North American Emira Problem Thread

Go Kart

… has a HUGE member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
This thread is for problems with recent deliveries in North America.

The problems overseas may still be issues here, and some of us would like to gauge whether those issues have been getting addressed with newer Emiras recently delivered, or if the problems have persisted with no real changes to the manufacturing processes.

This thread is NOT intended for anyone to gripe and vent, as these issues should be expected of some of these cars coming out of a new factory with newly trained employees. This thread is meant to be informative, so please keep the negative comments to a minimum.

Please state:

1. Your issue
2. Build date
3. Delivery date
4. Miles on odometer
5. Warranty resolution (if any)
6. Wait time for problem resolution

Thank you for the data points provided 🙏🏽

Haffway

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
1. Your issue
  • After washing the car, fan system including air conditioning or heating does not work. It works after sitting overnight.
  • Passenger mirror does not fold consistently after locking. Mirror folds when it wants to. Never had an issue unfolding after unlocking.
2. Build date
  • December
3. Delivery date
  • April 13th
4. Miles on odometer
  • 1200km
  • Working with my dealer to find solution to fan issue. They are in contact with Lotus to figure out a fix.
  • My closest dealer is 650km away.
- unkown. They are trying to find a fix.

Other than that, the car has been amazing!

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
1. Your issue
  • After washing the car, fan system including air conditioning or heating does not work. It works after sitting overnight.
  • Passenger mirror does not fold consistently after locking. Mirror folds when it wants to. Never had an issue unfolding after unlocking.
2. Build date
  • December
3. Delivery date
  • April 13th
4. Miles on odometer
  • 1200km
  • Working with my dealer to find solution to fan issue. They are in contact with Lotus to figure out a fix.

looks like the car isn't waterproof.... which for a British car where it rains all the time is odd...

Hope it doesn't require new wiring harness, or water damage to ECU. Keeps us posted on how the fix goes!

JimH

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
1. Your issue
2. Build date
  • December
3. Delivery date
  • April 13th
4. Miles on odometer
  • 1200km

HVAC fan resistor pack, probably…….

K_Squared

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
My Issue:

Got my first limp mode this evening after about just 10 minutes of spirited driving after warming up the car (maybe 75% throttle, around 6K max RPM or so) so I wasn't going balls to the walls on it. See the pic below for what this looks like. Traction control was disabled and I got messages stating the car needed servicing.

I "limped" to a nearby gas station, let it sit for 5 minutes while I purchased some snacks, then started it back up and all was fine. I've had about 3-4 CELs after doing revs at car meetups that also went away within 24 hours.

So far it seems like most of these are transient, non-issues that just cause some temporary angst. Thought I'd mention it here in case other people get this with their Emiras. Overall, the Emira has been rock solid despite these "false positives".

2. Build date - Nov '23
3. Delivery date - March 8, 2024
4. Miles on odometer - ~ 1600 miles
5. Warranty resolution (if any) - N/A - Problem went away after sitting for 5 minutes parked.
6. Wait time for problem resolution - N/A

1714006421889.jpeg

Blackthought_

Emira Fan
Reaction score
My Issue:

Got my first limp mode this evening after about just 10 minutes of spirited driving after warming up the car (maybe 75% throttle, around 6K max RPM or so) so I wasn't going balls to the walls on it. See the pic below for what this looks like. Traction control was disabled and I got messages stating the car needed servicing.

I "limped" to a nearby gas station, let it sit for 5 minutes while I purchased some snacks, then started it back up and all was fine. I've had about 3-4 CELs after doing revs at car meetups that also went away within 24 hours.

So far it seems like most of these are transient, non-issues that just cause some temporary angst. Thought I'd mention it here in case other people get this with their Emiras. Overall, the Emira has been rock solid despite these "false positives".

2. Build date - Nov '23
5. Warranty resolution (if any) - N/A - Problem went away after sitting for 5 minutes parked.

View attachment 41855
Was there anything in particular that you recall doing that triggered the CEL the few times you had them? Or were they just at random?

K_Squared

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Was there anything in particular that you recall doing that triggered the CEL the few times you had them? Or were they just at random?
Just some fun stationary revving at close to redline, nothing crazy. That is what has triggered the CEL every time in the past that I can remember. It's been reported in some YouTube vids and it was just a fuel pump communication thing that seemed benign.

This limp mode thing was the first issue that actually temporarily inhibited the driving behavior.

OP
Go Kart

Go Kart

… has a HUGE member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Just some fun stationary revving at close to redline, nothing crazy. That is what has triggered the CEL every time in the past that I can remember. It's been reported in some YouTube vids and it was just a fuel pump communication thing that seemed benign.

