North America Emira Experiences

K_Squared

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hi All,

Now that Emiras are actively being delivered in North America, I figured we should have a thread to document our post-delivery experiences enjoying the Emira.

Since today is my first full day of ownership after getting home with the car late last night and it's been pouring rain all day, I thought I'd start with a picture of my little Emira (which means "Princess" in Arabic) in my brand new Emira!

Being just over 2 years old, she calls it daddy's "Lotus" or when she's feeling more affectionate, daddy's "princess car" .

Let the experiences begin!

Attachments

• IMG_2365(1).JPEG
    IMG_2365(1).JPEG
    195.6 KB · Views: 341
  • IMG_2363(1).JPEG
    IMG_2363(1).JPEG
    149.1 KB · Views: 229

4380r

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Hi All,

Now that Emiras are actively being delivered in North America, I figured we should have a thread to document our post-delivery experiences enjoying the Emira.

Since today is my first full day of ownership after getting home with the car late last night and it's been pouring rain all day, I thought I'd start with a picture of my little Emira (which means "Princess" in Arabic) in my brand new Emira!

Being just over 2 years old, she calls it daddy's "Lotus" or when she's feeling more affectionate, daddy's "princess car" .

Is the binky on the dashboard an FE feature?

OP
K_Squared

K_Squared

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I was lucky enough to have a proper go at one today and the shift knob's engraving nearly broke my skin.
What were they thinking!
Interesting...I wonder if there are variances in the shifter. Mine feels quite smooth and comfortable. I can't imagine it doing that but I'll pay more attention today now that it's SUNNY in Raleigh!

Sjetware

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Driving around town yesterday to pick up some odds and ends, and a BMW 4 series rolls up in the next lane - I'm doing a gentleman's 60 mph (which is already a tad over the limit for this particular road) and the BMW is obviously interested in getting a ticket.

That said, I can see him cleaning his entire neck out the drivers window to look at my car as he slows down next to me, and then resumes his date with destiny shortly thereafter.

Unsure if it's people "in the know" that would understand how rare it is to spot one on American roads now, a fan of the brand, or someone who thinks my magma red is a Ferrari, but I really need to get my dash cam installed!

Maurice R

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Just got home, drove 355 miles between yesterday afternoon and now.
Overall an awesome car.
Zero issues
Very comfortable just need to figure out best seat position for me.
Steering wheel I think is great. Great feel. Only issue for me was the buttons they I found were very sensitive
Tour mode really good.
Sport excellent
Did not go over 4K rpm. But still managed on interstate to get up to 114 mph. Radar detector save me a good few times.
CarPlay works great.
Sport suspension excellent. Less rough than my Evora
Car right now is tight but I’m sure it will improve a lot.
I’m sure there will be many others with much more detail with their driving experience.
There is a lot of things I need to still figure out with all the different setting.
I’m not a sound person but KEF was imo very good.
Here are some pictures

Attachments

• IMG_0611.jpeg
    IMG_0611.jpeg
    593.5 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_0615.jpeg
    IMG_0615.jpeg
    612 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_0616.jpeg
    IMG_0616.jpeg
    517.7 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_0607.jpeg
    IMG_0607.jpeg
    534.8 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_0619.jpeg
    IMG_0619.jpeg
    661.4 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_0628.jpeg
    IMG_0628.jpeg
    600.3 KB · Views: 175

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Overall an awesome car.
Zero issues
Steering wheel I think is great. Great feel. Only issue for me was the buttons they I found were very sensitive
Tour mode really good.
Sport excellent
Did not go over 4K rpm. But still managed on interstate to get up to 114 mph. Radar detector save me a good few times.
CarPlay works great.
I’m sure there will be many others with much more detail with their driving experience.
There is a lot of things I need to still figure out with all the different setting.
Here are some pictures
Keep it coming.

Maurice R

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I could drive this car as a daily driver.
It’s that good. Long distance comfort was very good as well.
When wife does not complain about comfort then all is good.
She loves the car and happy I waited so long to get it.
This is by far the one of the best sports cars I have owned. Was smiling from ear to ear
Had a few people taking videos while driving. People honking. Being asked at gas station what car is that 😊

Maurice R

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Hi All,

Thanks for starting this thread

Emirahouston

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Overall an awesome car.
Zero issues
Tour mode really good.
Sport excellent
CarPlay works great.
Here are some pictures
Looks great!👍

OP
K_Squared

K_Squared

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I was going to the gym tonight and noticed a bunch of cars with their hoods up in the back of the huge lot (it was late and empty). I decided to go say hi so I pulled up in my Emira and was swarmed by at least 15-20 18-24ish year olds and several knew about the Emira and were all but freaking out to see it.

I gave it one good rev for them and they ate it up. They all were like "THIS IS A SUPERCAR MAN" so I guess in their opinion, it is :)

Was a fun experience.

EZcheezy

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I wonder if im going to actually see an Emira on the street before I get my own in ~5 months

GrahamClark_60-68

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Overall an awesome car.
Zero issues
Tour mode really good.
Sport excellent
CarPlay works great.
Here are some pictures
Just stunning, from every angle! Congrats!

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hi All,

Does it count if I frequently open the door to my garage to check if my Emira is still parked there? Verifying it isn't some 32-month wait induced mirage?
Some might say it's a confirmation bias.
I'm saying it was 'worth the wait.'
#For the Owner

ttvetdoc

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Having now put 300 miles on my Emira over the past 2 days - I am still in love! I'm very pleased with the touring suspension and have no regrets there. It definitely feels 'special' every time I get in and drive the car. I'm also loving the alcantara steering wheel which I was unsure about when ordering. Overall, couldn't be happier. Looks absolutely stunning and all of the attention has been positive. Now to work on my heel-toe down shifting....

Maurice R

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Does it count if I frequently open the door to my garage to check if my Emira is still parked there? Verifying it isn't some 32-month wait induced mirage?
Some might say it's a confirmation bias.
I'm saying it was 'worth the wait.'
#For the Owner
NO I do the same 😊

OP
K_Squared

K_Squared

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Having now put 300 miles on my Emira over the past 2 days - I am still in love! I'm very pleased with the touring suspension and have no regrets there. It definitely feels 'special' every time I get in and drive the car. I'm also loving the alcantara steering wheel which I was unsure about when ordering. Overall, couldn't be happier. Looks absolutely stunning and all of the attention has been positive. Now to work on my heel-toe down shifting....
Glad the alcantara worked out for you. I recall you were on the fence about that. I'm also really happy with it. Gives it that extra special feeling since I've never had an alcantara wheel before.

Monday was a bit surreal experiencing the new 'normal' just hitting the gym on a sunny day in Raleigh:

IMG_2380.JPEG

And yesterday, I was out and about...you know...just grabbing some stuff from Home Depot:

IMG_2405.JPEG

Today, filling her up with gas:

IMG_2411(1).JPEG

The Emira makes the mundane, dull errands seem like photo ops at every corner :)

Sjetware

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I've already had two neighbors come over to start conversations in my drive way already, and I swear my next door neighbor is advertising finding fresh faces to bring by - I think he's even more excited to spread the word that I have the car than I am!