North America Emira Experiences

showtime

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Glad the alcantara worked out for you. I recall you were on the fence about that. I'm also really happy with it. Gives it that extra special feeling since I've never had an alcantara wheel before.

Monday was a bit surreal experiencing the new 'normal' just hitting the gym on a sunny day in Raleigh:

View attachment 38800
And yesterday, I was out and about...you know...just grabbing some stuff from Home Depot:

View attachment 38801
Today, filling her up with gas:

View attachment 38802

The Emira makes the mundane, dull errands seem like photo ops at every corner :)
How many sheets of plywood can you strap to the roof?

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Glad the alcantara worked out for you. I recall you were on the fence about that. I'm also really happy with it. Gives it that extra special feeling since I've never had an alcantara wheel before.

Monday was a bit surreal experiencing the new 'normal' just hitting the gym on a sunny day in Raleigh:

View attachment 38800
And yesterday, I was out and about...you know...just grabbing some stuff from Home Depot:

View attachment 38801
Today, filling her up with gas:

View attachment 38802

The Emira makes the mundane, dull errands seem like photo ops at every corner :)

Brave man taking that into the Home Depot lot! Not sure about yours, but mine is filled with rouge carts and nails. 😬

ttvetdoc

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I just had the Milltek 3rd cat delete pipe and exhaust valve controller installed today. Was in heavy traffic for 45 minutes on the drive home, but so far I absolutely love it! Just keeping the valve in OEM/factory mode (button 3) - the exhaust has a slightly louder and deeper tone. Nothing obnoxious at all. If you want to be stealth coming into your neighborhood or early morning, button 2 closes the valve and makes the car sound similar to without the 3rd cat delete pipe. Button 1 opens the valves completely and even at idle you can tell the difference. Again - even under load, it just sounds good! No crazy backfires and things you just don't want with this kind of car.

If the factory exhaust is just not doing it for you I completely recommend my setup. The 3 buttons give you complete customization over how your exhaust sounds at any given moment.

Last edited:
OP
K_Squared

K_Squared

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I just had the Milltek 3rd cat delete pipe and exhaust valve controller installed today. Was in heavy traffic for 45 minutes on the drive home, but so far I absolutely love it! Just keeping the valve in OEM/factory mode (button 3) - the exhaust has a slightly louder and deeper tone. Nothing obnoxious at all. If you want to be stealth more coming into your neighborhood or early morning, button 2 closes the valve and makes the car sound similar to without the 3rd cat delete pipe. Button 1 opens the valves completely and even at idle you can tell the difference. Again - even under loud, it just sounds good! No crazy backfires and things you just don't want with this kind of car.

If the factory exhaust is just not doing it for you I completely recommend my setup. The 3 buttons give you complete customization over how your exhaust sounds at any given moment.
Thank you for the added feedback. I have both ready to rock and plan to install them on Tuesday in Virginia at my brother's shop. I particularly appreciate the notes about the no backfires/crazy pops. I'm looking forward to getting them installed.

Oh, and I took my wife out on a drive today on some backroads around Raleigh and logged another ~150 miles so I'm now at 517 total. Had the grandparents watch the kids and I still have almost two weeks of paternity leave left :)

Lastly, who says the Emira can't be a grocery-getter??

1710464060403.jpeg

Emirahouston

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I just had the Milltek 3rd cat delete pipe and exhaust valve controller installed today. Was in heavy traffic for 45 minutes on the drive home, but so far I absolutely love it! Just keeping the valve in OEM/factory mode (button 3) - the exhaust has a slightly louder and deeper tone. Nothing obnoxious at all. If you want to be stealth coming into your neighborhood or early morning, button 2 closes the valve and makes the car sound similar to without the 3rd cat delete pipe. Button 1 opens the valves completely and even at idle you can tell the difference. Again - even under load, it just sounds good! No crazy backfires and things you just don't want with this kind of car.

Where did you get them installed? What kind of shop?

Emirahouston

Emira Fan
Reaction score
It's a local independent performance shop. The mechanic owns an Evora (and tracks it) and is very familiar with the Lotus brand. I'm fortunate to have the shop close to me.
Nice ! That’s convenient! It’s looking like I’m gonna have to do the valve controller install myself because obviously nobody around me is just gonna know how to do it so they more than likely won’t agree to do it

whupwhup

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
It's a local independent performance shop. The mechanic owns an Evora (and tracks it) and is very familiar with the Lotus brand. I'm fortunate to have the shop close to me.
No impact on warranty? That’s my main concern.

DPB

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

View attachment 38868

Hey! I know that store! I haven't driven the Emira over there yet, but I imagine the cart wranglers will be pretty surprised to have TWO of these cars show up in rapid succession!

Citizen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Thank you for the added feedback. I have both ready to rock and plan to install them on Tuesday in Virginia at my brother's shop. I particularly appreciate the notes about the no backfires/crazy pops. I'm looking forward to getting them installed.

Oh, and I took my wife out on a drive today on some backroads around Raleigh and logged another ~150 miles so I'm now at 517 total. Had the grandparents watch the kids and I still have almost two weeks of paternity leave left :)

View attachment 38868
[/QUOTE

View attachment 38868

For one moment I thought you stole my car 😅

OP
K_Squared

K_Squared

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Let the fun begin! As of right now, after actually opening up this car a bit, I don't see any need for power increases. She pulls hard and I think adding more power would only reduce my confidence with the car. This opinion may change as the weeks and months go on but for now, the Emira has plenty enough power to wow passengers and have boatloads of fun.

