit problems, it was really hard for me to notice. Thank God for my buddy who wrap my entire car with PPF clear film who caught these issues while wrapping the car. Hopefully you have better luck than me. :)

some other issues are not mentioned in the pictures:

1. When first start the car, press window down toggle, the window will reach the bottom and automatically rolled up. This will happen 2-3 times before it won't come back up again.

2. Apple car play intermediate connection problem - 4 of 10 times won't connect and I would have to turn off the engine and wait like 4-5 minutes then start again to fix this issue.

Emira problem 02.jpg
Emira problem 03.jpg
emira problem 04.jpg
Emira problem 05.jpg
Emira problem 06.JPG
Emira problem 01.jpg

As far as the bumper edges sticking out, I also have similar fitment like your photos but I think that's perfectly normal. My prior 2019 and 2021 Civic Type Rs also had fitment discrepancies on the front and rear bumper. For me, this is not a problem enough to raise it with the dealer or Lotus corporate.

For wireless Carplay, I've had wireless Carplay issues here and there. To resolve it, after starting the car and realizing it will not connect (seems to be about 25% of the time), I go into my iPhone > settings > general > carplay > Emira > and I toggle Carplay off, then back on, and it fixes the problem every time, no vehicle restart required.

Last edited:
As far as the bumper edges sticking out, I have also have similar fitment like your photos but I think that's perfectly normal. My prior 2019 and 2021 Civic Type Rs also had fitment discrepancies on the front and rear bumper. For me, this is not a problem enough to raise it with the dealer or Lotus corporate.

For wireless Carplay, I've had wireless Carplay issues here and there. To resolve it, after starting the car and realizing it will not connect (seems to be about 25% of the time), I go into my iPhone > settings > general > carplay > Emira > and I toggle Carplay off, then back on, and it fixes the problem every time, no vehicle restart required.
Good to know on the Carplay feedback, I will try your fix next time. Thank you for sharing.

I have a cable plugged into the usb and if CarPlay won’t connect I plug the cable in to the phone and that then makes the car play start… I can then disconnect the cable.

#1 (window) happened to me for the first time today.

#2 Android Auto connects without issue. But, occasionally drops connection (usually at the most inopportune moment of navigation 😜). Takes about 30 Seconds to reconnect.

Fit and finish on mine is excellent 👌

My panels don’t line up 100% in 3 spots/edges but it’s quite close and my detailer reminded me today that even McLarens are known for poor alignment. He didn’t see an issue and works on a ton of high-end vehicles. That said, you decide if you raise it with your dealer to see if Lotus will approve realignment work.

Window: I've not had this issue. Sounds like something the dealer will have to look into; might just need a window reset.

Apple CarPlay: I've noticed it is intermittent connecting wireless; I just plug my phone into the USB port in the back of the center console compartment when I first get in the car, and everything works fine.

The notice about the SOS warning: this unit has a separate battery, and it just has to charge. Mine did the same thing. Drive the car around for a couple of days and that will go away.

Engine covers: Try removing and replacing the engine covers, making sure they snap down into place. Looks like the one side isn't snapped down.

Tail light housings: You'll have to have the dealer look at that. Probably just needs adjustment.

Rear bumper housing: Mine looks almost exactly like yours, and on the same side, except mine doesn't stick out quite as far. That too is an adjustment the dealer can make. Requires removing the wheel and wheel well liner if you want to look at it yourself.

Rear right turn signal fault: That's probably connected to the tail light housing misalignment. A dealer adjustment.

4,000 RPM check engine warning: You're in Track Mode. Have you passed the 1,000 mile break-in period? If not, you're not supposed to be in Track (or Sport) Mode until after you've passed the 1,000 mile break-in period. Put it back in Tour Mode; they may have something in the ECU/software that's putting a limit on things until the 1,000 mile mark.

You have several issues that are going to need dealer service involvement, so just give them your list and let them sort it out under warranty. The only one they don't need to do anything about is the SOS warning.

My panels don’t line up 100% in 3 spots/edges but it’s quite close and my detailer reminded me today that even McLarens are known for poor alignment. He didn’t see an issue and works on a ton of high-end vehicles. That said, you decide if you raise it with your dealer to see if Lotus will approve realignment work.
I just dropped off the car yesterday, and the service tech mentioned that the rear bumper alignment is normal. He said, "It happens on all the US Emira." To be honest, I am not sure how to respond to that comment. I think I can only accept the fact that it isn't perfect. The rear right engine vent fender loose issue is something he has not seem before and he said they can fix that part.

More updates to come later on the other issues. stay tuned.

Window: I've not had this issue. Sounds like something the dealer will have to look into; might just need a window reset.

Apple CarPlay: I've noticed it is intermittent connecting wireless; I just plug my phone into the USB port in the back of the center console compartment when I first get in the car, and everything works fine.

The notice about the SOS warning: this unit has a separate battery, and it just has to charge. Mine did the same thing. Drive the car around for a couple of days and that will go away.

Engine covers: Try removing and replacing the engine covers, making sure they snap down into place. Looks like the one side isn't snapped down.

Tail light housings: You'll have to have the dealer look at that. Probably just needs adjustment.

