Welcome to the new Lotus Emira Forum, please post an introduction thread!

Timbo

Reaction score
Always been a Lotus fan since the '72 LA Car Show with the Twin cam Europa in JPS Livery.. It may be time to upgrade my R53...

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
Always been a Lotus fan since the '72 LA Car Show with the Twin cam Europa in JPS Livery.. It may be time to upgrade my R53...
I could see how that would make an impression on you! Welcome to the forum 👋

OP
supersix

supersix

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Emira Forum @Timbo 🍻

SwissPete

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm based in Zurich CH and currently on my 4th Lotus (Exige 430 cup). I put a speculative order in as soon as the car was announced at the beginning of the year and am very glad I did now. Deposit is paid and hoping that Lotus number 5 will be with me next spring.

OP
supersix

supersix

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey folks! New member here and soon-to-be a first time Lotus owner in Victoria, Canada.

Welcome to the forum! I lived in Toronto for a while in loved it. Hope to visit the west coast of Canada one of these days!

OP
supersix

supersix

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm based in Zurich CH and currently on my 4th Lotus (Exige 430 cup). I put a speculative order in as soon as the car was announced at the beginning of the year and am very glad I did now. Deposit is paid and hoping that Lotus number 5 will be with me next spring.

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the pre-order. 🍻 Will this replace the Exige or be an addition?

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
I was searching for an Exige the other night and there was only one for sale in the US that I could find. I guess everyone is hanging on to those over here in the US.

AndySXV

Reaction score
I would like to be the first to welcome everyone to a new little project to share my passion for the upcoming Emira .

If you are new to the site, please take a minute and create your own introduction thread:

Let us know what brought you here, what vehicles you currently own, etc.
Hello to one and all - Really great to see a dedicated forum for enthusiasts!

I am an avid Lotus fan and have owned various Elise, Exige and Evora's, the latest being a GT430Sport. I will own up now, I have sold teh GT and bought a McLaren - SORRY! Its something I had to get out of my system until the Emira arrives. I placed my dealer deposit with Bell & Colvill in Sept last year, and paid my Lotus deposit last week, think I am the first in the queue for a 2lt AMG.

Kenny

Reaction score
Team: excited to be here, learn more, and hopefully purchase the Emira when the local dealer calls my number.

Background: New York-based lifelong car nut, first time [potential] Lotus owner. I currently have a Porsche 997S and a BMW M235i (daily), and've had several other fun cars (Ferrari 360 Spider, BMW E93 M3, Z4 3.0, Z3 3.0, 335iS, 435i). An F430, pre-COVID priced 458, Boxster Spyder, and AMG GT-C have been top of mind next car-wise, but with the surprise release of the Emira, my focus has shifted altogether. On paper, outside of wishing it had another ~50hp, it seems perfect. Fingers crossed.

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
Hello to one and all - Really great to see a dedicated forum for enthusiasts!

I am an avid Lotus fan and have owned various Elise, Exige and Evora's, the latest being a GT430Sport. I will own up now, I have sold teh GT and bought a McLaren - SORRY! Its something I had to get out of my system until the Emira arrives. I placed my dealer deposit with Bell & Colvill in Sept last year, and paid my Lotus deposit last week, think I am the first in the queue for a 2lt AMG.
Welcome! What McLaren did you buy? A friend of mine has a 720S and I've been drooling over the 570s for a while now.

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
Team: excited to be here, learn more, and hopefully purchase the Emira when the local dealer calls my number.

Background: New York-based lifelong car nut, first time [potential] Lotus owner. I currently have a Porsche 997S and a BMW M235i (daily), and've had several other fun cars (Ferrari 360 Spider, BMW E93 M3, Z4 3.0, Z3 3.0, 335iS, 435i). An F430, pre-COVID priced 458, Boxster Spyder, and AMG GT-C have been top of mind next car-wise, but with the surprise release of the Emira, my focus has shifted altogether. On paper, outside of wishing it had another ~50hp, it seems perfect. Fingers crossed.
Welcome, looks like you're going to fit right in around here! I bet we can tune these cars up another 50 hp or so horsepower pretty easily. I can't wait to see all the mods that come out for them when they start hitting people's garages.

prestonc

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Hey all

Can't wait to find out when my manufacturing slot will be. Put down my deposit on Wednesday July 7th.

Have an Evora 2010 and use it daily. Pretty high mileage, so am going to keep it when I get my Emira.

I'm in Surrey in the UK, Bell and Colvill, UKs oldest Lotus dealer is just down the road, they get their first demo in autumn, so will be going along for a fitting ;)

What more can I say? Really glad to find an early forum for us.
Thanks for sharing it.

Cutting42

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi All

As soon as I saw the Emira I had to have one. Deposit placed on the 8th and looking forward to seeing one in the flesh. Never owned a Lotus before but the Esprit was my dream car when I was a kid and I had a friend with a couple of old Elan’s.

I have a Tesla model 3 performance and BMW M235i currently

Cheers

Gareth

OP
supersix

supersix

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey all

Can't wait to find out when my manufacturing slot will be. Put down my deposit on Wednesday July 7th.

Have an Evora 2010 and use it daily. Pretty high mileage, so am going to keep it when I get my Emira.

I'm in Surrey in the UK, Bell and Colvill, UKs oldest Lotus dealer is just down the road, they get their first demo in autumn, so will be going along for a fitting ;)

What more can I say? Really glad to find an early forum for us.
Thanks for sharing it.

Welcome to the forum @prestonc 🍻 That will be a nice Lotus collection you'll have going on!

OP
supersix

supersix

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi All

As soon as I saw the Emira I had to have one. Deposit placed on the 8th and looking forward to seeing one in the flesh. Never owned a Lotus before but the Esprit was my dream car when I was a kid and I had a friend with a couple of old Elan’s.

I have a Tesla model 3 performance and BMW M235i currently

Cheers

Gareth

Welcome to the forum Gareth 🍻 So out of the Tesla 3 and M235i, what car do you prefer as a daily driver?