Collection Thursday 22nd June

Joel

Emira Fan
Reaction score
So, after a long wait (my car was built in March) getting PPF sorted, I'm finally collecting my car from the factory this Thursday in the morning.

Is there anything anyone wants me to keep an eye out for during the tour? Any questions to ask?

Questions from this thread:
* What happened to Lotus Advanced Performance and the upgrades they were teasing?
* What happened to the Bespoke Emira Program they announced before?
* What problems are they aware of and how are they fixing the known issues?
* When will i4 demos be provided to the automotive press and when will deliveries commence outside of China?
* When will i4 test drives for punters be available
* Will all i4 models have the ADAS module?
* When will Base Edition configurator launch?
* Any information on when the type 135?
* When will North America FE 2.0 allocations be released to Dealers?
* When will prices be released for I4 North America?
* Any update on certification for North America?

Last edited:

Drlonline

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
So, after a long wait (my car was built in March) getting PPF sorted, I'm finally collecting my car from the factory this Thursday in the morning.

Is there anything anyone wants me to keep an eye out for during the tour? Any questions to ask?
A couple:
* When will i4 demos be provided to the automotive press and when will deliveries commence outside of China?
* Any update on certification for North America?

DJManc

Reaction score

It would be good to get some clarification on wether all the i4 models will have the ugly ADAS sensor on the front grill or not? It really seems to spoil the look of the car from the examples I have seen so far!

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

When will North America FE 2.0 allocations be released to Dealers?
When will Base Edition configurator launch?
Thanks for offering to inquire.

Robbierob

Emira Fan
Reaction score
It would be interesting to know if Lotus is aware of all the problems and if the problems are fixed with the current production of the cars.

OP
Joel

Joel

Emira Fan
Reaction score
It would be interesting to know if Lotus is aware of all the problems and if the problems are fixed with the current production of the cars.
Given I'm collecting my car, this is probably top of the list of suggestions so far for me 😅

I will definitely see what I can find out about the i4 since there seems to be a theme here!

Will take a note of all the questions before I head in, so keep 'em coming

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score

Good to hear! What was your spec again?

OP
Joel

Joel

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Good to hear! What was your spec again?
Show car spec! (I'm a sucker)

So,
Seneca blue with upper black pack
Yellow callipers with diamond cut
Alcantara with yellow stitch and alcantara wheel
Manual and tour suspension

Then I've had a "track pack" style PPF applied, but customised a little as I wanted the whole roof and A pillar covered.

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

Thanks for doing this! Can you ask them when customers will be able to order an Emira through their "bespoke Emira program" that they announced a year & a half ago?

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Show car spec! (I'm a sucker)

So,
Seneca blue with upper black pack
Yellow callipers with diamond cut
Alcantara with yellow stitch and alcantara wheel
Manual and tour suspension

Then I've had a "track pack" style PPF applied, but customised a little as I wanted the whole roof and A pillar covered.
Exactly the same spec as mine but mine is auto, my car is a May build and I’ve had no issues what so ever, still early days thou.

What I will repeat is the car is so much better in the flesh and a real head turner and gets so much attention.

I’ve had a lot of porkers down the years but have never seen a reaction to a car like this 🫡

Good luck on Thursday I’m excited for you.

virtualmacho

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I know this isn't about the EMIRA, but any information about the Type 135 sportscar would be appreciated. Hope you have a blast!

OP
Joel

Joel

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Exactly the same spec as mine but mine is auto, my car is a May build and I’ve had no issues what so ever, still early days thou.

What I will repeat is the car is so much better in the flesh and a real head turner and gets so much attention.

I’ve had a lot of porkers down the years but have never seen a reaction to a car like this 🫡

Good luck on Thursday I’m excited for you.
That's comforting to know to be honest, though I wonder if they resolved some issues in April that might still plague my car 👀

This is my fourth car (though through family I have access to others) and a massive step up from anything I've personally owned before, number 3 being the blue Mustang in my profile pic, the Mustang felt like it got a lot of looks to me, maybe it was the colour 🤷‍♂️

I'm guessing this will be similar to the reaction people have to caterhams, you can't go anywhere in that without someone talking to you and taking pics!

OP
Joel

Joel

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I know this isn't about the EMIRA, but any information about the Type 135 sportscar would be appreciated. Hope you have a blast!
This is a great question, maybe one day we will all have the the 135 alongside our Emiras

OP
Joel

Joel

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Thanks for doing this! Can you ask them when customers will be able to order an Emira through their "bespoke Emira program" that they announced a year & a half ago?
Yep, I can see if I can work that in! I think I'll also ask what happened to the advanced performance division. I had heard there would be a bunch of approved aftermarket accessories coming from them by end of April, but, tumbleweed!

OP
Joel

Joel

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Just got to my hotel in Norwich, excited for tomorrow morning. Have collated all of the questions so far into the first post. I'll try and work these into conversation where possible and report back!
If the factory is full of i4s that shouldn't be too hard, will pretend I have a north american friend who's after one ;)

Drlonline

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Just got to my hotel in Norwich, excited for tomorrow morning. Have collated all of the questions so far into the first post. I'll try and work these into conversation where possible and report back!
If the factory is full of i4s that shouldn't be too hard, will pretend I have a north american friend who's after one ;)
Thanks for doing this for us. And try to get some sleep tonight, though that may be hard with the anticipation for tomorrow.

Aero

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hopefully there is a different tour guide for your collection factory tour than for the track school. When I was there two weeks ago our tour guide was a manufacturing engineer from the Norwich parts factory (was still a good guide) there to help out on loan. He was knowledgeable on the factory and build process but any probing questions he either didnt know or wouldnt comment on.
I asked similar questions and didn't get much other than he didn't know.

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hopefully there is a different tour guide for your collection factory tour than for the track school. When I was there two weeks ago our tour guide was a manufacturing engineer from the Norwich parts factory (was still a good guide) there to help out on loan. He was knowledgeable on the factory and build process but any probing questions he either didnt know or wouldnt comment on.
I asked similar questions and didn't get much other than he didn't know.
A shame he didn't promise to locate someone who would know the information..
Customer service seems to be a lost art