Lotus, please dont dumb down, water down North American Emiras.

Maverick1

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I know Europe has recently adopted stricter noise and emissions regulations in the last few years.
I'm hoping Lotus won't restrict North American Emiras with gasoline particulate filters, and add unnecessary resonators and mufflers to our cars which will quiet the exhaust note, since we have more slack noise and emission standards.
I'd like a simple "LOUD" button for the active exhaust, so I can manually open and close it, and not have it only open when you pass a certain rpm.
I want control of the noise.
So what I'm saying is please Lotus Unleash the Beast model in North America.

695 to Emira

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I know Europe has recently adopted stricter noise and emissions regulations in the last few years.
I'm hoping Lotus won't restrict North American Emiras with gasoline particulate filters, and add unnecessary resonators and mufflers to our cars which will quiet the exhaust note, since we have more slack noise and emission standards.
I'd like a simple "LOUD" button for the active exhaust, so I can manually open and close it, and not have it only open when you pass a certain rpm.
And make the “spare parts” available in the UK 😜

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
No GPF on the V6 Emira. The third cat on the Evora (and presumably the Emira too) is needed to meet the worst-case US emissions requirements as well as in Europe - it can be replaced with a straight pipe in the UK and still meet UK emissions :)

I reckon you'll be able to remove the Emira 3rd cat too in most US states. And it won't take long for someone to do an aftermarket exhaust valve override button, as has been done for the Evora and V6 Exige, for example this one:

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
No GPF on the V6 Emira. The third cat on the Evora (and presumably the Emira too) is needed to meet the worst-case US emissions requirements as well as in Europe - it can be replaced with a straight pipe in the UK and still meet UK emissions :)

I reckon you'll be able to remove the Emira 3rd cat too in most US states. And it won't take long for someone to do an aftermarket exhaust valve override button, as has been done for the Evora and V6 Exige, for example this one:
Any performance benefit to removing the 3rd cat, or is it just for sound?