This limp mode thing was the first issue that actually temporarily inhibited the driving behavior.

Were you revving with the clutch pressed?

Racer X

Emira Fan
Reaction score
My Issue:

2. Build date - Nov '23

View attachment 41855
I’d recommend keeping one of these with you…

Attachments

• IMG_8886.jpeg
    IMG_8886.jpeg
    277.1 KB · Views: 36

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
1. Clicking on Acceleration and Windows do not roll down with full UNLOCK press on Keyfob
2. Dunno
3. March 2024
4. 81 miles

Blackthought_

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I am just at about 1000 miles on mine that I got last week (800 miles of this on a road trip getting it home). Overall, it’s been great! No major issues to report but a few minor ones I have noticed:
-the trunk occasionally gives me the red trunk open warning light even if the trunk is closed. Since I started closing the trunk harder, it only comes up seldomly now.
-I got a triangle light that says SOS needs servicing. After driving around for a while and turning the car off, it goes away. Apparently from other threads a software fix helped out people here.
-I hear a slight popping noise that I’m 95% is coming from the subwoofer behind the drivers side. Hard to hear with the engine revving or the music on.

I had a prescheduled trip to my local dealer this week for the first oil change etc so I’ll ask them to check out the above while it’s there. This car is well worth the wait!!!

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I am just at about 1000 miles on mine that I got last week (800 miles of this on a road trip getting it home). Overall, it’s been great! No major issues to report but a few minor ones I have noticed:
-the trunk occasionally gives me the red trunk open warning light even if the trunk is closed. Since I started closing the trunk harder, it only comes up seldomly now.
-I got a triangle light that says SOS needs servicing. After driving around for a while and turning the car off, it goes away. Apparently from other threads a software fix helped out people here.
-I hear a slight popping noise that I’m 95% is coming from the subwoofer behind the drivers side. Hard to hear with the engine revving or the music on.

I had a prescheduled trip to my local dealer this week for the first oil change etc so I’ll ask them to check out the above while it’s there. This car is well worth the wait!!!
Yeah I hear the subwoofer pops as well. Just randomly.

Blackthought_

Emira Fan
Reaction score

Oh I forgot to add the info:
Build date: Nov 2023
Delivery date: April 2024
Miles on the odo: 950 miles
Going to the dealer this week so I’ll update if any of the above gets a quick fix

Last edited:

Cwolf

Emira Fan
Reaction score
My Issue:

2. Build date - Nov '23

View attachment 41855
Interesting. I am based in Raleigh/Cary as well. What has the dealer said about the CELs? Did you get the car from Cape Fear or Flow in Winston Salem? Here are my issues:

Warning light for SOS battery. Will put on a trickler to see if resolved per dealer. Cell for Evaporation Control. Dealer wants to check that out but it has gone out and on a couple times so I think it is software related, not the actual Evap system. Subwoofer popped when I turned the car on with a tire inflator plugged in the outlet. Made me jump, ha. Trunk will not open with keyfob when car is running and doors are open. That might just be a standard setting.

2. Build date - Will check.
3. Delivery date - March 20, 2024
4. Miles on odometer - ~ 750 miles
5. Warranty resolution (if any) - N/A - Dealer will check cell when I bring it by in June.
6. Wait time for problem resolution - Going to dealer in June for oil change and check up.

Blackthought_

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Ahh I just got the code p0159. Per google it’s the oxygen sensor. I cleared it and it hasn’t come back in a few miles. It happened after a wash and then a drive
IMG_2924.png

BTW, I have the BlueDriver OBD II and it works and helped cleared the code

tnbuilder

Reaction score
Ahh I just got the code p0159. Per google it’s the oxygen sensor. I cleared it and it hasn’t come back in a few miles. It happened after a wash and then a drive
View attachment 42133

Think this this might be related to the water? After reading several threads and posts it seems water is the cause of most of what we are dealing with. Take the heater resistor. I think it is the weak link in the system, so that is what is failing first, but the water intrusion is the main cause. In another thread I was reading water was getting to the ECU and I think O2 sensors...I think he had one replaced like three times and a new ECU fix it. All due to water (I believe rear hatch area).

In the A/C issue thread there is one guy in the UK the dealer has installed basically a gutter to keep the water out of the HVAC unit...under the hood. It is a pretty recent post, so it is easy to find. This is what I hope is being relayed to other dealers here in the US so we can get it implemented ASAP...otherwise the cars may have corrosion and electrical issues.

My build date is same as yours...absolutely nuts these issues not resolved before now. I am waiting to get mine back and share what's going on to maybe help others here out. Car has now been at the dealer more than in my garage, 3 weeks and counting.