Lotus Newbie here

SmokeGlider

Reaction score
Hi folks,
I just placed a deposit on an Emira. My previous car was a Corvette C7. I sold it back in November and now rather regret it; such a lovely car. So I've been in the market for something to replace it in recent months including another C7. I've looked at a passel of other cars including the C8, the F-Type R, the Lexus LC, various BMW M cars (the M6 Gran Coupe is probably the most beautiful car looking ever made by BMW, IMHO), Audi RS', the 911 and the Cayman, and even lightly used MB AMG GTs and Aston Martin DB9s.

I've owned a variety of different cars (even strayed off-road for awhile with a heavily modified Jeep Wrangler), but really looking for a two-seater that kindles my driving passion; Is comfortable, drives and handles well, has reasonably good power and reliability, can pull duty as an occasional GT, and makes me look at it every time I walk away. It sounds like the Emira might fit the bill, and comes with super-car looks and a high degree of exclusivity too.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Hi folks,
I just placed a deposit on an Emira. My previous car was a Corvette C7. I sold it back in November and now rather regret it; such a lovely car. So I've been in the market for something to replace it in recent months including another C7. I've looked at a passel of other cars including the C8, the F-Type R, the Lexus LC, various BMW M cars (the M6 Gran Coupe is probably the most beautiful car looking ever made by BMW, IMHO), Audi RS', the 911 and the Cayman, and even lightly used MB AMG GTs and Aston Martin DB9s.

I've owned a variety of different cars (even strayed off-road for awhile with a heavily modified Jeep Wrangler), but really looking for a two-seater that kindles my driving passion; Is comfortable, drives and handles well, has reasonably good power and reliability, can pull duty as an occasional GT, and makes me look at it every time I walk away. It sounds like the Emira might fit the bill, and comes with super-car looks and a high degree of exclusivity too.
Yep, welcome. Have you decided what configuration you want?

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I think you’re probably the exact market for this car. Once you drive the Lotus, and feel that connection to machine that Lotus are so good at, you won’t miss that Vette. And that’s no knock against the Vette.

OP
S

SmokeGlider

Reaction score
Yep, welcome. Have you decided what configuration you want?
I'm a big fan of a gearbox you stir yourself, so looking hard at the V6/manual combo. But, haven't completely written off the I4 and DCT. That AMG motor is capable of much more power, and the DCTs are wicked fast gearboxes. Only problem is I haven't found any reviews of the i4 in the Emira. So I wonder about cooling a juiced up i4 in the mid-engine configuration, and I'm told it employs a belt-driven oil pump which is a bit of a concern for me.

Not sure what configuration options will be available on the base, but I'd like it in the Touring tune, DV and Gloss black Ultra-lights, and a tan leather interior, as little Alcantara as possible (I hate the stuff).

How about you? What configuration have you gone with?

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of a gearbox you stir yourself, so looking hard at the V6/manual combo. But, haven't completely written off the I4 and DCT. That AMG motor is capable of much more power, and the DCTs are wicked fast gearboxes. Only problem is I haven't found any reviews of the i4 in the Emira. So I wonder about cooling a juiced up i4 in the mid-engine configuration, and I'm told it employs a belt-driven oil pump which is a bit of a concern for me.

Not sure what configuration options will be available on the base, but I'd like it in the Touring tune, DV and Gloss black Ultra-lights, and a tan leather interior, as little Alcantara as possible (I hate the stuff).

Lovely spec. No I4s currently exist outside of factory prototypes, so that’s why you’re not seeing any reviews. They intend to offer both engines on the base, but need on the 4 has been weirdly quiet so not sure when that will come along, you might get one sooner if you go V6.

RENDERMAN

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi folks,

Go for for the Cayman GT4RS and let me drive it! :)

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score

I went traditional. V6 FE, Dark Verdant, tan leather, manual trans, silver wheels, yellow calipers.