Attachments

• IMG_2537(1).JPEG
    IMG_2537(1).JPEG
    189.6 KB · Views: 92

zoomdaddy

Reaction score
Road-tripped the car from Dallas to Hill Country outside of Austin. Determined to get the 1st 1k miles quickly. The twistys were fun, respecting the speed limit. The responsiveness and handling is off the charts! All the fun of of my 66 Lotus Elan on steroids.
WARNING: Stopping for gas is an adventure, people stop filling their cars and slide over to your pump to take pics/videos. Lotsa love for Lotus.

Maurice R

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Road-tripped the car from Dallas to Hill Country outside of Austin. Determined to get the 1st 1k miles quickly. The twistys were fun, respecting the speed limit. The responsiveness and handling is off the charts! All the fun of of my 66 Lotus Elan on steroids.
WARNING: Stopping for gas is an adventure, people stop filling their cars and slide over to your pump to take pics/videos. Lotsa love for Lotus.
DM I’m in Dallas there are some great lotus guys in TX

cyanmauve

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I've had mine for a week now, and am very happy with my purchase. I'm just ready for the break in period to be over so I can really stretch it's legs!

I have been most surprised by the public's reaction to the car. Many people pulling out cell phones and pointing as I drive by. The car definitely has an exotic flare to it. I have never had a car as eye-catching as this. I don't see people reacting the same way to Corvettes or Porsches.

I am a little surprised by the ride and steering. I have the sport suspension, and it is actually a bit rougher than I thought it would be. Specifically, the spring rate seems pretty high. That being said, despite what I preceive as impact harshness, the car remains extraordinarily composed over even broken pavement. It seems that tire contact is never broken, and power can be laid down very effectively.

The steering is very, very good, but maybe 80-90% of what I remember a 2020 Evora GT's steering to be in precision and immediacy.

Overall, I think a small reduction in steering feel is probably a small price to pay for what feels like a much more complete package than the Evora GT. No disrespect to the Evora GT, though, as my experience in that car is what convinced me to buy a Lotus!

I hope to keep this car forever. I think it will be a great way to remember what ICE, "raw" sportscars could be.

Maurice R

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I've had mine for a week now, and am very happy with my purchase. I'm just ready for the break in period to be over so I can really stretch it's legs!

I have been most surprised by the public's reaction to the car. Many people pulling out cell phones and pointing as I drive by. The car definitely has an exotic flare to it. I have never had a car as eye-catching as this. I don't see people reacting the same way to Corvettes or Porsches.

I am a little surprised by the ride and steering. I have the sport suspension, and it is actually a bit rougher than I thought it would be. Specifically, the spring rate seems pretty high. That being said, despite what I preceive as impact harshness, the car remains extraordinarily composed over even broken pavement. It seems that tire contact is never broken, and power can be laid down very effectively.

The steering is very, very good, but maybe 80-90% of what I remember a 2020 Evora GT's steering to be in precision and immediacy.

Overall, I think a small reduction in steering feel is probably a small price to pay for what feels like a much more complete package than the Evora GT. No disrespect to the Evora GT, though, as my experience in that car is what convinced me to buy a Lotus!

I hope to keep this car forever. I think it will be a great way to remember what ICE, "raw" sportscars could be.
That a really great assessment of the car. I had an Evora GT as well
I just drove 110 miles ( now at just over 700 miles) on back roads with a buddy of mine who has Maclean GT. He loved every thing about the car. The only point I differ on is the suspension is not as harsh as the Evora
So I found it perfect for me.
Love the steering wheel shape now that I have gotten used to it. Agree on your 80-90 % of the GT but still excellent.
I did push the car through some great corners hard it’s imo phenomenal handling
Breaking is excellent I think a little better than my GT.
Road noise depended on the different surfaces. But more than acceptable for a sports car.
Did not have a music on. So cannot comment on the KEF system
Overall could not be happier.
The kicker here is drove all those miles then 2 miles from home the car went into limp mode. So going to the shop tomorrow
It showed as traction control problem

OP
K_Squared

K_Squared

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Closing in on 1,100 miles and no desire for power upgrades. This car really sings once you are able to push it hard and it doesn't lack power at all unless you're trying to drag race people. Even then, I do feel like it could hold its own against all but the most drag-focused cars on the road. Honestly, on backroads I feel like more power would just cause me more angst to push it hard. It really is an amazing machine.

Here's a quick shot from a pit stop at a rural church north of Raleigh, NC this afternoon:
1711342668863.jpeg

allenyao09

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I just had the Milltek 3rd cat delete pipe and exhaust valve controller installed today. Was in heavy traffic for 45 minutes on the drive home, but so far I absolutely love it!

Thanks for sharing! Where did you get the cat delete and the valve controller?

ttvetdoc

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Thanks for sharing! Where did you get the cat delete and the valve controller?
I purchased it from Milltekcorp.com

The 3rd cat delete wasn't showing on their website so I had to email them directly so that they could add it to my order.

US distributor based in TN

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com

Latest posts