Welcome to the new Lotus Emira Forum, please post an introduction thread!

OP
supersix

supersix

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello to one and all - Really great to see a dedicated forum for enthusiasts!

I am an avid Lotus fan and have owned various Elise, Exige and Evora's, the latest being a GT430Sport. I will own up now, I have sold teh GT and bought a McLaren - SORRY! Its something I had to get out of my system until the Emira arrives. I placed my dealer deposit with Bell & Colvill in Sept last year, and paid my Lotus deposit last week, think I am the first in the queue for a 2lt AMG.

Welcome to the forum @AndySXV 🍻 I absolutely love the design of the McLaren 570s. It's on the list of cars I hope to own one day.

OP
supersix

supersix

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Team: excited to be here, learn more, and hopefully purchase the Emira when the local dealer calls my number.

Background: New York-based lifelong car nut, first time [potential] Lotus owner. I currently have a Porsche 997S and a BMW M235i (daily), and've had several other fun cars (Ferrari 360 Spider, BMW E93 M3, Z4 3.0, Z3 3.0, 335iS, 435i). An F430, pre-COVID priced 458, Boxster Spyder, and AMG GT-C have been top of mind next car-wise, but with the surprise release of the Emira, my focus has shifted altogether. On paper, outside of wishing it had another ~50hp, it seems perfect. Fingers crossed.

Welcome to the forum @Kenny 🍻 It would be interesting to hear your thoughts on the Emira and how it stacks up against other cars you've own. That's an impressive list!

Cutting42

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Gareth 🍻 So out of the Tesla 3 and M235i, what car do you prefer as a daily driver?

I am still in the honeymoon period of the Tesla, it is just soooooo fast and easy to drive so probably my fave daily driver. Still get a kick from the M235i engine and the way it handles but it is the BMW that will leave to make way for the Emira.

as7920

Reaction score
Hi all.
Long time Lotus fan but never an owner.
On an impulse put a deposit down on the Emira on launch night. I was sold the instant I saw it.
Thanks for letting me join.
From Woking, UK.
Cheers, Mark.
My full intro here

Den

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Hello all,
Always been a Lotus fan and owned a couple of M100 Elan's, the latest red with only 25K miles.
Always been tempted by the Elise & Exige, but never took the plunge and didn't really take to the Evora.
Seen this and wow, deposit down yesterday.
The only thing I've decided is the Blue with black pack and black forged alloys.
Can't wait to see the full specs & configurator.
Cheers, Den.

OP
supersix

supersix

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello all,
Always been a Lotus fan and owned a couple of M100 Elan's, the latest red with only 25K miles.
Always been tempted by the Elise & Exige, but never took the plunge and didn't really take to the Evora.
Seen this and wow, deposit down yesterday.
The only thing I've decided is the Blue with black pack and black forged alloys.
Can't wait to see the full specs & configurator.
Cheers, Den.

Welcome to the forum Den! 🍻 Hopefully we'll see all the available options in the online configurator soon. Then the real stress of picking the options will begin! 😂

ARiME

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hi All - Been a Lotus fan since I first saw an Esprit in The Spy Who Loved Me, lol. This will be my first Lotus.

Prior vehicles span from Audi, MB, Mini, Porsche, Tesla, and VW. Looking forward to my first MR vehicle with a manual.

OP
supersix

supersix

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi All - Been a Lotus fan since I first saw an Esprit in The Spy Who Loved Me, lol. This will be my first Lotus.

Prior vehicles span from Audi, MB, Mini, Porsche, Tesla, and VW. Looking forward to my first MR vehicle with a manual.
Welcome to the forum @ARiME 🍻

JPS_67

Reaction score
mylotus.JPG

Hello all,
I am enthausiastic about the Emira.
After owning a Lotus Elise 111s now for 8 years I'm trilled at the prospect of actually owning and driving the Emira.
Regards, Jaap

OP
supersix

supersix

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
View attachment 247
Hello all,
I am enthausiastic about the Emira.
After owning a Lotus Elise 111s now for 8 years I'm trilled at the prospect of actually owning and driving the Emira.
Regards, Jaap

Welcome Jaap! Glad to have you on the forum!

RapidLotus

Emira Fan
Reaction score
So I will add my intro to the official thread!
It looks like I am member #261! I am excited to be on this newest of Lotus Forums. Hopefully I can be as active here as I am on LotusTalk.
A little about me.... I have been active in the Lotus world since 2018 when I bought my first Elise which I still have and plan to keep after my Emira arrives. Another Elise was a project car for me and I was able to restore it, use it as a test bed for projects, and it was recently sold to make room for other projects. The Elise led me into making LED tail light kits and 3D printed parts for Elise/Exige and replacement/custom decals too. My website is rapidlotus.com and it is a personal site to provide technical resources and showcase some of my projects and things that I do. I recently added an Emira section and I will be adding to it as information is released. Note that my site is just a fun site and is constantly under construction.
Are most members of this forum from Europe? I am located in the state of Florida in the US and would like to know if any other members are in my area.

I have put my deposit down for my Emira and will probably be requesting the AMG I4 due to the lighter weight and better handling.

20201002_124125.jpg

D4speed

Reaction score
Hi all, joined a few days ago. From Nova Scotia Canada. Placed a deposit yesterday. Dealer is a long ways away but hoping for a great ownership experience. Thinking green with tan interior and yellow callipers, lower black pack and black forged rims. Sound is a big deal for me so waiting for reviews of 6 vs 4 cyl.

OP
supersix

supersix

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi all, joined a few days ago. From Nova Scotia Canada. Placed a deposit yesterday. Dealer is a long ways away but hoping for a great ownership experience. Thinking green with tan interior and yellow callipers, lower black pack and black forged rims. Sound is a big deal for me so waiting for reviews of 6 vs 4 cyl.

Welcome to the forum @D4speed 🍻