North American Emira Problem Thread

Go Kart

… has a HUGE member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
This thread is for problems with recent deliveries in North America.

The problems overseas may still be issues here, and some of us would like to gauge whether those issues have been getting addressed with newer Emiras recently delivered, or if the problems have persisted with no real changes to the manufacturing processes.

This thread is NOT intended for anyone to gripe and vent, as these issues should be expected of some of these cars coming out of a new factory with newly trained employees. This thread is meant to be informative, so please keep the negative comments to a minimum.

Please state:

1. Your issue
2. Build date
3. Delivery date
4. Miles on odometer
5. Warranty resolution (if any)
6. Wait time for problem resolution

Thank you for the data points provided 🙏🏽

Haffway

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
1. Your issue
  • After washing the car, fan system including air conditioning or heating does not work. It works after sitting overnight.
  • Passenger mirror does not fold consistently after locking. Mirror folds when it wants to. Never had an issue unfolding after unlocking.
2. Build date
  • December
3. Delivery date
  • April 13th
4. Miles on odometer
  • 1200km
  • Working with my dealer to find solution to fan issue. They are in contact with Lotus to figure out a fix.
  • My closest dealer is 650km away.
- unkown. They are trying to find a fix.

Other than that, the car has been amazing!

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
1. Your issue
  • After washing the car, fan system including air conditioning or heating does not work. It works after sitting overnight.
  • Passenger mirror does not fold consistently after locking. Mirror folds when it wants to. Never had an issue unfolding after unlocking.
2. Build date
  • December
3. Delivery date
  • April 13th
4. Miles on odometer
  • 1200km
  • Working with my dealer to find solution to fan issue. They are in contact with Lotus to figure out a fix.

looks like the car isn't waterproof.... which for a British car where it rains all the time is odd...

Hope it doesn't require new wiring harness, or water damage to ECU. Keeps us posted on how the fix goes!

JimH

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
1. Your issue
2. Build date
  • December
3. Delivery date
  • April 13th
4. Miles on odometer
  • 1200km

HVAC fan resistor pack, probably…….

K_Squared

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
My Issue:

Got my first limp mode this evening after about just 10 minutes of spirited driving after warming up the car (maybe 75% throttle, around 6K max RPM or so) so I wasn't going balls to the walls on it. See the pic below for what this looks like. Traction control was disabled and I got messages stating the car needed servicing.

I "limped" to a nearby gas station, let it sit for 5 minutes while I purchased some snacks, then started it back up and all was fine. I've had about 3-4 CELs after doing revs at car meetups that also went away within 24 hours.

So far it seems like most of these are transient, non-issues that just cause some temporary angst. Thought I'd mention it here in case other people get this with their Emiras. Overall, the Emira has been rock solid despite these "false positives".

2. Build date - Nov '23
3. Delivery date - March 8, 2024
4. Miles on odometer - ~ 1600 miles
5. Warranty resolution (if any) - N/A - Problem went away after sitting for 5 minutes parked.
6. Wait time for problem resolution - N/A

1714006421889.jpeg

Blackthought_

Emira Fan
Reaction score
My Issue:

Got my first limp mode this evening after about just 10 minutes of spirited driving after warming up the car (maybe 75% throttle, around 6K max RPM or so) so I wasn't going balls to the walls on it. See the pic below for what this looks like. Traction control was disabled and I got messages stating the car needed servicing.

I "limped" to a nearby gas station, let it sit for 5 minutes while I purchased some snacks, then started it back up and all was fine. I've had about 3-4 CELs after doing revs at car meetups that also went away within 24 hours.

So far it seems like most of these are transient, non-issues that just cause some temporary angst. Thought I'd mention it here in case other people get this with their Emiras. Overall, the Emira has been rock solid despite these "false positives".

2. Build date - Nov '23
5. Warranty resolution (if any) - N/A - Problem went away after sitting for 5 minutes parked.

View attachment 41855
Was there anything in particular that you recall doing that triggered the CEL the few times you had them? Or were they just at random?

K_Squared

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Was there anything in particular that you recall doing that triggered the CEL the few times you had them? Or were they just at random?
Just some fun stationary revving at close to redline, nothing crazy. That is what has triggered the CEL every time in the past that I can remember. It's been reported in some YouTube vids and it was just a fuel pump communication thing that seemed benign.

This limp mode thing was the first issue that actually temporarily inhibited the driving behavior.

OP
Go Kart

Go Kart

… has a HUGE member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Just some fun stationary revving at close to redline, nothing crazy. That is what has triggered the CEL every time in the past that I can remember. It's been reported in some YouTube vids and it was just a fuel pump communication thing that seemed benign.

This limp mode thing was the first issue that actually temporarily inhibited the driving behavior.

Were you revving with the clutch pressed?

Racer X

Emira Fan
Reaction score
My Issue:

2. Build date - Nov '23

View attachment 41855
I’d recommend keeping one of these with you…

Attachments

• IMG_8886.jpeg
    IMG_8886.jpeg
    277.1 KB · Views: 17

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
1. Clicking on Acceleration and Windows do not roll down with full UNLOCK press on Keyfob
2. Dunno
3. March 2024
4. 81 miles