Rear bumper housing: Mine looks almost exactly like yours, and on the same side, except mine doesn't stick out quite as far. That too is an adjustment the dealer can make. Requires removing the wheel and wheel well liner if you want to look at it yourself.

Rear right turn signal fault: That's probably connected to the tail light housing misalignment. A dealer adjustment.

4,000 RPM check engine warning: You're in Track Mode. Have you passed the 1,000 mile break-in period? If not, you're not supposed to be in Track (or Sport) Mode until after you've passed the 1,000 mile break-in period. Put it back in Tour Mode; they may have something in the ECU/software that's putting a limit on things until the 1,000 mile mark.

You have several issues that are going to need dealer service involvement, so just give them your list and let them sort it out under warranty. The only one they don't need to do anything about is the SOS warning.
You're the man Eagel7! Thank you for taking the time to respond and share your knowledge, super helpful!

This is not the case and should not throw a CEL.

sos warning at least on UK cars was sorted with software updates as i had the same issue on mine from delivery.
Do you have a TSB that you can share? I’ve been told US does not have an fix yet so perhaps UK is slight ahead of US with software updates

Do you have a TSB that you can share? I’ve been told US does not have an fix yet so perhaps UK is slight ahead of US with software updates
When I contacted my dealer's service department about this, he said there's a separate battery for the SOS function which does not charge if you have the car on a battery tender, or simply charge the main battery. You have to drive around long enough for the car's charging system to charge the SOS battery unit. He recommended a couple of days, which I was going to do anyways, and the warning notice and light went away. That's been a month ago and it hasn't come back.

I just dropped off the car yesterday, and the service tech mentioned that the rear bumper alignment is normal. He said, "It happens on all the US Emira." To be honest, I am not sure how to respond to that comment. I think I can only accept the fact that it isn't perfect. The rear right engine vent fender loose issue is something he has not seem before and he said they can fix that part.

More updates to come later on the other issues. stay tuned.
Well then the service tech should be familiar with adjusting that side of the rear bumper and fixing it. I'm going to do it myself on mine. The other side that's aligned correctly squeaks if you even slightly press up against it, so that tells me it's loose. I've been holding off doing anything like this until after the first 1,000 miles break-in period, in case there were any issues that cropped up requiring a visit to the dealer. I'm at 723 miles and so far so good, so it looks like I'll be able to take care of this at the same time I do the oil change. I'll take some photos and document what it takes and post it.

Hi All, I am new the forum and thank you for having me here.

I picked up my Magma Red Emira FE on 4/20 from Boardwalk Lotus (supposedly the 1st one rolled out their lot, I waited 30 month since I placed my $5K deposit) and I have complied of list of problems I have encountered so far. Please see photos in this thread. I will be dropping off my car tomorrow to have the dealer to look into these issues and I will come back to give everyone an update thereafter.

Please take look at the yours to see if you have the same fit problems, it was really hard for me to notice. Thank God for my buddy who wrap my entire car with PPF clear film who caught these issues while wrapping the car. Hopefully you have better luck than me. :)

some other issues are not mentioned in the pictures:

1. When first start the car, press window down toggle, the window will reach the bottom and automatically rolled up. This will happen 2-3 times before it won't come back up again.

2. Apple car play intermediate connection problem - 4 of 10 times won't connect and I would have to turn off the engine and wait like 4-5 minutes then start again to fix this issue.

View attachment 45525View attachment 45526View attachment 45527View attachment 45528View attachment 45529View attachment 45524
I just got my car back from the dealership yesterday. Here is an update: My dealer has identified the problems and fixed all of them. Technician notes are in the attached image for your reference. I hope it will help if you come across similar issues.

Attachments

• Emira issue before and after 06.jpg
    Emira issue before and after 06.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 158
  • Emira issue before and after 05.jpg
    Emira issue before and after 05.jpg
    233.8 KB · Views: 154
  • Emira issue before and after 04.jpg
    Emira issue before and after 04.jpg
    272.5 KB · Views: 151
  • Emira issue before and after 03.jpg
    Emira issue before and after 03.jpg
    193.3 KB · Views: 151
  • Emira issue before and after 02.jpg
    Emira issue before and after 02.jpg
    198.1 KB · Views: 150
  • Emira issue before and after 01.jpg
    Emira issue before and after 01.jpg
    208.3 KB · Views: 147
  • Emira issue before and after 07.jpg
    Emira issue before and after 07.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 146
  • emira issue before and after 08.jpg
    emira issue before and after 08.jpg
    350.2 KB · Views: 141
  • Emira issue before and after 09.jpg
    Emira issue before and after 09.jpg
    354.1 KB · Views: 155
I have the same issue with the foam on the tail lights, glad they are taking care of everything

@LastICE great contribution to the community! It seems like many of the issues were not following the order of operations on install- like legos. Glad they could fix.

@LastICE great contribution to the community! It seems like many of the issues were not following the order of operations on install- like legos. Glad they could fix.
@seriously thank you! I just hope these issues and feedback actually gets back to the factory floor for Lotus to come up with a proper corrective action so it does not happen with other future Emira owners.

Sure seems like the back end of your car was built on a Friday at 4:45pm! Glad the dealer was able to re-fit all those pieces properly.