North America Emira Experiences

Aero

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
WalMart platinum AGM batteries are made by the same top two suppliers you get behind the other name brands. 4 year warranty too. Working well in my Vantage and E39. Very well priced!
+1 for Walmart AGM. The last H6 battery AGM and another AGM one I got from Walmart said "made in Germany". Have a 4 or 5 year warranty too. What I plan to put in our 911 when the OEM factory one dies (been in there 10 years)

Cwolf

Emira Fan
Reaction score
That is useful information…I have that same fault that showed up as soon as I picked up my car from service. It went away after driving for a while, but came back this morning. I’m guessing that they did not put it on a trickle charger while it sat waiting to be serviced over the last 3+ weeks.
I must have jinxed it, cause the check engine light came on today. I will see if it is still there by Monday. If so, I will have Autozone read the code. Then if I have to disconnect the battery (which is a pain for the left terminal), I will. Frustrating though.

JKP

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I must have jinxed it, cause the check engine light came on today. I will see if it is still there by Monday. If so, I will have Autozone read the code. Then if I have to disconnect the battery (which is a pain for the left terminal), I will. Frustrating though.
For what its worth, my Check Engine Light came on last week. I drove it for a few hours straight and the next day, alas, no check engine light. I think it is the battery being drained from the boat trip, sitting at the dealership, etc. I was driving it a little here and there, but it was only after several hours of driving I think it had a chance to charge up. It also seems like there might be a delay after it senses the battery is low, and when it realizes it is recovered before it actually shuts the light off. The only other thing that happened around that time was that it was very humid, but I suspect it was not this, rather the battery issue.

Cwolf

Emira Fan
Reaction score
For what its worth, my Check Engine Light came on last week. I drove it for a few hours straight and the next day, alas, no check engine light. I think it is the battery being drained from the boat trip, sitting at the dealership, etc. I was driving it a little here and there, but it was only after several hours of driving I think it had a chance to charge up. It also seems like there might be a delay after it senses the battery is low, and when it realizes it is recovered before it actually shuts the light off. The only other thing that happened around that time was that it was very humid, but I suspect it was not this, rather the battery issue.
My CEL is now a new code. P0446 which is exhaust evap leak. Car runs fine, just could not pass emissions inspection. I have to take it to the dealer to get fixed. Not in a hurry but still frustrating.

A P0446 error code indicates an evaporative emission control system (EVAP) vent control circuit malfunction. Simply put, the computer has detected an issue regarding the functionality of your vehicle's EVAP system vent valve.

JKP

Emira Fan
Reaction score
My CEL is now a new code. P0446 which is exhaust evap leak. Car runs fine, just could not pass emissions inspection. I have to take it to the dealer to get fixed. Not in a hurry but still frustrating.

A P0446 error code indicates an evaporative emission control system (EVAP) vent control circuit malfunction. Simply put, the computer has detected an issue regarding the functionality of your vehicle's EVAP system vent valve.
Great info! I ordered an ODB scanner from Amazon for $30. Guess I'll check this out to make sure its not the same issue.

trackday14

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I had my Emira out for its first track day today…It was great, not the best car I’ve had on track, but in my top 3. With Cup 2 tires (I ordered the Goodyears for more street miles) it will be in my top 2…My 2016 GT4 would still be my favorite track car (I still regret selling that car). The Emira’s steering was fantastic - much better on track than on the street. (I feel like it is a bit too light on center during normal driving). The brakes are phenomenal (but I’m going to go through pads and rotors quickly!).

I have another track day on Wednesday - I will push the car much harder now that I have a good feel for it. Stay tuned!

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
I have another track day on Wednesday - I will push the car much harder now that I have a good feel for it. Stay tuned!

Looking forward to more track use feedback! Which track? How many laps? Running stock fluid? Any brake fade? How'd the F1s hold up?

trackday14

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Looking forward to more track use feedback! Which track? How many laps? Running stock fluid? Any brake fade? How'd the F1s hold up?
Blackhawk Farms Raceway…a group of us rent the track out every month during season for a private group of 15 or so people. No run groups - just off an on as we see fit. I don’t count laps, but I went on track 5 times or so for about 10-15 minutes each time. My best lap time today was 1:21:XX - so that translates to about 45 laps.

Stock fluids - no fade at all. I didn’t check to see what DOT spec brake fluid comes with the car, but will flush and refill with Hi-Temp brake fluid when I replace rotors. [Edit - I checked the owner’s manual…standard brake fluid is DOT 4, so it comes equipped with Hi-Temp brake fluid.]

The F1s were decent when the warmed up and broken in a bit. Still, the Cup 2 tires are way better track tires - I will use them for my next set of tires. I’ve had Cup 2s on a few of my cars and they are much better (except in the wet).

Last edited: