• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Hi all. New to Lotus member here from the UK

as7920

Reaction score
Hi all.
Long time Lotus fan but never an owner.
Pretty much only owned fast beamers since having the choice (had company cars for a while).
Sold my BMW M3 Competition recently and on an impulse put a deposit down on the Emira on launch night. Followed up with a call in the morning to the local dealer Bell & Colvill.
I was sold the instant I saw it.
Planning on an AMG DCT (want auto but not the 6 spd with the V6) and the M139 engine looks awesome.
Getting the car September next year suits me just fine. Very excited.
Thanks for letting me join.
Based in Woking, Surrey. Not far from the home of McLaren.
Cheers. Mark.

supersix

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Emira Forum @as7920 🍻 I'm now thinking about getting a CLA45 in the meantime just to try out the M139 for a bit. 🤣

JohnJDurkin

Reaction score
Hi Mark - I’m new to Lotus also - coming from a Cayman S. Had just put down a deposit on a Cayman GTS 4.0, then they revealed this! Took a lot to pry me from Porsche - but this is simply stunning!
Excited beyond belief. Going for a V6 manual - I think I’ve completed YouTube as far as the Emira is concerned… can somebody upload some more content?! 😬♥️

WAX3D

Reaction score
Hi
Hi all.
Long time Lotus fan but never an owner.
Pretty much only owned fast beamers since having the choice (had company cars for a while).
Sold my BMW M3 Competition recently and on an impulse put a deposit down on the Emira on launch night. Followed up with a call in the morning to the local dealer Bell & Colvill.
I was sold the instant I saw it.
Planning on an AMG DCT (want auto but not the 6 spd with the V6) and the M139 engine looks awesome.
Getting the car September next year suits me just fine. Very excited.
Thanks for letting me join.
Based in Woking, Surrey. Not far from the home of McLaren.
Cheers. Mark.
Hi guys , was totally blown away by the look of the car , especially in that gorgeous blue , just perfectly shows the lines and curves . Placed a order through lotus website . This will be my forth lotus having previously bought a -
1. MK1 Elise
2. MK1 Elise sport 160
3. MK1 Exige
4. MK1 Elise 111s now undergoing a Honda conversion .
Rob

OP
as7920

as7920

Reaction score
Hi Mark - I’m new to Lotus also - coming from a Cayman S. Had just put down a deposit on a Cayman GTS 4.0, then they revealed this! Took a lot to pry me from Porsche - but this is simply stunning!
Excited beyond belief. Going for a V6 manual - I think I’ve completed YouTube as far as the Emira is concerned… can somebody upload some more content?! 😬♥️

If I was not going for the Emira, the Cayman GTS 4.0l was top of my list but just out of budget really so when they announced £60k for the Emira on the launch I was gobsmacked!

LotusAmateur

Reaction score
Hi all,

New to Lotus too. Currently have an Alpine A110 Legende as my daily. Sublime to drive. Expecting the Emira to be similar (if not better) to drive but more comfortable; oh the irony!

Very excited about getting my first Lotus - now just the wait!

supersix

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi all,

New to Lotus too. Currently have an Alpine A110 Legende as my daily. Sublime to drive. Expecting the Emira to be similar (if not better) to drive but more comfortable; oh the irony!

Very excited about getting my first Lotus - now just the wait!

Welcome to the forum @LotusAmateur 🍻