North American Emira Introduction

khamai

Reaction score
A few photos taken at The Quail show in Monterey on Friday 13 August. We attended the show as guests of Lotus and shared the Lotus-Radford Press Conference and had an opportunity to meet a few folks involved in both the Emira and Radford.

Cheers,
Kiyoshi

IMG_1382-30.jpg

IMG_1384-30.jpg

IMG_1383-30.jpg

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Great to see Emira and Evija getting a lot of attention and what looks like a queue to sit in them. I wonder how many more deposits they took?

OP
K

khamai

Reaction score
If interested here's a link to a video of aforementioned Lotus & Radford Press Conference (was a live Facebook feed) -
And, I'll try to post more photos from the event including the gray Emira, parked in a hotel parking lot, that was driven at Goodwood and Laguna Seca by J Button.

OP
K

khamai

Reaction score
The grey Emira was left parked in the lot at Quail Lodge while the Seneca blue car spent it's time in the Quail show wowing the crowds.

IMG_1379-30.jpg

IMG_1381-30.jpg

Cheers,
Kiyoshi

P.S. Both cars were packed after the show and transported to Los Angeles and scheduled to be returned to Hethel.

Stsainj

Reaction score
The grey Emira was left parked in the lot at Quail Lodge while the Seneca blue car spent it's time in the Quail show wowing the crowds.

View attachment 199

View attachment 200

Cheers,
Kiyoshi

P.S. Both cars were packed after the show and transported to Los Angeles and scheduled to be returned to Hethel.
Reflection of the clouds looks like an incomplete wax job :)

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I'm wondering the reason why the grey one stayed at the lodge?
The blue car is the "show car" and the grey one is the "dynamic prototype". So they used the grey one at Laguna Seca for drives and the blue one on the stand at the Quail. Same thing at Goodwood. I guess they needed somewhere to park the grey one when not in use!

CanadianEmira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
If interested here's a link to a video of aforementioned Lotus & Radford Press Conference (was a live Facebook feed) -
And, I'll try to post more photos from the event including the gray Emira, parked in a hotel parking lot, that was driven at Goodwood and Laguna Seca by J Button.
Quite a lineup for Lotus this year, innit.

Lotushavefun

Reaction score

View attachment 199

View attachment 200

Cheers,
Kiyoshi

Do you know when the Emira will be next? Want to see it in person. I live in San Jose ca. Thanks

Lotushavefun

Reaction score
I don't know of any plans to show the Emira in the States prior to the promised dealer tour late this fall.

Kiyoshi
Hi Kiyoshi
Thanks, your so lucky to have seen it live. I came in too late and missed the Monterey show. Can I asked you your personal opinion on the looks of the Emira, since you saw it live? Did the car proportionate or did it look short and Stubby? Thanks

Peter

OP
K

khamai

Reaction score
Hi Kiyoshi
Thanks, your so lucky to have seen it live. I came in too late and missed the Monterey show. Can I asked you your personal opinion on the looks of the Emira, since you saw it live? Did the car proportionate or did it look short and Stubby? Thanks

Peter
Hi Peter,

One of my fears coming from the photos that the Emira would look too much like the Evija and potentially make the Evija look less "special". Seeing the two cars side by side vanquished my apprehension instantly. While there's design elements from the Evija in the Emira, the Emira is it's own and not a "cheap" copy of the Evija.

The Emira is taller, about the height of an Evora (48"?), yet it appears smaller. I think it's because there's less bulk in the front and less confusion in the lines of the rear quarter panels. So, not at all short and stubby.

I think the jaded crowd at The Quail show said it all. We were trying to find a few minutes to shoot our video and it was simply impossible to find a break in the crowd around the Emira from the time the show opened to 2pm when we needed to leave. When we walked the show there was hardly anyone looking at the Rimac, granted the new Countach was drawing a crowd.

I wrote a piece on the Emira for our club newsletter which should be out later this week. When it's distributed I'll try to remember to post the article here.

Cheers,
Kiyoshi

Lotushavefun

Reaction score
Hi Peter,

One of my fears coming from the photos that the Emira would look too much like the Evija and potentially make the Evija look less "special". Seeing the two cars side by side vanquished my apprehension instantly. While there's design elements from the Evija in the Emira, the Emira is it's own and not a "cheap" copy of the Evija.

The Emira is taller, about the height of an Evora (48"?), yet it appears smaller. I think it's because there's less bulk in the front and less confusion in the lines of the rear quarter panels. So, not at all short and stubby.

I think the jaded crowd at The Quail show said it all. We were trying to find a few minutes to shoot our video and it was simply impossible to find a break in the crowd around the Emira from the time the show opened to 2pm when we needed to leave. When we walked the show there was hardly anyone looking at the Rimac, granted the new Countach was drawing a crowd.

I wrote a piece on the Emira for our club newsletter which should be out later this week. When it's distributed I'll try to remember to post the article here.

Cheers,
Kiyoshi
Wow, thanks Kiyoshi for letting me know. I'm super pumped to see the Emira. I'm guessing if it looks Amazing in pictures then it has to look the same in person. Looking forward to reading your article. Cheers 😀

Peter

OP
K

khamai

Reaction score
Wow, thanks Kiyoshi for letting me know. I'm super pumped to see the Emira. I'm guessing if it looks Amazing in pictures then it has to look the same in person. Looking forward to reading your article. Cheers 😀

Peter
I suggest taping your jaw closed during your initial in person visit with the Emira. It will save you the embarrassment of having drool covering the front of your shirt! :)

Kiyoshi

mr_joshua

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Hi Kiyoshi

Peter
Re: Short and Stubby - I thought maybe I was the only person with that general concern. A lot of the three-quarter shots of the car make it seem low, long and svelte but some of the profile shots and live videos, the car looks a little "stubby" to me (exactly the same term I was thinking actually).

I also think it's pretty clear that the black pack helps create an optical illusion that makes the car seem a little lower centered, especially in the brighter colors. Problem is, I don't really like the black pack and want the classic, non-broken look of the car with matching color top and side view mirrors (I'm thinking yellow btw).

I bet I'm really just overthinking it.

mr_joshua

Emira Fan
Reaction score

View attachment 199

View attachment 200

Cheers,
Kiyoshi

These real life pictures are effing awesome.. thanks for sharing.